1000 Punch Drill!for your enjoyment =D

• Thread starter AE86Driver
  • 9 comments
1000 Punch drill.

Begin with 1 reverse punch each count. Count to 10.
After the first set of 10 throw 2 punches per count. Count to 10
After the 2nd set of 10 throw 2 punches per count. Count to 10
Continue this patter until you are throw 10 punches per count. Count to 10
NOW work your back down. Continue the pattern with 9 punches per count. Count to 10
8 punches per count. Count to 10
When you get back down to 1 punch per count they should be very hard and fast.

Here's the secret. By the time you've done 1000 punches your arms are tired, and probably you as well. You should have lost all tension in your arm, and that's the secret to speedy techniques-NO TENSION. The only time you should put muscle into your movements is the moment of contact, and then all should be relaxed again.

AE86Driver

If you lift your arm up to the side against a wall for a while, then step away, your arm will float up all by itself. Cool man.

I saw these two guys lift both these guys arms in the air and left them there for about 5 minutes,then they let them go,then he was like,"whoa,they're floating!" and I didn't understand what he meant,but after reading your post..now I do =D

AE86Driver

P.S. here's some other interesting stuff that I used to do =D,yes I actually used to practice Drunken Boxing =P,hehe!oh yeah,by the way,these aren't things I typed out myself,they're documents,and pages from books and such -----

Drunken Boxing is a pictographic boxing in Chinese Martial Arts. As the name connotes, it contains movements depicting a person in a drunken state. With steps faltering and body stumbling, the performer now raises his cup and pours out wine for himself, now wriggles and staggers along like a drunken man, as if on the verge of falling. With its unique and fantastic movements, this veritable heirloom has been handed down from generation to generation.

The characteristic features of Drunken boxing are:the skill of boxing resides in drunkenness and the scheme of pugilism hides in pouncing and falling. The drunken state of wriggling and stumbling contains the strokes, the footwork and the skills of attacking and evading, such as tricking and puckering, shoving and smashing, springing and kicking, hooking and hanging, brushing and gazing, rising and falling, there conceal the skills of attacking and defending, such as pouncing, rolling, somersaulting, and winding. In a word, Drunken Boxing has merged the boxing, the wrestling and the drunkenness into an organic whole and formed an unique style which is interesting and fascinating.
---------------------------------

Introduction of Drunken-style Boxing

Often called "Drunken-style fist" when translated from Mandarin Chinese, the movements of this style emulate drunken behavior in their erratic and unpredictable manner. In it, boxers falter, waddle, fall and sway just like drunkards. The main feature of the drunkard boxing is to hide combative hits in drunkard-like, unsteady movements and actions so s to confuse the opponent. The secret of this style of boxing is maintaining a clear mind while giving a drunken appearance.

Zui Quan is learned usually as one of the last styles a student will study, as it is very difficult and requires a great deal of ability, flexibility, and the understanding of Wushu theory and philosophy.

The drunkard boxers go out of their way to stress the combative side of their style. They blend a series of movements, actions and skills of the martial arts and try to confuse their opponents with special skills which often lead them to surprising triumphs.
Execution of the drunkard boxing demands extreme flexibility of the joints as well as suppleness, dexterity, power and coordination of all.
Drunkard boxers are required to be responsive with good eyesight and fist plays. They move in unconnected steps but with a flexible body combining hardness and suppleness. They have to be fast to get the better of their opponents but their main tactic is to feign defence while trying to attack and aiming in one direction but attacking in another.
-------------------------------

Drunken Boxing - a valued art.......

I first came up with this idea on the way home from the Dog and duck in Plymouth. Bored with the nightlife on offer I decided to get a few friends together to consume a set amount of alcohol before free sparring. Typically this would take place in the car park round the back of the local SPARR 24 hour.

THe art of drunken boxing.......

To compete in drunken boxing, you must make sure that each boxer has consumed the same amount of alcohol. Heres the scientific bit, pay attention....

To ensure equal inebriatey we usually use the system of "units" of alcohol. 1 'unit' of alcohol = half a pint of 3.5% abv Beer or 25mg 'single shot' of spirits. Therefore we reccomend the following for each level of drunken boxing:

Beginners - 4 units of alcohol
Amateurs - 8 units of alcohol
Pros - 12 units of alcohol +

As tolerance builds up, the amount of units consumed can be increased.
The rules

1.) You do not talk about drunken boxing
2.) You do not talk about drunken boxing
3.) You must comply with all the rules

Tips for beginner drunken boxers

*Beginners beware* - It is increasingly the case that amateurs and in some cases, professionals will employ a dirty trick of pretending to be drunk.

