16 Car races in Arcade

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gran_Turismo
  • 8 comments
  • 1,390 views
Messages
250
United States
Desert
I don't know if there are others that know of this feature, but its always seemed that the set limit for A.I. opponents is 11 and NOT 15, so this is why I'm posting this.

I've been able to create 16 car races for over a week now, but only through certain condition requirements before entering a race.

I don't know what exactly triggers it, but you have to play around with settings (car and race conditions) before entering races.

I've been able to do this on 3 tracks, so far. (Custom Track (Mt. Aso), SS7, and Circuit de la Sarthe 09' (weather & time change). I was able to purposely trigger the 16 car races on the last track, just by a hunch guess of setting requirements)

4 extra cars may not be a big deal to some, but to me it adds more opponents to play around with.

Not sure if its always been this way or if PD is slowly introducing more A.I. opponents slowly through updates.

What do you guys think and are there others out there experiencing this?

Here is my video of it:



Don't need to watch the whole video to see that there are 4 extra cars added.
 
I don't know, but I've never had less than a full 16 car grid on Arcade Mode. Maybe it has something to with the difficulty I'm guessing? I only play on professional.

I'd love to have 16 cars on a track for every race (with the obvious exception being the beginner races). I don't understand why Simulation Mode only allows for up to 12. Even endurance races would benefit (even if a little bit) from the track being more alive.
 
So what if it's 16 cars... It could be 30 cars and it wouldn't make no difference to me because the AI is still slow.
 
ive had a 16 car kart race on the TG test track, lot of fun especially with slipstreaming, 5/6 wide before gambon
 
The 16 car thing was implemented in a patch. It's not unusual.
 
I wish they could include more then 16 cars for the larger tracks. Le Sarthe and Nurburgring. It would make the races more alive for those endurance races. I liked how GRID did the 24h Le Mans. I like how GRID was made period! The damage was amazing, different modes, although customization didn't give you a lot of freedom it is better then GT5's visual customization. But GT5 has the performance and handling customization almost down packed. Personally I would not mind if they lowered the game to 720p instead of 1080p to add more cars but to each is own.
 
Also, it may depend on difficulty level selected.
 
I'd like the ability to choose how many opponents you face in an arcade mode race. I almost miss having six cars on the track.
 
I wish they could include more then 16 cars for the larger tracks. Le Sarthe and Nurburgring. It would make the races more alive for those endurance races. I liked how GRID did the 24h Le Mans. I like how GRID was made period! The damage was amazing, different modes, although customization didn't give you a lot of freedom it is better then GT5's visual customization. But GT5 has the performance and handling customization almost down packed. Personally I would not mind if they lowered the game to 720p instead of 1080p to add more cars but to each is own.

Just so you know running this game on 720 P is harder on your ps3 and puts more load on the CPU and GPU in it due to 720P having 4x anti aliasing and 1080 only having 2 times AA, it was tested and 720 is harder on the system.

You cant even tell any difference between 720 and 1080 with the 4xAA though which is why they did that, so 720 still looks just as good.
 
Back