1999 - 2001 Mercedes Benz SL73 AMG! Pagani Zonda equivalent

• Thread starter pimp racer
  • 9 comments
WOW This thing is just AMAZING!! equivalent to a Pagani Zonda. Here just look at the pictures of the engine and specs.

General specifications
Country of origin Germany
Years of production 1999 - 2001
Numbers built N/A
Body design N/A
Weight 2050 kilo / 4519.5 lbs
Drivetrain
Engine M120 E73 60º V 12
Engine Location Front , longitudinally mounted
Displacement 7.291 liter / 444.9 cu in
Valvetrain 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC
Fuel feed Bosch Fuel injection
Aspiration Naturally Aspirated
Gearbox 5 speed Automatic
Drive Rear wheel drive
Performance figures
Power 525 bhp / 392 KW @ 5000 rpm
Torque 750 Nm / 553 ft lbs @ 4000 rpm
BHP/Liter 72 bhp / liter
Power to weight ratio 0.26 bhp / kg
Top Speed 250 km/h / 155 mph (limited)
0-60 mph Acceleration 4.7 s

PICTURES - http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=1145

1145-4.jpg

Or, you could take a look at the new SL 65 AMG. Twin Turbo V12, 605hp and 735ft/lbs of torque. Makes that old 7.3 look not so hot these days.

Hilg

sl65.jpg

sl653.jpg

sl6511.jpg

:lol: I know about that but My point is this car is pretty amazing for how old it is. Oh and the SL73 is heavy as hell. Plus what if someone doesnt like the SL65 AMG? What if they like old school? Or kinda more a a sleeper look?

yeah its fast, but it couldnt compete witha Zonda. the Zonda has 30 more horsepower and weighs about a 1000 less. also the Zonda isint limited to 155mph

How many different 7.3 litre versions are there of that engine?

Brabus
AMG
Carlsson, not 100% on that one.

Any more?

Steeda
yeah its fast, but it couldnt compete witha Zonda. the Zonda has 30 more horsepower and weighs about a 1000 less. also the Zonda isint limited to 155mph
I meant engine wise and I already said it was heavy. Oh well at least If you dont like the desigin of the SL65 AMG you can have an old school AMG with about the same engine.

pimp racer
.....My point is this car is pretty amazing for how old it is.
Wow, since when is 4 years ago considered old??? It just went out of production 4 years ago.
pimp racer
Oh and the SL73 is heavy as hell.
Its only 45lbs heavier than the SL65. Neither is exactly light by any means, but I wouldn't say that they are heavy considering what they have packed into them.
pimp racer
.....at least If you dont like the desigin of the SL65 AMG you can have an old school AMG with about the same engine.
Engines are similar in only one way, they are both V12. The SL73 is naturally aspirated, while the SL65 has twin turbos. The list goes on, but they share very little. And again, I'm amazed you think that a car this recent is "old school" now.

Hilg

JNasty4G63
Wow, since when is 4 years ago considered old??? It just went out of production 4 years ago.

Its only 45lbs heavier than the SL65. Neither is exactly light by any means, but I wouldn't say that they are heavy considering what they have packed into them.

Engines are similar in only one way, they are both V12. The SL73 is naturally aspirated, while the SL65 has twin turbos. The list goes on, but they share very little. And again, I'm amazed you think that a car this recent is "old school" now.

Hilg
Well what I meant to say was the design is old school not the car or engine or technology. Now if you wanna argue with me about design then I guess it all comes down to your own personal opinions. :D I guess you are right about the heavy part but dont you think they would have been a bit better if the SL65 or this SL73 would have been lighter? like I dunno say bout 3896 LBs? Oh and one question wouldnt the SL73 be quicker since its Naturally Aspirated?

pimp racer
Well what I meant to say was the design is old school not the car or engine or technology.
I guess, I don't follow you there??? You're saying that the design, a 2-seat convertible, is old school?? I guess I just dont get that. Those designs have been around for a LONG time, and are still being made now. Its not a new style car, but then, nothing is these days.
pimp racer
Now if you wanna argue with me about design then I guess it all comes down to your own personal opinions. :D
Nope, don't care. I like the design of EVERY Mercedes SL. The 300SL Gullwing is my absolute favorite car. I have nothing wrong with the design of ANY SL.
pimp racer
I guess you are right about the heavy part but dont you think they would have been a bit better if the SL65 or this SL73 would have been lighter? like I dunno say bout 3896 LBs?
Well, sure. Any car is better when it weighs less. But, cars like this aren't about absolute performance. The SL has always been sold as their big luxury tourer. Of course lighter weight would be great. But, the people that buy them like all the stuff they have. And, all that stuff has a price to pay when it comes to weight.
pimp racer
Oh and one question wouldnt the SL73 be quicker since its Naturally Aspirated?
The engine style doesn't have hardly any bearing on which would be faster. Since we've concluded that they both weigh basically the same, the one with more power and torque will be the quicker and faster car. And, with 100hp and 180ft/lbs more underhood, the SL65 is surely the quicker and faster car. Faster if you have them de-limited that is, since both will easily hit the 155mph limit. Neither is slow, by any means, but the SL65 just has much more power and torque underhood.

Hilg

JNasty4G63
I guess, I don't follow you there??? You're saying that the design, a 2-seat convertible, is old school?? I guess I just dont get that. Those designs have been around for a LONG time, and are still being made now. Its not a new style car, but then, nothing is these days.

Nope, don't care. I like the design of EVERY Mercedes SL. The 300SL Gullwing is my absolute favorite car. I have nothing wrong with the design of ANY SL.

Well, sure. Any car is better when it weighs less. But, cars like this aren't about absolute performance. The SL has always been sold as their big luxury tourer. Of course lighter weight would be great. But, the people that buy them like all the stuff they have. And, all that stuff has a price to pay when it comes to weight.

The engine style doesn't have hardly any bearing on which would be faster. Since we've concluded that they both weigh basically the same, the one with more power and torque will be the quicker and faster car. And, with 100hp and 180ft/lbs more underhood, the SL65 is surely the quicker and faster car. Faster if you have them de-limited that is, since both will easily hit the 155mph limit. Neither is slow, by any means, but the SL65 just has much more power and torque underhood.

Hilg

:lol: I meant "style" then dang it. :lol:

Yeah I like every SL also. :D

ANd the SL65 is a bit more technologically advanded if you know what I mean.

Back