12. P. Valero - TAKATA DOME NSX '06

Starting Weather: Dry
Setup: Umodified
Starting Tyres: Racing Hard
Power: 474BHP/7500rpm
Weight: 1150kg
BHP per tonne: 412.174BHP/tonne
Performance Points (PP): 580

Lap 1 - And we're off! Starting in 7th after the first corner I move up into 5th, then 3rd by the second corner leading up to the S Curves. Passing 2nd on the S Curves I realise that K. Gallegos in 1st is way ahead as I get overtaken again by B. De Angelis so after the first lap I am in 3rd with a lap time of 2:19, 1st is now 5.5 seconds ahead! :scared:

Lap 2 - After starting in 3rd it becomes clear that 2nd and 1st are miles ahead. I try to hold off the other cars as I am around 5 or 6 seconds a lap slower than 1st. Lap time of 2:12

Lap 3 - A minor spin puts me in 5th but I reovertake coming up to the overpass into the Hairpin. This puts me back into 4th. Lap Time of 2:16.

Lap 4 - Another minor spin puts me into 6th. Can't recover and 7th and beyond is really close now. 1st is now around 30s ahead and 2nd 3rd and 4th all at least 15s ahead too. This is not looking good at all. Lap Time 2:17

Laps 5-10 Not much happening here, lap times around the 2:16 or 2:17 mark, still dry and still in 7th.

Lap 11 - Tyres having an effect now, annoying after only 11 Laps it seems I need to pit. 1st was over a minute ahead when I went in, and when I come out with Racing soft Tyres (desperate times) he has lapped me. I only needed to put in 42 Litres of fuel, but with a lap time of 2:29, I am now dead last.

Lap 12 - The pit stop has taken it's toll. I'm seriously last, and with a lap time of 2:51 even 11th is around 10 seconds ahead. 1st is a lap ahead as well. This ain't looking good. Oh and I can't tell but it looks like it may rain. Yay! :(

Lap 13 - With fresh tyres and full fuel, I'm still last but a fastest lap time of 2:08 improves my confidence slightly.

Laps 14 - 24 Not a lot happening. Still last, but after 22 Laps 1st guy pits, unlapping myself. Now only 1:50 behind. Average lap times of 2:14 as the tyres start to wear out again. Weather looking unknown, at times I think it may look cloudy/wet but mostly it looks fine. Wet may be a blessing but it may be hinder me, so I can't tell if I want it to rain or not. Lap 16 gave a new fastest lap of 2:07.

Lap 25 - Pitting in for fresh tyres and 20 Litres of fuel. Still 1:50 down upon entering, with no sign of moving up into 11th. Lap time of 2:22.

Laps 26 - 31 Little action, lap times around 2:10. I did manage to pass 11th guy W. Santiago after he pit, but I'll need to pit in the next 5 Laps so he'll pass me putting me back into last. Track still the same as it was at the start, (dry). I've just noticed K. Gallegos is in 5th and B. De Angelis is in 8th, so no idea who is in the top 4. We are now 70 minutes into the race.

Lap 37 - And I'm back into my usual spot of last. Still dry.

Lap 39 - Pitting in for tyres and 55L of fuel.

Lap 42 - Fastest lap for me of the race with a 2:07.001. :)

Lap 53 - Morale is very low, I'm making many mistakes as a result. I'm last (with no sign of anything better), I'm 2 Laps down on first and after 2 hours I'm thinking of just quitting and retiring from the race altogether. Why waste another 4 hours only for some XP and a 12th?

Lap 54 - Okay, I've retired. After 2h01m The final grid placing is as follows:

12. Me
11. W. Santiago
10. B. De Angelis
09. K. Gallegos
08. I. Benjamin
07. A. Vorobyov
06. N. Ahola
05. K. Glenn
04. Unknown
03. Unknown
02. Unknown
01. Unknown

This means (in no order) the top 4 drivers were B. Yates, A. Sanchez, P. Valero and S. Rajala.
B. Yates - RAYBRIG NSX
A. Sanchez - ARTA NSX '06
P. Valero - TAKATA DOME NSX '06
S. Rajala - WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R '08

Since I don't know who won, and also that I didn't finish, I can't take much from this race in terms of how to improve (car used, setup, tyres, pit strategy). My pitting was correct, driving was okay until around the point when I knew I would come last and gave up, the car may need improving (on Typical opponents this car is 3PP below the lowest and around 25PP below the best), but I have no other JGTC cars and they do cost a lot. Also, since RS last just as long if not slightly shorter than RH, but are far faster I'll use them. Sad that I never saw Rain, I'm not the greatest Wet Racer ever, but it may have helped.

Last edited:
Lap 37 - And I'm back into my usual spot of last. Still dry.

Lap 39 - Pitting in for tyres and 55L of fuel.

After a Pit Stop on Lap 53, morale is very low. I'm last, 2 Laps down on first and after 2 hours I'm thinking of just quitting and retiring from the race altogether. Why waste another 4 hours only for some XP and a 12th?

