100 HP ChallengeOpen 

• Thread starter Drex124
  • 13 comments
United States
Pennsylvania
Drex125
ScoobyMcPancake
It's an idea I've seen elsewhere and thought it could be fun to try out, so I present thee
*Insert dramatic voice*

The 100 HP Challenge

Low power cars and a short track should make for a low barrier to entry and provide some close racing. The unique requirements should also force some creativity in car choice, it's no fun if everyone shows up in an Elise.

Time and Date:

TBA

The Cars:

Anything street legal (i.e no race cars) as long as they're up to spec. Speaking of which...

The Specs:

-HP: 100 Max
-Weight: 1000 KG Minimum
-Tires: Comfort soft
-Assists: ABS only
-Tuning: Allowed

Track and lobby settings:

-Track: Tsukuba Circuit
-Start type: Grid Start with False Start Check
-Boost: none
-Tire wear/fuel consumption: Normal
-Grip reduction: Real
-Mechanical damage: Light
-Slipstream strength: Real

Format:

2 Race format, a 10 minute sprint race followed by 25 minute race, the grid in reverse order of the sprint race.

Leave your PSN and car of choice.

Anything I've missed just let me know.

Last edited:
2 Race format, a 5 lap sprint race followed by 25 minute race, the grid in reverse order of the sprint race.
To change the setting from a finite number of laps to a set time limit (endurance race) you need to create a new lobby as that setting can't be changed when the lobby is open.

If you do that & still want reverse grid order, you would have to manufacture it somehow. Perhaps by staging a short race in the newly opened 2nd lobby where all drivers deliberately finish in the order required to set the grid order for the real race.

It's possible but slightly complicated.

I'd be interested in racing in this but I can't make it on that date.

Fixed. I'm open to suggestions for different dates/times if it means more people can participate, but it will be majority rules in that case.

I'm interested, but timing might also be an issue. I will keep an eye on it to see what happens.

I may enter with a white NA Miata depending on the date. Would be a nice change from the other 100 GT3 races if we decide to do the race. PSN is otistomatoe2.

To change the setting from a finite number of laps to a set time limit (endurance race) you need to create a new lobby as that setting can't be changed when the lobby is open.

If you do that & still want reverse grid order, you would have to manufacture it somehow. Perhaps by staging a short race in the newly opened 2nd lobby where all drivers deliberately finish in the order required to set the grid order for the real race.

It's possible but slightly complicated.

I'd be interested in racing in this but I can't make it on that date.

The host would have to set the second race to fastest first and then people would have to line up on track in the proper order for the grid to be right. We have to do this in SNAIL when we have disconnect problems.

defo interested. My PSN is shown just under my profile pic on this post. Not sure what car I will use yet though

Back