1408 movie

  • Thread starter Thread starter CAMAROBOY69
  • 7 comments
  • 798 views

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
Messages
18,565
United States
Michigan
Messages
CAMAROBOY69
I didnt see a thread for this movie and now I see why. I didn't care much for 1408 at all. 👎
 
Well Im going to see this in the next few days. Is it good or bad? Ive seen a review which gave it 'round 4/5, but from what others say it isnt too good. Is it worth watching?
 
I liked it a lot. Definitely worth checking out. I don't want to say much more if you haven't seen it.
 
Too late, ive already seen the extra-long trailer on TV :(
 
I thought it sucked. But I think this was because I was expecting a totally different style of movie. I also expect a lot more from John Cusack & Sam Jackson than what I saw in the film.

Before seeing this movie, I loved the plot, loved the previews. Obviously, loved the cast, too. And I went to the theater expecting a scary horror movie.

Instead, it was more drama-like. I think there were 1, or 2 cheap jumpy scary scenes in there, but it's more suspense than horror. I think I was mislead on what this film was really like.

I didn't like it, but I will give it another shot. This time around, I know what to expect, and I think it will help me enjoy the film for what it really is, this time around.
 
I just saw it. It was OK, maybe 7/10 from me. The story was a bit hard to understand, so I had to read the wikipedia article to get it.
 
Considering it's based on a 30-page short story that Stephen King probably banged out on his laptop while he was in the bathroom one night, I wouldn't expect much from it. I kind of can't believe they made it into a whole feature film.
 
Considering it's based on a 30-page short story that Stephen King probably banged out on his laptop while he was in the bathroom one night, I wouldn't expect much from it. I kind of can't believe they made it into a whole feature film.


They fleshed it out so it doesn't feel like a short story - I read it after I saw it, and they're pretty different.

I still say go check it out.
 
Back