1080i TV No Sound, Need HDMI?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alex.
  • 6 comments
  • 6,736 views

Alex.

FEED ME PEOPLE
Premium
Messages
8,835
England
Northamptonshire
Messages
AlexGibbo27
Hey guys basically at xmas I got a HDTV and I'm not sure how to get my xbox sound working on it, I guess I may need a HDMI or something. I'm a bit of a novice for HD stuff. Anyway

The usual xbox cables
P3071606.jpg


Back of my tv (right side)
P3071618.jpg


Left side with hidden HDMI port
P3071619.jpg


I tried the suggest cable links from the xbox manual, but instead of red and white ports for sounds there is one orange one only.

Can anyone help?
​
 
If you have the option of using an HDMI, there is no reason not to.

The orange is, as it says, a coax output for if you are using a receiver for sound instead of the TV (but I personally still wouldn't use but that's a different story).

Two questions - 1) are there any other inputs on the TV and 2) are you using a receiver? If the answer is no to both, you might just have to use an HDMI.

Edit: A model number off of the TV might help, too.

Edit edit: After looking at Universal Media Corporation's site, I came across this. Looks like you can use a RCA (the red/white cable) to headphone adapter (option 2).
 
Last edited:
Thanks very much TB I'll go and give that a try, seeing what I have to use.

EDIT: No 3.5 converter cable means I'm going to have to go HDMI.

EDIT 2: I have a HDMI cable but my xbox doesnt have the HDMI port on the back below the AV like the newer ones :(
 
Last edited:
Why not just get a SCART adapter?
Cinch-Scart-Adapter_164__hm-00034389_40.jpg
 
I have a HDMI cable but my xbox doesnt have the HDMI port on the back below the AV like the newer ones :(
What outputs does the Xbox have? Picture, maybe?

Why not just get a SCART adapter?
I'm assuming that since he has a console capable of outputting and a TV capable of displaying HD, he wants to us that, which SCART can't do.
 
The usual xbox outputs
360back1copy.jpg

compared to the elite and newer models
xbox360elitewild04qo7.jpg



I think I will have to buy the XBOX HDMI set.
 
Back