1993 - 2000 - 2008 jgtc

  • Thread starter Thread starter drivehard
  • 5 comments
  • 788 views
Messages
534
Messages
thirty2try
With the JGTC cars we have the roughly the same hp, torque, weight, etc. Sometimes you'll notice a difference from the 93' to the 08'. My question: Does the differences between the years warrant buying each model? I can't bring myselft to buy each model because I can't imagine much of a difference. Am I right or wrong?
 
Well, All I can think of is the amount of technology that was present during that time of the car's final creation. If not, then there's no actual major difference.

EDIT: Go to Wikipedia and look up JGTC. You're bound to find something.
 
Well, All I can think of is the amount of technology that was present during that time of the car's final creation. If not, then there's no actual major difference.

EDIT: Go to Wikipedia and look up JGTC. You're bound to find something.

I mean in game. In the simulator. Can anybody with experience in driving these cars tell me if they notice a big enough difference that warrants spending a million credits?

Thanks in advance.
 
I mean in game. In the simulator. Can anybody with experience in driving these cars tell me if they notice a big enough difference that warrants spending a million credits?

Thanks in advance.

I did drive these cars. And they still have no major differences from past to present/recent models other than engine and exhaust notes. However, they're worth collecting IMO.
 
Well the trend in the last few years of the SuperGT championship is for manufacturers to switch to naturally aspirated V8 engines instead of running the turbo 4's or 6s like they have in the past. V8s can be made to produce 500HP relatively easy without forced induction which makes the engines more fuel efficient (in a way) and less stressed, which in theory translates to a more reliable car.

As a side effect the V8s are a little more compact which afford better weight distribution then a tall and long Inline 6 setup.

In short the cars have gotten faster not through turbo power, but through chassis and aerodynamic refinement.
 
If it helps, running a older oddball jgtc car in an online match listed for super gt i think is pretty cool. Ive seen alot of people use the new stuff, so i like to mix it up. I been running my 03 xanavi r34 sometimes. Havent really come accross any older jgtc cars besides a 99 penzoil r34 that i bought as well.
 
Back