1886 Benz Patent Motorwagen Nürburgring lap time!

• Thread starter Volksauto
  • 13 comments
United States
United States
Stawookie
The first car ever vs the most challenging track in the world. This morning, since the automobile is going to be 131 years old, I took the old Benz for a test drive on the Nürburgring. I did the same thing with the 1886 Daimler in august. The Daimler is a little quicker than the Benz by 40 minutes. Anyways, I completed a lap with the Benz in 5 hours, 11 minutes, and 9 seconds.
img_3796-jpg.617702

1886 benz lap.jpg

Last edited:
I would do it, but I am pretty sure I would give up on a hour mark. I rather drive a 2CV around the ring.

I would do it, but I am pretty sure I would give up on a hour mark. I rather drive a 2CV around the ring.
I'd rather do the same in a Fiat 500, it should still take quite the time considering it has 20something HP :)

I think your perseverance deserves more attention, this is amazing. :lol: I remember not being able to get up the first gentle slope.

I tried this several times and couldn't even get it, myself, up that slight incline to the starting line. Tried several times and kept rolling back. Maybe I have to lay off the bacon for awhile.
Wonder how it was done. :confused: I have to try again. Have taken many low hp cars for a leisurely drive around the Ring - amazing what you see and experience when not flying around that track at the fastest speed possible.

Tacking. Drive in a zig-zag line across the incline rather than straight up it.

👍 👍

Thanks, Famine!
Must try that now and hope the wind doesn't get knocked out of my sails. I tried it so many times once I went red in the face with rage.

Trust someone at GTPlanet to find a way. ;)

Insane!
But wait.
I remember getting an error saying I couldn't use that car.
Yes I was in Arcade mode.

Thank god my slim Ps2 still powers on and runs GT4 perfectly so I can try to use it in the campaign mode.

No way I'm going to try a full lap.
Tell Holl about it!:sly:

Insane!
But wait.
I remember getting an error saying I couldn't use that car.
Yes I was in Arcade mode.

Thank god my slim Ps2 still powers on and runs GT4 perfectly so I can try to use it in the campaign mode.

No way I'm going to try a full lap.
Tell Holl about it!:sly:
You can use it in arcade mode but only in a time trail.
However, there is a glitch to where you can use it in races and split screen along with other "special cars".
This is a video of what the glitch is and how to do it. They used to to access special color cars in arcade mode but you can also use to access special cars like the 1886 Benz, Daimler, Model T, Tank Car, etc.

One thing I always wanted to achieve but never made it. A full lap around the Nordschleife with one of the 1886 cars in GT4.
I tried it a view times but never made it further than Flugplatz. Now with some free time because of Corona I went for another attempt.
It took me a while to find to perfect technique for the uphill parts but finally I made it. :D

4:56'21,338 with the 4-Wheels Motor Carriage. :cheers:

One thing I always wanted to achieve but never made it. A full lap around the Nordschleife with one of the 1886 cars in GT4.
I tried it a view times but never made it further than Flugplatz. Now with some free time because of Corona I went for another attempt.
It took me a while to find to perfect technique for the uphill parts but finally I made it. :D

4:56'21,338 with the 4-Wheels Motor Carriage. :cheers:

Sweet! A full 14 minutes quicker! Those are the same exact techniques I used. I wonder if the difference in performance between the two cars affected our lap times at all. I never bothered improving my lap with the Benz because well... five hours isn’t exactly a quick lap to try to beat over and over :lol:.
But now that I’ve seen somebody else try it, I almost want to beat your lap time with either the Benz or the Daimler.

This would be a hilarious Sport Mode Time Trail in GT Sport.

I guess this is a new World Record for the Motorwagen: 4:13.24,005. :dunce: :D
This was on my bucket list so long and almost 3 years after my lap with the Motor Carriage it was time to take the worlds first car for a ride.

Latest Posts

Back