15 lap race, no DRSPS4 

• Thread starter slthree
  • 7 comments
United States
Fact Central Florida
slthree
Just completed the 1st race of the season and didn't use DRS once. The race was in Australia and it was set to 25%, so it was only 15 laps. It also rained.

In practice sessions, I used DRS like crazy, on every single lap. Did I do something wrong that it wasn't available during the race?

You have to be within 1 second of the car in front of you. And it has to be dry. DRS is disabled in the wet.

You have to be within 1 second of the car in front of you. And it has to be dry. DRS is disabled in the wet.
Thank you for the quick reply. I love learning about F1. I was most certainly NOT within a second.

4 or 5 maybe, but never closer, sadly.

It's so odd that I watched nearly every F1 race last season and didn't know it was disabled in the wet.

Appreciate the education! Thanks

You're welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying F1!

I forgot to mention, even in the dry, at the start of the race the DRS is deactivated for the first 3 laps.
I do not know how code masters handled that for shortened races in the game.

You're welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying F1!

I forgot to mention, even in the dry, at the start of the race the DRS is deactivated for the first 3 laps.
I do not know how code masters handled that for shortened races in the game.
It is still deactivated the first 3 laps, I think even in 5 lap races.

Thank you for the quick reply. I love learning about F1. I was most certainly NOT within a second.

4 or 5 maybe, but never closer, sadly.

It's so odd that I watched nearly every F1 race last season and didn't know it was disabled in the wet.

Appreciate the education! Thanks
We didn't have a wet race last season iirc. That will be why. :P

Yeh it's disabled first 2 laps and misses the start finish zone if you the drs zone is there.

There is a detection point somewhere before the zone, that is where you have to be within 1 second. Then you have to get to the zone to activate it. It will beep to indicate you can use it but if you think you have it press the button anyway before you register the beep, every bit counts.

The free activation of the DRS during practice is for that, practice. Its really fun when you get a good run and the DRS at the same time. I'm about to completely my thrid season. I'm in 4th right now and hoping to grab 3rd in the championship. I have no idea how to tune for wet races. In brazil the practices where in complete warm dry weather. The race rained all the way through. I softed the springs up, gave it more roll but i could not hang on.

Back