Okay, I've retired. The Report is finished. I will give this another go some other time, when I do I'll write a report on it. :)

Start with rh tires. Purchase med and soft though. This way if rh dont work for you , you will have options to upgrade

Thanks. Is that the one with 600+PP? And what tyres? RS?

It is and use RS to start. There's wasn't much difference in wear between tyre compound - at least not before the last couple of updates.

Get a feel for beating the opposition in the Super GT seasonal.

Just bought the Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z 06 for 950,000 and bought RH and RS Tyres, so using RS I did 5 practice laps and after no mistakes and 5 Laps in Dry RS conditions I was around 5 seconds ahead, with laps around 2:08/9. It'll be interesting to see how I do in the Wet, as like I said I'm not brilliant in the wet.

But the AI is even less brilliant in the rain. You should do alright gaining a a second per lap. Pit strategy will play a role tho. Unless you.get a mostly wet race.

IIRC Rh will do better in the rain than rain tires will.

Caz
But the AI is even less brilliant in the rain. You should do alright gaining a a second per lap. Pit strategy will play a role tho. Unless you.get a mostly wet race.

IIRC Rh will do better in the rain than rain tires will.
That seems counter-intuitive. As for Pitting well that's the tough part. I usually pit when the tyres begin to cause "tyre steer" and only put in the amount of fuel I'll need (if any more is needed) to the next stop.

Just bought the Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z 06 for 950,000 and bought RH and RS Tyres, so using RS I did 5 practice laps and after no mistakes and 5 Laps in Dry RS conditions I was around 5 seconds ahead, with laps around 2:08/9. It'll be interesting to see how I do in the Wet, as like I said I'm not brilliant in the wet.

Yes I was going to suggest using the Nismo Z. I've run 2:02 laps on race hard tires not pushing it to the limit. But that sword cuts both ways. The Nismo Z is also fast in the hands of the AI so keep that in mind.

EDIT: Just did a test of the Nismo Z in the mostly-wet on intermediate tires. I was able to run 2:06 on 1 lap but 2:08 and 2:10 on my other 2 laps due to going off course both of those laps. Both times too much throttle coming off a slow corner. I guess I'm not exactly brilliant in the wet either. :lol: But the AI Takata Dome NSX was surprisingly quick too. He seemed to be averaging 2:10ish. I didn't check to see what tires he was running.

Last edited:
That's interesting. For starters you did 2:02 on RH dry when I did 2:08 on RS also dry. Also, I haven't tried in the Nissan but the Honda with Rain tyres did around 2:34 a wet lap, and the Nissan B-Spec with Wet a 2:43. Though that was B-Spec. ;)

I have many many laps at Suzuka. I know that track better than any other. My lap times are only a reference for how fast the car is. I also ran a few test laps (20) with the ARTA NSX and I was almost 2 seconds slower per lap. The Nismo Z is definately the fastest Super GT in stock form. Plus it's got very predictable handling. It's got just a bit more push than I like. If I was going to run this race with the Nismo I'd soften the front slightly and give it a bit more front aero.

I'm not positive but it seems the Nismo Z only shows up in the race if you use it. I did 4 test runs with the NSX and it was never there. 2 test runs in the Nismo Z and it was there both times.

suzukaao7.gif

Circuit: Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka, Japan
Track Length: 3.61 miles or 5.81km
Longest Straight: 0.75 miles
Elevation Difference: 131.2ft
Event Race: 172 Laps
Total Distance: 620.65 miles or 1000km

Starting Grid:
01. V. Fox - YellowHat YMS Supra '05
02. L. Fischer - DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430 '08
03. S. Faerber - XANAVI NISMO GT-R '08
04. S. Ruiz - YellowHat YMS Tomica GT-R '08
05. D. Melendez - RAYBRIG NSX '06
06. D. Kimura - BANDAI DIREZZA SC430 '06
07. Me - XANAVI NISMO Z '06
08. D.Rose - WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R '08
09. J.Faust - PETRONAS TOM's SC430 '08
10. C. Moulin - Calsonic IMPUL GT-R '08
11. A. Iida - ARTA NSX '06
12. J. Huang - TAKATA DOME NSX '06

Starting Weather: Dry
Setup: Umodified
Starting Tyres: Racing Soft
Power: 530BHP/5600rpm
Weight: 1100kg
BHP per tonne: 481.818BHP/tonne
Performance Points (PP): 616

Lap 1 - Up into 3rd by the first corner, and 1st by the end of the S Curves, now a simple lap time of 2:12 puts me in the lead and around 4 seconds ahead of 2nd.

Lap 2 - Still first, lap time of 2:07.

Laps 3 - 11 Not much, a mild spin after 130R put me into 2nd, but I clawed that back after Spoon. Lap times averaging 2:08. I've noticed also on the exit of 130R there are a lot of tyre marks, caused by me. :)

Lap 12 - Pitting in after tyres on the point of exploding for RS tyres and 20L of fuel. Am now last. :grumpy:

Lap 13 - Lap time of 2:50.

Lap 14 - Clawing my way up, 1:50 behind.

Laps 15 - 25 Now into 1st, but my tyres need changing. Going to pit next lap. Hopefully, because I'm around 30 seconds ahead, I should be okay (around 10th) after pitting. The guy now in 2nd pit after 23 Laps.

