155 DTM vs M3 GTR

  • Thread starter Thread starter PagodaTop
  • 21 comments
  • 2,030 views
Messages
332
Messages
the_dirty_ho
Sorry if it's been asked already, but I searched and couldn't find a thread on this.

I've got both the M3 GTR (990,010) and the 155 DTM (1,484,783) in the UCD at the minute, and just enough cash to buy either one or the other.

I was saving up for something else, but it looks like I can trade for what I want so I may as well blow the cash on one of these two little beauties.

Question is: which one?
 
155 is a 2.5 V6 twin turbo 4wd while the m3 is a 4l NA FR down to a matter of choice but the 155 is class 1 touring car while the m3 is gt2 so the 155 has more modifications to it in regards drivetrain and aero
 
155, trade's for a lot more.

Alternitively, if you have a memory stick, create a second user on your PS3 system, copy your save before buying either to them memory stick, then buy one of the cars, copy the bought car save to the second user, then reload the original save, and buy the other car.

Then, save the second bout car to the memory stick, delete your save off the PS3 and then onto the other user, copy this save to your original user, then load up the save, and gift the car to your newly created user.

Go back and copy your USB save to your PS3, then go load up your other new profile and send the car to your main profile.

Sounds long winded, but really, it's just 5 minutes. Haha,
 
I too had that decision to make and I would advise on the M3 as it is a very easy car to drive and will easily beat the Alfa's times on any course.

And just look at it :O :p
 
155, trade's for a lot more.

Alternitively, if you have a memory stick, create a second user on your PS3 system, copy your save before buying either to them memory stick, then buy one of the cars, copy the bought car save to the second user, then reload the original save, and buy the other car.

Then, save the second bout car to the memory stick, delete your save off the PS3 and then onto the other user, copy this save to your original user, then load up the save, and gift the car to your newly created user.

Go back and copy your USB save to your PS3, then go load up your other new profile and send the car to your main profile.

Sounds long winded, but really, it's just 5 minutes. Haha,

Hmmm . . . I have technofear, that sounds like I would break the internet if I tried that.

I only generally trade cars I have twice, so it's unlikely that I'm going to earn enough money to by another one of these for quite some time.

I just want the better car really (although I have always liked the look of the Alfa)
 
I have both, haven't driven either though, but my money would be on the Alfa, it looks beastly too.
 
Hmmm . . . I have technofear, that sounds like I would break the internet if I tried that.

I only generally trade cars I have twice, so it's unlikely that I'm going to earn enough money to by another one of these for quite some time.

I just want the better car really (although I have always liked the look of the Alfa)

If you want the better car go for the M3
 
Both cars are pretty rare, but it's got to be the ALFA 155.

There aren't many 4wd racing cars in the game (especially compared to the huge amount of rwd race cars) and these cars are very good B spec cars.

The Alfa just looks so much better and is fairly unique, plus it has a good trade value too. Buy the Alfa now, and in the future at some point, get the M3 gtr race car aswell. I got both and they're both worth getting as they are alot rarer than the other DTM cars.
 
Mmmm . . . decisions decisions.

My head's telling me the Beemer - it's cheaper, it's a Level 16 car and it sounds like it's the better car.

However, it's now at the bottom of the UCD, and when I went to buy it I found myself really umming and ahhing and looking for reasons not to buy.

Heart says Alfa.

(Is it a bit of a girly reason buying a car that might not be as good just because you prefer the look of it?)
 
Mmmm . . . decisions decisions.

My head's telling me the Beemer - it's cheaper, it's a Level 16 car and it sounds like it's the better car.

However, it's now at the bottom of the UCD, and when I went to buy it I found myself really umming and ahhing and looking for reasons not to buy.

Heart says Alfa.

(Is it a bit of a girly reason buying a car that might not be as good just because you prefer the look of it?)

Pretty sure that's why people buy a lot of cars if honest in real life. Haha.
 
Pretty sure that's why people buy a lot of cars if honest in real life. Haha.

Yes, how a car looks can have a big affect on someone's decision as to whether they wish to drive it or been seen driving it.

BMW might be a better and slightly faster car, but it's a different CLASS of car, Alfa is DTM, BMW isn't.

As everyone says, you haven't lived until you own an Alfa.

Alfa is cool, BMW is er...um...er..well a BMW!!
 
(Is it a bit of a girly reason buying a car that might not be as good just because you prefer the look of it?)

No, why? People are as much emotional beings as they are rational beings. If the Alfa gives you warm fuzzy feelings that would be a good enough reason for buying it, since both cars are great driving machines anyway.

:sly:
 
I would say the BMW is the better of the two by a little, tied with the TT-R for best DTM car in GT5 in my opinion. Both are great cars, so it all comes down to driver preference, whether you like RWD or AWD.
 
I used the Beemer, somewhat modded, and slayed both A Spec and B Spec....
 
No, why? People are as much emotional beings as they are rational beings. If the Alfa gives you warm fuzzy feelings that would be a good enough reason for buying it, since both cars are great driving machines anyway.

:sly:

Ask my parents, they had the choice of buying an ALFA 156 sportswagon or the BMW 328 Sportswagon (In Denmark :crazy:) But they ended up with the ALFA and 15.000 km later, just outside Rostock on our way home, crankshaft snapped...

Germans are so nice that they gave us a BMW 330i as a courtesy vehicle
 
The alfa 155 v6 is an absolute beast on the track, it goes up to 11000rpm and it handles better than any other DTM car. (i have them all)
 
Heh, boy am I glad I plumped for the Alfa today!
 
If I remember correctly, the 155 was the last winner of a DTM race held at the Nordschleife in 1993...
 
Buy the Alfa, I regret not buying it when I first saw it in the UCD. I'm still on the hunt for it.
 
Last edited:
No, why? People are as much emotional beings as they are rational beings. If the Alfa gives you warm fuzzy feelings that would be a good enough reason for buying it, since both cars are great driving machines anyway.

:sly:

Anyways, if you buy the Alfa, you'll be a true petrol-head.:cool:
 
And just look at it :O :p

You mean the Alfa? Alfas much nicer IMO

(Is it a bit of a girly reason buying a car that might not be as good just because you prefer the look of it?)

NO! I'll buy a car that looks better (and atleast is built better) than a car that is much faster for the same price any day. I own a mini cooper S, which for the money, you can buy a much faster car. I could care less, the mini is so much better looking than anything for the money IMO. I dont drive around a race track in real life, so who cares. Although if I did, the mini would dominate in the handling department.

and I find it odd that the Alfa apparently handles better when 1. The 8C is the worst handling car in the game, and 2: The Brera hatchback understeers like a fat pig. Beautiful cars but damn do they drive like ****.
 
Last edited:
Back