• Thread starter Alex.
  • 6 comments

Alex.

FEED ME PEOPLE
Premium
England
Northamptonshire
AlexGibbo27
Hey guys basically at xmas I got a HDTV and I'm not sure how to get my xbox sound working on it, I guess I may need a HDMI or something. I'm a bit of a novice for HD stuff. Anyway

The usual xbox cables
P3071606.jpg

Back of my tv (right side)
P3071618.jpg

Left side with hidden HDMI port
P3071619.jpg

I tried the suggest cable links from the xbox manual, but instead of red and white ports for sounds there is one orange one only.

Can anyone help?

If you have the option of using an HDMI, there is no reason not to.

The orange is, as it says, a coax output for if you are using a receiver for sound instead of the TV (but I personally still wouldn't use but that's a different story).

Two questions - 1) are there any other inputs on the TV and 2) are you using a receiver? If the answer is no to both, you might just have to use an HDMI.

Edit: A model number off of the TV might help, too.

Edit edit: After looking at Universal Media Corporation's site, I came across this. Looks like you can use a RCA (the red/white cable) to headphone adapter (option 2).

Last edited:
Thanks very much TB I'll go and give that a try, seeing what I have to use.

EDIT: No 3.5 converter cable means I'm going to have to go HDMI.

EDIT 2: I have a HDMI cable but my xbox doesnt have the HDMI port on the back below the AV like the newer ones :(

Last edited:
I have a HDMI cable but my xbox doesnt have the HDMI port on the back below the AV like the newer ones :(
What outputs does the Xbox have? Picture, maybe?

Why not just get a SCART adapter?
I'm assuming that since he has a console capable of outputting and a TV capable of displaying HD, he wants to us that, which SCART can't do.

The usual xbox outputs
360back1copy.jpg

compared to the elite and newer models
xbox360elitewild04qo7.jpg

I think I will have to buy the XBOX HDMI set.

Latest Posts

Back