15th Anniversary Ed. for North Americans (with non-North American Codes)

• Thread starter cenko43
  • 5 comments
Turkey
Turkey
cenko
Hello all,

Long long time reader but going to post for the first time and its a long one so bare with me.

Just thought i'd share this tidbit of information since this website provides me with loads of information for years now...

There was a time where the 15th anniversary edition was not available in North America, or at least in Canada (and still isn't) with the Metal Casing and APEX book included. I, like many others ended up ordering from outside of North America so we can have a hand at the special goodies that other regions ended up getting. I ended up ordering mine from Australia from MightyApe. They said the APEX book would be included but it wasn't, but at least I got the metal casing and some GT6 T-Shirt... i'll get the APEX book off eBay one of these days.

Long story short it came with 3 different voucher codes, the 15h anniversary code, the Precision DLC code and a Torque DLC code. But, because my PSN was registered in Canada I couldn't redeem the codes... this took about 2-3 days to figure out with some contact with Playstation directly. Needless to say I was pretty pissed at this because I figure Polyphony shouldn't care if I bought the game from another region since, in the end of the day, i'm still giving them money.

For those who did what I did, this is how to redeem the codes that are region specific for GT6. Please note that the only sample I have to go off of is my own experience so if it doesn't work for you I apologize, but I don't think you'll have anything to lose.

Here is the process:

1). Create a new PS3 account with a UK address. Just use any address really, look up a random company that has an address in London and it should be suffice. You'll obviously need to create a new email, which is nice and easy with Gmail.

2). Start up Gran Turismo in your newly created account. After you enter your name you can skip the first time lap they make you do.

3). Go to the store and redeem all your codes.

4). Once that process is complete go to your garage and make sure everything is there.

5). Quit GT6

6). Log-in back into your usual account on the PS3.

7). Open up GT6 and as the game loads you should see pop-ups come up saying you have gifts, and it will list off all the cars you just redeemed with your other PS3 account.

8). You'll notice once you get into your garage that all those new cars won't have thumbnails beside them, just press select and select all the cars and select the update image option on the right pane.

I hope that helps for those who had the same dilemma. I didn't see a thread like this before and I hope I didn't duplicate anyone's finding.

-Cenko

What if it is the other way around? My game disc is a US copy for some reason (amazon), but my account and all DLC is EU. I bought some codes, and they work, except that the cars don't show up in the game.

I have the US disc and bought a 5 car pack off of ebay uk. I created a new account with with a uk address and redeemed the cars. For whatever reason with my US disc I cannot use the cars. They never load up into the game. I can re download the cars to the machine but they still do not show up in the game.

Guys... hes trustworthy. He said this was his first post. Clicked on his account, one post and it was this one. Trust levels up! Thanks for the info though @cenko43 . :D

I have the US disc and bought a 5 car pack off of ebay uk. I created a new account with with a uk address and redeemed the cars. For whatever reason with my US disc I cannot use the cars. They never load up into the game. I can re download the cars to the machine but they still do not show up in the game.
This is exactly my problem too.

Back