can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmcheader_021.png

This week's theme in detail, brought to you by double-winner Nato:

"The unvieling, the final product revealed - this week as in the PMC comp I'm looking for cars that have multiple generations of the same model or at least direct 'family ties'. I would then like you focus on a car that is the latest in it's family line available in GT6.
You may photograph it on it's own or with an older generation but the main focus must that of the succesor.
Now there is a twist so please read carefully. This weeks 2.0 is directly linked to this weeks PMC theme. Whatever model of car you choose to use this week must be used for both themes.
Over in the PMC comp you will be using the earliest generation of the car you choose here in the theme titled GENESIS <-[link to PMC Comp] so choose wisely. ;)

For example if you choose the C7 Corvette here you must use the C1 Corvette in the PMC Competition."

CARS: The lastest model of any car that has multiple generations in GT6
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: As above and must use the same model in the PMC Competition

apmc_rules-png.87106

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no hybrid, hacked cars, or cars obtained through such means.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
    Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
    [COLOR="Red"]FINAL ENTRY[/COLOR]
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 20. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 10-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

apmc_editing-png.87107

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5, signatures excepted.
  • Tying into the above: signatures only, no image titles or other typographic elements.
  • Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
  • Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.

What you may do to a photo:
  • Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Remove or modify license plates - it must be hand-drawn, no importing real ones.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Add a personal signature.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.
apmc_deadline-png.87108

[20.00 GMT]

Man I should have my PS3 fixed to enter this, but I hope I get it fixed before all the good cars are taken!

Does one have to participate both the PMC and the 2.0 to be eligible? :confused:

"Now there is a twist so please read carefully. This weeks 2.0 is directly linked to this weeks PMC theme. Whatever model of car you choose to use this week must be used for both themes.
Over in the PMC comp you will be using the earliest generation of the car you choose here in the theme titled GENESIS <-[link to PMC Comp] so choose wisely." To answer your question, yes you have to.

FINAL ENTRY

"Revelation"

whoohoa! thats an epic picture.:bowdown: could as well be mustang add material.. 👍👍👍 GTP picture of the week?

had this idea of photoshopping the left (more light) side of the car as a standart model (not the gran turismo "standart" :crazy:) of a mustang and text to the upper right corner "Wellcome to the dark side.." :dopey: (too bad the snake is on the left side..)

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

"Revelation"

This looks like one of those no need to enter weeks because it' pretty clear what's going to win, but I'll still enter for the sake of the unedited comp. What a fantastic way to kill the fun Aiden, well done! :cheers:

It's a very cool picture but I'm not sure how it fit the regulations. :/

Is it allowed to "hide" the background with a solid color? How does the "Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars)" rule aplly to it?

I guess I've asked this same question in the past but I think I didn't got any answer.

@Nato_777 @SlipZtrEm

Is it allowed to "hide" the background with a solid color? How does the "Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars)" rule aplly to it?
This is a good point that I hadn't thought of.

I guess I've asked this same question in the past but I think I didn't got any answer.

@Nato_777 @SlipZtrEm

I think the effect is a spotlight rather than cut/remove as it fades to black..?

Last edited:
oh well..

FINAL ENTRY

GENESIS

by far this is not a perfect pair, as the new charger is following the design of the earlier 66' Charger, rather than the gorgeous 67'-69' model - a decision by mopar i have never undestood. I guess they needed a full size four door. :indiff: But since we dont have that first model in GT6..

Last edited:

@Nato_777 @SlipZtrEm
There's been a lot of questionable stuff going on lately. One of the main reasons I really prefer PMC weeks.

Not that I don't like editing when I can (read: actually have time), or like seeing other peoples works, it's just more of a level playing field and easier to police ;)

There's been a lot of questionable stuff going on lately. One of the main reasons I really prefer PMC weeks.

Not that I don't like editing when I can (read: actually have time), or like seeing other peoples works, it's just more of a level playing field and easier to police ;)
I think the line between what's a vignette and what's removing an object needs to be defined or examples need to be made of anything marginal for a while.

Last edited:
Great entries both here and in the PMC - loving all of them. 👍

As to the questions raised regarding some editing, SlipZ or I will answer those as soon as we've had to chance to compare notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back