120 Laps to tell me I cant drive !!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter TrevElvis
  • 22 comments
  • 2,406 views
Messages
128
I have completed all A spec races apart from one, the FGT championship. Why they made this into a 120 lap series is beyond me. I give up after 1st race which the best I could manage is 5th. Why make it so long YES 20 laps, or YES a series but both together is just too much when its so close a race :crazy:
 
I have completed every other race (up to indy 500) apart from the FGT championship. Its not the distance to be covered, I just find it so difficult racing against such evenly matched cars/drivers for such a long time. I will do it when I am a bit better driver, and I will enjoy the racing. At the moment there is so much more that I want to do. The FGT can wait a little while!
 
What about the endurance races, have you done them yet??

They're alot longer...
 
Do GT4's FGT Series in A-Spec, then try complaining.
 
I have completed every other race (up to indy 500) apart from the FGT championship. Its not the distance to be covered, I just find it so difficult racing against such evenly matched cars/drivers for such a long time. I will do it when I am a bit better driver, and I will enjoy the racing. At the moment there is so much more that I want to do. The FGT can wait a little while!

IIRC GT4's was much easier. I don't remember having any problems with it.
 
Do GT4's FGT Series in A-Spec, then try complaining.

I was just about to say, haha. In GT4 there is 15 races (not 6) in the same tournament and I think the shortest one must be at least 60 laps, can't quite remember but the length in GT5 is nothing in comparison.

So yes, do it in GT4 then complain as ^^ said. :D
 
I was dreading doing the FGT championship because of everyting I read on this forum, but I ended up actually enjoying myself. Of course, I made sure to do many practice laps with the FGT to make sure I got used to the handling.

And like LancerEvo said, this is nothing compared to GT4's series.


Parker
 
The Monza one and Indy one is easy to get gold, rest you try hard to place at a good position.
 
Whats even worse is the prize car once you have gotten though this championship. Boardline kick in the face.
 
I softened up the back end of mine a LOT and it helped a ton. I took gold on all with TC at 3 and abs at 1. Just don't trail brake :)
 
I softened up the back end of mine a LOT and it helped a ton. I took gold on all with TC at 3 and abs at 1. Just don't trail brake :)


Yes the FGT is very loose off throttle, but if you keep just a little throttle the rear will stay in line.
 
Yes but I can use a car to give me a better chance of winning with


Here's an idea - take the FGT car and run some enduros with it. It will give you GREAT practice at getting a feel for the car. I hear ya on the FGT championship, though - I haven't done it yet, just because I'm not ready to run THAT car against THOSE cars in THOSE races, just yet. I'm practicing and warming up for it. I'll get there, in my own sweet time.

I *really* wish there was a save feature within some of these series, and in the endurance races, so I didn't have to block out such a huge chunk of time before starting them.
 
I had to do it with skid recovery force, won all fairly easily except monaco. 2nd
 
The Monza one and Indy one is easy to get gold, rest you try hard to place at a good position.

Suzuka is also easy if there is rain and you are half-decent.
 
I was just about to say, haha. In GT4 there is 15 races (not 6) in the same tournament and I think the shortest one must be at least 60 laps, can't quite remember but the length in GT5 is nothing in comparison.

So yes, do it in GT4 then complain as ^^ said. :D
They were all 300km in GT4, just like in F1. 4500km series, or 1038 laps if you want to think of it that way. GT3s FGT was a very short 363 laps, with no Bspec possibilty. GT5s FGT is nothing in comparison.
 
They were all 300km in GT4, just like in F1. 4500km series, or 1038 laps if you want to think of it that way. GT3s FGT was a very short 363 laps, with no Bspec possibilty. GT5s FGT is nothing in comparison.

Only difference between the 3 is that you could save in between races in GT3 and GT4 and you can't do so in GT5. Either way, none of the races are too difficult if you find your proper setup for the FGT and don't be afraid to look at GT4 for one since that's what I used for it.

The hardest of the 6 is definitely Cote D'Azur while none of the others are too difficult to win at, especially if it rains because you gain a huge advantage due to their rain-adverse stupidity. Nurburgring is also pretty easy due to the AI's complete incompetence of tackling a simple chicane (and then two of them DNF'ing in a race:eek:)
 
Only difference between the 3 is that you could save in between races in GT3 and GT4 and you can't do so in GT5. Either way, none of the races are too difficult if you find your proper setup for the FGT and don't be afraid to look at GT4 for one since that's what I used for it.
Yes, that is true. But you still can't do anything else while you are in the series. You'd still want to do the ones in GT3 and GT4 as quickly as you can as well.
The hardest of the 6 is definitely Cote D'Azur while none of the others are too difficult to win at, especially if it rains because you gain a huge advantage due to their rain-adverse stupidity. Nurburgring is also pretty easy due to the AI's complete incompetence of tackling a simple chicane (and then two of them DNF'ing in a race:eek:)
I found Cote D'Azur pretty easy.

Nurburgring would have been by far the most difficult if it wasn't for that last chicane. Every lap I would gain up to a second in the first sector and the AI would claw back that advantage in sectors 2 and 3. But then they would waste their hard work in the last sector so I was able to build a huge gap.
 
I did Monza then Suzuka and then the Championship up to Suzuka without stopping:) I won every race and I didn't need to do Suzuka again. Best advice-do a championship with F1 2010 at half length on hard. It's all about throttle control, precision and concentration.
I had fun doing the formula GT championship.
 
I won the first 5 races, and skipped the last one:sly:
 
I wish all the championships/races were all like FGT then the game would be fun instead of throwing in a car far superior to the AI and not needing any skill or knowledge of a track as if you crashed you have a huge lead to just gently get going again . In FGT a few mistakes can cost loss of championship points . I think PD made the game tight and no saves so you can't keep reloading until you win. If all were like this you would not have people saying where is best to grind !! They would be getting the xp from trying to win ! Real driving sim my "left foot" it gives players a false sense of achievement i take no pride in Gold if it is too easy it is just a tick in a "box" i would rather loose everytime to decent AI and have to up my skill than this farce !. I wish i could choose my opponants from my garage use my tuned cars and have a better competative edge to the race. Instead of needing flood lights for the AI to find their way around the track before it closes for the day ! Or at least have an option as to level/skill of opponant in the race so those who wish a tight race could have one !
 
I wish there was a save feature. I have a hard time once I get about 8 laps into the race I start to get nervous and make a mistake. Then I loose my lead. There is definitely rubber banding in this race.
 
Back