20mainbanner.jpg

Week 6

20themebanner.jpg

Chosen by Week 4 winner, the BANzai

"JGTC Legends"

Cars: JGTC Class.
Tracks: only Japanese courses.
Photo Travel: Lemme think...no.
Explanation: In the words of theBANzai, the greatest Japanese machines and drivers competing against each other in legendary racing class. Capture the moment of Japanese glory!

20rulesbanner.jpg

(2.0 Rules by SlipZtrEm)

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT4, signatures excepted.
  • Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
  • Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.

What you may do to a photo:
  • Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Add a personal signature.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.

Others:
  • You may submit one entry. It must be your own work and not previously entered in a competition.
  • You may only change your entry once. When changing it, indicate clearly (please, when doing this, edit your post with your new entry, do not submit a new post with a new entry)
  • Please mark your Final Entry clearly in RED.
  • Your entry may not exceed the poll character limit. (5 characters are enough to name your image). If your entry exceeds it, the link to the full size image, will be removed.
  • We recommend you use a free image hosting service such as Imageshack, Photobucket or Flickr.
  • You must post your entry either as a thumbnail, or as a preview linked to the full image - see here for instructions .
  • Previews should be no larger than 400 pixels along the longest side - be it vertical or horizontal - and should not have more or less effects than the full size image.
  • Photos must be taken from a normal version of GT4, do not use any cheats or Game Shark codes to modify the game content.
  • Please do not ask other members to choose your entry. Have confidence in your own skills and go with your favorite shot.

20deadlinebanner.jpg

May 20th, 2013

Happy Photomoding and Editing everyone! :cheers:

Sorry 'bout it, Robert. :indiff: Rules are rules. I can't let a winner be a winner every week.

Speaking of which, I'm currently moving to a new house, and therefore, I'm packing up my PS2, PS3 and their respectful games. As a result, no entry for me this week. :guilty:

Omg, completely forgot about that! haha, forget about my photo. Let it be there as quality mark, yo! :lol:

I just posted the photo in hurry, as I was doing in every competition. Funny as hell! :lol:

That's good you moving to the house, Justin, but that's bad you can't post an entry this week. Every medal has its two sides, so... Hope the new house is amazing!

I'll have to run round Costa di Amalfi a few times to get a JGTC car first, I'll try and get an entry in tomorrow if I can

Last edited:
Sorry for the double-post, but that was the only way this thread would get attention. I'm not proud, but this is all I got time for:

Final Entry

c701d522-0d7a-438e-b7ad-7d03994ab178_zps95aeebab.jpg

Photobucket

So theoretically, with Robert out of it and Justin moving house, I WIN :D

That's really good photo! I like that vertical setup, it suits that corner very good!

Last edited:
The photo would look epic if you just had some motion blur on it from photoshop, while cars still being sharp and focused, and I would also make the rear wheel spin by radial bluring it ;)

Well having recently bought another laptop, I don't yet have Photoshop. At the moment I'm having to use limited tools on Photobucket...:guilty:

Sorry 'bout it, Robert. :indiff: Rules are rules. I can't let a winner be a winner every week.

Speaking of which, I'm currently moving to a new house, and therefore, I'm packing up my PS2, PS3 and their respectful games. As a result, no entry for me this week. :guilty:

But it works okay for the UEC, so shouldn't it be allowed here? We get 5 or less entries a week, and cutting down on that is just going to make it worse.

Fine. Let's make an exception.

Robert, your entry is accepted. :)

Back