1000km of Suzuka

• Thread starter Audiman90
  • 2 comments
ItsANuke11
ItsANuke11
Three times as long distance-wise than the Enduros at Laguna Seca and Grand Valley, this 1000km/620.xx mi race on the highly technical Suzuka Circuit should be interesting. This being my first attempt at this race (and at a race report :scared:), I have chosen to use my NSX GT500 Stealth, with minor ballast and power reduction down to 585PP (from 605). While it will not be a complete challenge, I am hoping we get some rain to throw into the mix to make a race of it.

I am currently writing this at work, and everything will be updated again when I get home and can read my notes instead of go off of memory.

Suzuka.gif

Stints
Stint 1: Lap 1 - 18 (~45 mins)

Lineup
To be updated when I write 2nd stint (Tonight EST)

First Stint
The race starts off with clear, blue skys. My NSX jumps from 7th to 4th as we dive into the first and second corner, and race up the hill to the S curve hot on 3rd. Into Dunlop, I overtake 3rd and get through Degner quick, preparing for the Hairpin. I set up the pass on 2nd through the 200R, and outbrake him into Spoon. A few 10ths off of 1st, we race into the 130R and brake into the Casio Triangle. I make the pass as we begin to accelerate towards the line, but he beats me by fractions to the line. Diving into the first curve again, I take hold of first and begin to drive off.

L2: -.5xx
L3: -.8xx
L4: -1.2xx
L5: -1.9xx
L6: -3.2xx
L7: -2.2xx
L8: -1.2xx
L9: -.8xx
L10: +.2xx​

Running a combo of RM/RH tires, the tires were wearing the same rate all around. Figuring the competition would be pitting a lap or two after I did, I pit coming to complete lap 10 for the same tires only. 3/4's of a tank of fuel remains, so I will begin refueling from the next stop onwards. The field was close behind me, so this early pit stop relegated me to the rear of the field, 32 seconds off the leader.

L11: +32.xxx (12th)
L12: +28.xxx
L13: +24.xxx

Now the field starts their pitting, and I am up to eighth. Guess they weren't as bad on tires as I was, feeling like maybe RH all around might be a way to stay competitive with them. Just trying to stay relevant in the race and keep the car clean, which I have been doing suprisingly well for thus far.

L14: +22.xxx (8th)
L15: +17.xxx (6th)
L16: +3.xxx (3rd)
L17: -3.xxx

Lap 17 the leader pits, and for the most part, we all return to our original spots before the round of pit stops. A quick look at my recent lap times, and I guess I forgot to keep a pace of around 2:10, hitting 2:07's and 2:08's and now my tires are shot, I pit while still in the lead on lap 18, and suspend it there for the night. It might just be me, but it looks like some grey clouds are advancing over the East section of the track, but the area around Spoon is still nice and blue. Hope we get some rain here soon!!!

Like I said before, this will be updated with my notes when I get home, and I will try to set down a bunch more laps tonight.

Due to my idiot roommate, this race will never see an end. I will be restarting the race later tonight with the HEP G37, as the NSX GT500 was always going to be way too much for me to keep the field competitive. I will keep this up until I update it after my first stint tonight (well this morning, but just barely :)

Latest Posts

Back