1000 miles!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Juice476
  • 50 comments
  • 9,412 views
What kind of A-spec points are you guys getting in this? I was trying to get some decent points using a stock 300SL and then they put the stupid AC Cobra in the race, and it only offered me like 4 A-Spec points. Needless to say, there is no way my stock 300SL was going to catch the AC. So what car do I use to win and still keep a respectable amount of A-spec points?
 
stanger2125
Use the Jag E-Type. Just make sure you are not running agaist the ac cobra. Keep entering the event until it don't show up.

Yeah, I used the E-type ('61) like alot of people here. I didn't bother with the oil change, and the only change I did to setup was to turn ASM and TCS completely off. It was really interesting to watch how tire wear changed from one stint to the next based on my driving style for the stint (like how hard I attacked for a try at a fast lap). I just wanted more realism, and didn't feel that traction control was very realistic for a 1961 Jag :)

The competition was never even really a threat at all, but then I didn't see the AC Cobra. I started the series the first time and it wasn't there.
 
punkrkr27
What kind of A-spec points are you guys getting in this? I was trying to get some decent points using a stock 300SL and then they put the stupid AC Cobra in the race, and it only offered me like 4 A-Spec points. Needless to say, there is no way my stock 300SL was going to catch the AC. So what car do I use to win and still keep a respectable amount of A-spec points?

A-spec points are not easy to get here - the mixed field makes it a total pain. Try repeatedly reentering one of the following until you find one you like and a field you can beat -

Alfa Spyder Duetto, VW Karmann ghia (200pts here), 67' skyline, Mini Marcos - these will not beat the Cobra, Ginetta, 300SL, vette, buick or anything else nasty that turns up so keep resetting the field until you get it easy. If you want to race the big boys you'll need one of your own (a muscle car, the SL or Jag E-Type will do)

For people who just want to thrash it - toyota 7, Ford GT40, Vette 63 race car, chapparal 2D. Just change the tyres.
 
route_66
A-spec points are not easy to get here - the mixed field makes it a total pain. Try repeatedly reentering one of the following until you find one you like and a field you can beat -

Alfa Spyder Duetto, VW Karmann ghia (200pts here), 67' skyline, Mini Marcos - these will not beat the Cobra, Ginetta, 300SL, vette, buick or anything else nasty that turns up so keep resetting the field until you get it easy. If you want to race the big boys you'll need one of your own (a muscle car, the SL or Jag E-Type will do)

For people who just want to thrash it - toyota 7, Ford GT40, Vette 63 race car, chapparal 2D. Just change the tyres.


Yeah, that's what was ticking me off. I entered with a car that was no match for the AC Cobra yet it was only going to give me 4 A-Spec points?! I was like, how am I supposed to beat this race without resorting to a way overpowered car.
 
Stock Jag E-Type here. 👍
 
SRV2LOW4ME
SC Cobra. Fully modded, it won't lose. 👍
Well mine did, he came in 2nd on the first race and I stopped it there.
Super Hard tires and Bob goes for 5 laps instaed of 4 before pitstop.
Tires are blood red. Settings on 3 for Bob and he loses because of he does
not know when to stop............................
 
Im done i waited till the last race and then went to bed and let my driver sort it out i came in 1st so thats cool
 
Only on 16.6% so have'nt done any enduros yet. How can i save my game mid race if I want to, cause some of them are too long to race in one sitting.
 
You can't.
 
If you need a break you have to pauze or let the B-spec driver take over by going to the pits and selecting B-spec in the bottom selection box. However you can never switch off your PS2 while you're in an endurance race.
The 1000 miles championship is not in the endurance hall BTW, so you should be able to enter it even at 16%. It is in the European hall and is actually a series of 4 endurance races. I finnished it 2 days ago and it took just about the entire evening in B-spec at 3x and I still had to skip out of the last race because it was late and I didn't feel like leaving the PS2 on the whole night.
 
stanger2125
Use the Jag E-Type. Just make sure you are not running agaist the ac cobra. Keep entering the event until it don't show up.

Me to... a joy to drive. I just gave it a first stage weight reduction to save on tyres a wee bit and added a ROM chip. This car is on rails as regards cornering.
 
I completed this last night using a 427 Cobra (AC, not shelby) and it wiped the floor with the competition - at least 15 laps ahead of 2nd place in all races - usually 20+ infront of the poor little fiat 500 in 6th. :rolleyes:

The thing I found most annoying was is B Spec, Race 4 - Le Mans (Sarthe) - hoooning down the straight at 170mph+ and here comes the fiat - BANG - straight into the back of the fiat!!! :ouch:

The AI really is quite poor! :banghead:

And to top it off - an Alfa Guila Special thingy in BLUE !!! Worth 13k - what a cr@ppy prize for what is in effect 4 endurance races back to back!! :grumpy:
 
The prize car is needed to race in the one make Alfa race and you cant buy it elsewhere.
 
fasternfaster
The prize car is needed to race in the one make Alfa race and you cant buy it elsewhere.

The car you won by winning the 1000 miles? Well, not true. I've got 100%, and never ever used the Alfa I won with the 1000 miles. For the one make Alfa race you can choose between more cars to race with. This one ain't needed for the Alfa races.:)
 
YuRiPa
The car you won by winning the 1000 miles? Well, not true. I've got 100%, and never ever used the Alfa I won with the 1000 miles. For the one make Alfa race you can choose between more cars to race with. This one ain't needed for the Alfa races.:)

I concur. The Alfa race is for the 147 GTA and Giulia GTA not the Giulia Sprint you win from 1000 miles. However - IMHO the Giulia Sprint Speciale is one of the most beautiful looking cars ever so you might not need it but you should certainly want it!
 
pringle_addict
And to top it off - an Alfa Guila Special thingy in BLUE !!! Worth 13k - what a cr@ppy prize for what is in effect 4 endurance races back to back!! :grumpy:

Dude- Blue?? BUMMER. Seriously, I was crossing my fingers it wouldn't give me some wacky color, and I got red. It's true, it's not the supercar type of prize you'd expect for such a series, but I guess it's okay. Still, blue huh? too bad...
 
im using the 300sl with economic tyres, 2 pit stops per race :D
 
I used an E-Type and just modded it to the max. The races were sooooo long I wanted to get them over with, especially Cote d'Azur and Opera. Maxxing them up really shortens the amount of time you spend on this event. A few seconds per lap over each 3hr race = more of your life back.
 
B-speced it with a '70 GT-R and Stage 1 turbo!

And it's actually 994.6 miles!

Exclaimation points are also allowed for this super exciting race series!
 
I used a Shelby 427 - check the signature (it happened on the Mulsanne Straight)
 
Right now I am doing the 1000 Miles! race with my Jaguar E-type. I am on lap 7 of 25 of the Nuburgring Norschlife. The car behnd me, has a 9 minute difference
 
Back