If pre-fight drinks are bought in the pub, it should be made sure that both opponents take it in turns to buy the drinks or "rounds" this ensures that the drinks are not spiked or worse, non alcoholic.

For example, a well known fable tells of Mark chapman and Paul smith , a beginner and an amateur who prepared for their match in the "Parsons twatch" just off of upper sapey road next to the homeless shelter in bristol. Paul smith, (amateur level) was buying the rounds and was clearly seen to have a rapport with the barman. In the pursuing match, Mark chapman lost a leg, an eye, a left testicle and spent the night in a police cell for being drunken and disorderly. It later turned out that Paul smith had been drinking shots of not vodka, but water and Mark chapman had been drinking Stella artois spiked with horse tranquiliser.
SO take heed!
Choosing a club

Many different clubs have started up and down the country, finding a club that suits you is paramount for both health and safety reasons and also for legal reasons. For a full list of clubs send an email to woodlanddivision@yahoo.co.uk.

Of course the easiest way to find a club is to ask at your local public house but you should always make sure that you watch the club and the instructors SOBER before you go along as otherwise you could be opening yourself up to a whole new level of ass-whooping unnecessarily.

Also you should always ensure that your clubs instructor has a fully accredited licence from the BADM (British Association of Drunken Boxing).
Training tips

When I first came up with the idea for drunken boxing, I developed a number of training techniques that were very beneficial to my combat skills. These techniques are focused on countering the effects felt by the pre match drinking and are based on the average guy with a working lifestyle.

Exercise countering leglessness
Effect of drinkLeglessness DescriptionThis is the loss of coordination of the lower part of the body that is oten experienced when drinking alcohol that makes us unable to walk in a straight line or kick in the desired direction. ExerciseIn a quiet office find your own personal space and put your swivelling chair in your space. Sit on the chair and spin round for one minute as fast as you can. (You might ask a friend or your training partner to help by spinning the chair and timing you) Next, walk to your bosses office and during which time think of a sensible, work-related question to ask him. Return to your office and write down the answer. BenefitThis exercise works on a number of levels, firstly the chair spinning will disorientate the body similar to the effects of being drunk. Walking to the bosses office will improve navigational and awareness skills and thinking of the work related question will help you to be able to think quickly while feeling loss of coordination. Finally writing down the answer will teach you to learn from what you experience.

Muscle building exercise
Effect of drinkLack of muscle, lack of fitness. DescriptionAs most people will know, drinking alcohol in the pub is not a very sporty activity and the calories will lead to more fat and less muscle. In training in 1997 I came across an ingenious idea to counter this. ExerciseWhen you go to the pub, ask for a pint glass with a handle and take a cycling bungee and a weight off of a standard dumbell. Attach the dumbell using the cycling bungees to the bottom of the pint glass and drink from the same glass all night. Try standing at the bar rather than sitting down and keep the pint glass in your hand as much as possible. BenefitThis exercise will build your muscles up and give you the edge over other contestants who spend long hours training in the pub without the dumbell attached. Standing at the bar will help you to get used to standing up while drunk and at the same time will make you hold the pint glass for longer thus working at those arm muscles.

yeah whats a reverse punch
oh
btw
when you said the hand floats
it's cuz the muscle was retracted too long
and the muscle would stay that way
thats why even if you put ur hands down, the muscles will still wanna pull, which = movement, or the "floating"

oh be quiet Cobra =P,hehe.so I didn't put any ^_^s,would like for me to put some ^_^s in my sentances?:lol: I will ^_^,so ^_^,and ^_^ some more,haha :lol:!Oh yeah,besides...I didn't type ALL of that last post,just the first part..cause if I would've typed the WHOLE post,I would've at least put one ^_^ in there.So that above post doesn't count =P,and so what if I don't use correct grammer,bleh.Well,anyways...I don't exactly know what a reverse punch is..maybe it's like,with your back turned,then your throw a punch sideways (if you get what I'm sayin' about that ^_^),but I don't know...maybe that's just a backwards punch?But I did used to practice drunken boxing,but I never tried to figure out what the reverse punch was or such...I just stuck with using my hands turned into traditional chinese cups usually for drinking sake,but I found it better that way,so =D

AE86Driver

Back