100% Torque Splits on ALL Vehicles

• Thread starter Dan
  • 16 comments

Dan

Premium
United States
United States
It's a pretty simple suggestion. Allow players to perform complete drivetrain swaps to ANY car in the game, except for certain cars like the Caterham Seven, Red Bull X-Cars, Formula GT, etc.

Players have asked for the ability to set the torque split on AWD cars to 0/100 or 100/0 for a long time. It would open up so many more opportunities for tuners and players that actively engage in racing series. Drifters would love to make their Skylines, Imprezas, and EVOs 100% RWD. I am not sure what other types of players would benefit from this, but it would be fun to completely change the drivetrain of cars. Besides, who wouldn't want a front wheel drive Bugatti Veyron just for the fun of it?

Last edited:
It might not be 100% useful for me since I don't drift front engined cars often (Although I really should start that soon), but it will benefit so many other players. I can sense people are dying to convert the R34 to RWD, considering there's so many RWD R34s that drift in real life.

This is can be a good idea but PLEEEASE don't have it turn out like Forza where you can awd the most ridiculous cars. I DO NOT want to play a game where you can awd a shelby mustang or awd a Viper or awd a chevy 1 cylinder POS. It is SOO bad in forza its one of the top reasons I dont play the game period. I would love to put AWD or RWD in the ford focus or a mini cooper. But please no awd supras or awd nsx or awd s2000 or awd fiat 50o or awd aston martins. It should be verrry specific and limited. FWD to RWD conversion I see nothing wrong with.

AWD to RWD differentials are what we're shooting for... in my opinion putting a car AWD that is not meant to be AWD is ridiculous. Unless you wanted to do it for track racing for some reason... but even then its pretty weird. Just voicing my sincere opinion here.

Sorry, who?

naoto5.jpg

noriyaro_team_orange_odaiba_final_01.jpg

To me a 100% torque split would not even make sense, Drive train swaps maybe but only if done in a logical and realistic way. I absolutely hated what they did in Forza 3 with the drive train swaps. Do not want to see that in GT

There are cars that are coming out these days with an AWD system that electronically disables power to the rear to make it act as a FWD car, it's likely there would be a way to do the same with removing power from the front as well.

If drivetrain swaps are possible in the future, that's great. But if not, this idea of a AWD system being able to become a FWD or RWD by placing 100% the power to the front or rear (vs the limitation at 90% currently in-game) would be the easiest option for the PD staff to do.

Back