1988 Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car

  • Thread starter Thread starter Young King
  • 16 comments
  • 1,246 views
Messages
43
United States
New York
Messages
HERoiKs
What's your opinion on this car? (I'm talking about the one in the DLC Pack) I haven't purchased this DLC pack but I want to use this car in my last A-Spec race which is 24 hours @ the Nurb. Does it handle well? I'm sure it's fast, so I was just wondering if it's a comfortable ride.

Thanks for your help! 👍
 
All round brilliant 👍
 
Very well planted. Easy to drive.
 
Like the standard
 
Really good car ,i bought the DLC pack 2 days ago .
 
how does the standard and Premium compare... to drive... carbon fibre copy?
 
Last edited:
Ryk
how does the standard and Premium compare... to drive... cabron fibre copy?


Could be me but I felt the premium was better, But that could have possibly been the feel good factor of driving it. Or maybe I set them up differently.
 
It's a darn awesome car to drive, especially in cockpit view, the sheer noise of it makes it one of the very few cars in the game that slightly scare me when driving. I get a genuine feel of speed when using this car.
 
All the 80's lm cars are beasts, but the xjr9 is a standout car, incredible to drive.
 
Bad compared to the other Group C cars. Performance-wise..
 
Taken from my DLC review.

PD finally starts its Standard to Premium conversion, and in style with by far and away what is the best car in the whole pack. 900bhp+ helps this be the most powerful sub Red Bull Premium yet, and you can see it - it's bloody fast! It hits 200mph with next to no effort whatsoever, and even there on the RH tyres the steering is so brilliant. I also love how damn simple the onboard is - just the RPM gauge, which conveniently doesn't go below 3000, and nothing else. Yes, the sound is sourced from the horrifying 330P4 vacuum, continuing a trend for bad sounding Jag race cars (XJ13 is even worse)...but at this speed, I could not give a damn. And besides which, it's higher pitched, so it's not even as bad. Best in Pack by far, and one that is not for the faint of heart.
 
Like everyone said, it's a great car...
One advise, buy the DLC pack :D
Greets!
 
Wow, I've never been so excited to drive a car before! :D I'm 10 hours into the 24h race at La Sarthe so I've still got a decent amount of time till I finish. Oh well! Looking forward to the Nurb.
 
Back