1000 Miles - The reason GT is supreme..

  • Thread starter Thread starter f0rmula
  • 70 comments
  • 7,229 views
How much can I get away with before it classes a car as modded ? is it the weight saving and rigidity that causes the problems ?

I had hoped to use my supercharged Buick '62 special, but since I chucked a wegde of cash at it, its now classed as modded and wont let me use it.

(that buick is quick, took it the high speed test and with nitro it hit 259.9 with plenty of 6th gear still left)
 
I tried A-speccing it with my 69 Camaro SS, but I couldn't keep that damn car straight (not enough rear downforce), so I tried the Jaguar E-type, and did really well with it, but got bored after 10 laps, and b-specced it with my Cobra.
 
Shelby Cobra's one of the best. The best car to use for any classic car race would be either an american muscle car or the '70 Toyota 7 Race Car, if you can get your hands on it.
 
Does anyone know if you win the prize car if you enter all these races seperately. Or do you have to do 'GT series' and run them one after the other non-stop to get the car?

Cheers
 
VarmintCong
Out of curiosity, would a Ginnetta be competative in this series unmodded, or would I have to boost the HP?

I ran the first 1000 mile race (the ring) last night with the Ginnetta G4. It still has it's stock 96 hp and I laped the field multiple times (except for the 2nd place car which I only lapped once).

I can't recall exactly, but the only mods I did on the G4 was brakes, flywheel, and clutch. Maybe a better tranny, but I can't recall offhand right now. No power mods, no sticky tires, and weight reduction though. I was lapping around 8min53sec and pitted every 8-9laps, for a total of 3 pits. I don't know how well it will do on the other courses, but it did fine at the Ring. Only got 7 lousy A-spec points for it though. 👎
 
I'm just considering stating this race series.

I'll probably go with either the AC Cars 427, Camero, or the E-Type.

I'm just making sure when you can save the game. During a race, between races or both?
 
wow im in the last race of this series right, i skipped race 3 cause i didnt need it. my cars ai is going crazy and running into the wall repeatedly in the same place and i went from 2 laps up to 5th and hes still banging the wall. if he would just go another 5 feet he wouls be past the wall. and im really pissed cause im gonna have to do the whole championship again.
 
redhed17
I'm just considering stating this race series.

I'll probably go with either the AC Cars 427, Camero, or the E-Type.

I'm just making sure when you can save the game. During a race, between races or both?
Just between races.
 
Thanks for the information, and the reply Lethalchem. 👍 :)
 
Do yourselves a favour and win the Lotus competition to get a 1962 Lotus Elan. My God! Handles like an absolute dream even with sports tyres, great to upgrade and you don't have to play with a thing in the settings! Maybe because it's so damn light (around 600kg). This is bar none the easiest driving, fun car! Just don't try to rally with it due to its tiny weight.
 
Back