Lap 26 - DISASTER! After my tyres start causing "Tyre Steer" I enter the pits but hit the pit lane wall. This causes me to be sideways at 0mph. Quick thinking, I reverse into the pit lane. The game fixes me and puts me in the pits the correct way around and at 49mph/80kph. However, something seems odd which turns quickly into a nightmare as instead of pitting, I simply am driven through at a constant 80KPH! :scared: Lap Time of 2:50 as a result, and I'm now around 3rd with broken tyres and am forced to pit in ASAP but drifting at 50mph is no fun as I fight for control.

Lap 27 - From bad to worse, tyres cause a terrible lap of 3:50 with a pit stop. I'm now last but with nearly full fuel and fresh tyres but I'm 2:00 behind. At this point morale is once again low. :(

Laps 28-33 Still nothing in sight, but a fastest lap of 2:05 brings back some hope. I'm now driving as fast as I can averaging 2:06, and I pass up into 10th.

Lap 34 - A spin at Spoon corner causes me to go into 12th, and I am now 2:00 behind 1st yet again. :grumpy:

Lap 35 - After a lap time of 2:10, somehow I look behind and I see 1st on my tail. A quick update tells me he is 2:08 ahead, how he gained 10s a lap is beyond me, when he is on half-worn tyres.

Lap 36 - He laps me. I now am on the point of retiring, but I continue anyway. I'm last and the top 3 have now lapped me.

Lap 37 - I give up. Seems I am swarmed with two hits of bad luck for this race. :(

Sorry all, I forgot to record the final grid placing. I do know that this was around 1h20m into the race.

Last edited:
It happened the same to me. I couldn't win this race using Super GT cars, so I tried with Corvette Z06 RM (I'm a terrible player) . Ended 1st. Best lap time: 1:59:655. Total time: 6:07:15:149.

Well I just won the race using the XANAVI NISMO Z '06, after a frankly hellish and insanely stressful race, lasting 6h23m I won by only ~35 seconds. Anyway glad it's over, sorry I can't do a full race report as I forgot to record the AI, but my fastest lap time was 2:02.211 on Lap 16, and I used RS Tyres all the way even in the rain (Rain Tyres only work in heavy rain but are slower slightly than RS). Strange. Top 3 were

1. Me in the NISMO
2. ARTA NSX
3. TAKATA NSX

Well I just won the race using the XANAVI NISMO Z '06, after a frankly hellish and insanely stressful race, lasting 6h23m I won by only ~35 seconds. Anyway glad it's over, sorry I can't do a full race report as I forgot to record the AI, but my fastest lap time was 2:02.211 on Lap 16, and I used RS Tyres all the way even in the rain (Rain Tyres only work in heavy rain but are slower slightly than RS). Strange. Top 3 were

1. Me in the NISMO
2. ARTA NSX
3. TAKATA NSX

Gratz! :dopey:👍

Don't think I could even look at that race let along attempt it had I had a scenario similar to yours! My B-spec Bob's are doing it at the moment for me with 10 laps left in 1st! Obviously in the X2010, I don't trust them despite feeling proud whenever they finish one!

Did it rain for most of the race for you as you set your time on lap 16 because you'd think you would be faster at the end with 170 more laps of experience :lol:.

Gratz! :dopey:👍

Don't think I could even look at that race let along attempt it had I had a scenario similar to yours! My B-spec Bob's are doing it at the moment for me with 10 laps left in 1st! Obviously in the X2010, I don't trust them despite feeling proud whenever they finish one!

Did it rain for most of the race for you as you set your time on lap 16 because you'd think you would be faster at the end with 170 more laps of experience :lol:.
It started to rain (drizzle) about 3 hours into the race, which didn't cause any spray and only maybe slowed me down by about 1 second per lap on RS Tyres. Then after about 4-4.5 it turned into light spray and by 5 Hours it was Heavy Rain. I tried Rain tyres at this point but I didn't like the overall feel of the car, and I was around 20 seconds a lap slower so I tried RS again (2 Pit Stops within 5 Laps put me into about 4th :(). Then I just stuck with that even though I was still 15s a lap slower in the wet. :(

I remember I was in a dilemma at one point at Lap 169 I had RS Tyres in heavy rain with 3.5 laps to go and only ~10L left of fuel, but since I was 55s ahead I pit for tyres and put in 14L (enough for the race but also the amount you can put in in the time it takes the tyres to be changed). After that I was 35s ahead with 3 Laps to go, but unfortunately I put on Rains accidentally instead of RS as Rains were the default choice.

Yes, a hellish race. I was 18s down with RS Tyres at Lap 166 and in 4th, praying they'd pit and they did on Lap 167 so I just flew past. :D

Yes, an insane race. I started at 2:30PM and finished at 1AM (GMT).

Oh and FYI, a 6:23 race is 383 minutes long, or 22,980 seconds long. For me to finish only 35 seconds ahead means my lead was only

(35/22980)*100 = 0.152%

of the overall race distance, or that in a 1:40 lap, I beat him by only 0.152 seconds. Pretty close then. :)

Last edited:
Back