1000 kg cars

United States
United States
I tried to search for this topic and couldn't find a specific post, sorry if this was discussed before.

Can anyone give me a list of cars that weight less than 1000 kg, before or after weight reduction tune? Better cost less than 1 million, though...

I find the light cars are my favorite; hp is not that relevant but the lighter a car is, it is easier for me to handle.

For that reason, rocket, crossbow, Tommykaira II, Megane trophy, Lambo Countach are my favorite cars.

For the IA or IB classical event, it was such a painful experience to compete with Toyota 7 or 2J, until I found Countach.

Also, the Megane Trophy is a beast on the track, easily beats cars that at 650pp level.

Thanks! Cheers!

When I saw this thread title I cam to say Countach. It's very usefull car and best lambo IMO. I can't remember others like that tbf. I can think only cars like Lancia Stratos but I don't think that's what you are looking for really. Only if you are into really improving your driving ability you should trybto drive Stratos properly. Now I saw you haven't mentioned Lotus cars. Those are lightweight, also Ginetta but I think Ginetta is not in 6 due too licence. Tryb British cars (TVR cars are also light) but I don't think nothing beats Countach anyways..

When I saw this thread title I cam to say Countach. It's very usefull car and best lambo IMO. I can't remember others like that tbf. I can think only cars like Lancia Stratos but I don't think that's what you are looking for really. Only if you are into really improving your driving ability you should trybto drive Stratos properly. Now I saw you haven't mentioned Lotus cars. Those are lightweight, also Ginetta but I think Ginetta is not in 6 due too licence. Tryb British cars (TVR cars are also light) but I don't think nothing beats Countach anyways..

Totally agree! The Countach is so nimble; it can easily compete with many modern supercars.

Because of the good impression of Countach, I bought Lambo Diablo GT2, but it feels nothing like Countach. On the contrary, it slips at every corner.

I have two TVR cars, they are good too, but as you said, it needs a little more skill to control it.

This should help you 👍

Wonderful, thanks!

I now have many candidates to play around.

Suprise to see the Toyota 7 is only 620 kg, no wonder it behaves like a bolt of lightning in the historic racing event.

I will start with the cheaper ones.

A good thing about GT6 is that you can buy essentially every car at the dealership.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful, thanks!

I now have many candidates to play around.

Suprise to see the Toyota 7 is only 620 kg, no wonder it behaves like a bolt of lightning in the historic racing event.

I will start with the cheaper ones.

A good thing about GT6 is that you can buy essentially every car at the dealership.:D
Well, the Mazda Furai concept weighs below 700kg but of course, it's just a concept car.

Well, the Mazda Furai concept weighs below 700kg but of course, it's just a concept car.

Does Furai handle similar to other high-end Mazda cars? I bought the Mazda lm vision GT and three other Rx7, Rx8 variants.

The other Mazdas are all good at cornering, I don't need to adjust any suspension at all.

Does Furai handle similar to other high-end Mazda cars? I bought the Mazda lm vision GT and three other Rx7, Rx8 variants.

The other Mazdas are all good at cornering, I don't need to adjust any suspension at all.
Yes, I think it feels closer to a race car than a usual road car in the game. This is because it has standard aerodynamics and adjustable suspension, too.

Yes, I think it feels closer to a race car than a usual road car in the game. This is because it has standard aerodynamics and adjustable suspension, too.

Yesterday I bought three cars, Furai, AEM S2000, and CT230R. The latter two were hand-picked as they weight around 1100 kg and I thought they were worth to try.

Furai is really quick and beyond my expectation, it almost makes you feel like driving a 787.

The other two, however, were not so good. AEM S2000 is really slow, both acceleration and top speed (Gosh, it has ~500 hp). CT230R has serious understeer problem, it turns like a dinosaur.:ouch:

Yesterday I bought three cars, Furai, AEM S2000, and CT230R. The latter two were hand-picked as they weight around 1100 kg and I thought they were worth to try.

Furai is really quick and beyond my expectation, it almost makes you feel like driving a 787.

The other two, however, were not so good. AEM S2000 is really slow, both acceleration and top speed (Gosh, it has ~500 hp). CT230R has serious understeer problem, it turns like a dinosaur.:ouch:
Because the CT230R is based on the Evo 7, it also has 4wd but it really suffers from massive understeer and not to mention it only has a 5-speed tranny. Meanwhile, the AEM S2000 somewhat feels like it lacks power that I would suggest picking the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo instead. Lastly, the Furai has a very good acceleration and decent engine sound but as stock, its top speed is below 200mph and also, it's just a standard car unlike the other two choices you have here.

HKS is bad car to drive.. I don't thing they got it right in the game either. It looked much smoother in real life on Tsukuba where it had record 53.5.. Even tho I don't see how was that ideal car to time attack Tsukuba. Anyways much different style of driving is necessary with this thing than other cars mentioned.

Because the CT230R is based on the Evo 7, it also has 4wd but it really suffers from massive understeer and not to mention it only has a 5-speed tranny. Meanwhile, the AEM S2000 somewhat feels like it lacks power that I would suggest picking the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo instead. Lastly, the Furai has a very good acceleration and decent engine sound but as stock, its top speed is below 200mph and also, it's just a standard car unlike the other two choices you have here.

Speaking of Amuse, the Amuse Carbon R (R34) '04 seems to be also good, pretty cheap, 700+ hp and 1100 kg!

HKS is bad car to drive.. I don't thing they got it right in the game either. It looked much smoother in real life on Tsukuba where it had record 53.5.. Even tho I don't see how was that ideal car to time attack Tsukuba. Anyways much different style of driving is necessary with this thing than other cars mentioned.

Yeah, that car looks quite cool. I even tweaked around with its suspension but didn't help for that understeer...

Back