2.3 Sports Car Championship Rounds 5 & 6 AND WE'RE BACK!!! THWACK!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danisfast
  • 29 comments
  • 1,614 views
Messages
397
Wales
Glamorgan
Messages
Danisfast
Welcome to the final two rounds of the regular season of...
THE TWO-POINT-THREE SPORTS CAR CHAMPIONSHIP!!

The final two rounds of the first ever 2.3 Sports Car Championship will be held at Test Course and Citi Di Aria. With things already so close, this will really be a fight to the finish!!!!!!!!!

NEW DATES!!! CHECK 'EM! I'll try my very best to keep it updated daily! If not then every second day!
WELCOME BACK RACERS!!

ROUND 5 - TEST COURSE
QUALIFYING: 10th SEPTEMBER - 15th SEPTEMBER
RACE: 10th SEPTEMBER - 15th SEPTEMBER
No. OF LAPS: 6


QUALIFYING RESULTS​
POLE POSITION: Car #7: Aston Martin DB9 -DB- racefan88501 (1'35''236)
2nd: Car #14: BMW M3 CSL -DB- racefan88501 (1'38''431)

3rd: Car #21: Mitsubishi GTO VR-4 Turbo '95 -DB- Danisfast (1'39''364)
4th: Car #5: BMW M5 -DB- Bigracer (1'40''796)

5th: Car #12: Toyota Supra RZ -DB- Danisfast (1'41''006)
6th: Car #999: Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car -DB- AngelCreator (1'50''724)

7th: Car #00: Suzuki GSX-R/4 -DB- AngelCreator (2'00''998)

RACE RESULTS

1st: Car #7: Aston Martin DB9 -DB- racefan88501 (9'32''668)
2nd: Car #14: BMW M3 CSL -DB- racefan88501 (9'50''892)
3rd: Car #5: BMW M5 -DB- Bigracer (10'07''337)
4th: Car #21: Mitsubishi GTO VR-4 Turbo '95 -DB- Danisfast (10'07''360)
5th: Car #12: Toyota Supra RZ -DB- Danisfast (10'16''522)
6th: Car #999: Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car -DB- AngelCreator (11'07''661)
7th: Car #00: Suzuki GSX-R/4 -DB- AngelCreator (12'11''023)​

ROUND 6 - CITI DI ARIA
QUALIFYING: 10th SEPTEMBER - 15th SEPTEMBER
RACE: 10th SEPTEMBER - 15th SEPTEMBER
No. OF LAPS: 10


QUALIFYING RESULTS

POLE POSITION: Car #999: Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car -DB- AngelCreator (1'22''722)
2nd: Car #21: Mitsubishi GTO VR-4 Turbo '95 -DB- Danisfast (1'23''012)

3rd: Car #00: Suzuki GSX-R/4 -DB- AngelCreator (1'24''246)
4th: Car #12: Toyota Supra RZ -DB- Danisfast (1'24''384)

5th: Car #5: BMW M5 -DB- Bigracer (1'24''447)

RACE RESULTS

1st: Car #999: Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car -DB- AngelCreator (14'02''079)
2nd: Car #21: Mitsubishi GTO VR-4 Turbo '95 -DB- Danisfast (14'11''864)
3rd: Car #12: Toyota Supra RZ -DB- Danisfast (14'13''857)
4th: Car #5: BMW M5 -DB- Bigracer (14'15''371)
5th: Car #00: Suzuki GSX-R/4 -DB- AngelCreator (14'26''122)​

Progression times can be posted here, but the times that you want to be counted MUST be PM'ed to me and I have included this into the race rules.

Best of luck to all who take part,
Danisfast
 
NOTE TO ALL!!!
ABSOLUTELY NO QUALIFYING IN RACE MEETING MODE IS ALLOWED!!!!
Just to let you know because in this race the difference it will make is huge. Please read the qualifying rules to make double sure you don't accidently break a rule!!
Thanks,
Danisfast
PS My god, is this Championship wide open or what!!!??? LOL ah, love it!!!
PPS If you wish to change one of your cars, competitors driving two cars may do so, but your new car specs must be submitted along with or before your qually submission in round 5...
 
Guess I'm first to respond. Cool.

Well, I already got my qualy and race time done. 1'33.8xx.. I say, if you got it, flaunt it. I average 247mph a lap in the SLR. Have yet to muck around to see what's m next-best 2.3 for these tracks.


Cheers,
Jetboy
 
I'm not going to do good this round, I hope Danisfast can make for my bad lap times:(.
 
Where the phuck is everyone???? Two rounds ago this series was buzzing.
OK, thanks to a serious lack of well, anything, I won't be able to verify your qually times. Simply put, I'm moving country, and it appears as though even my own co-host has abandoned me. A thorough kick in the bollocks I might add. I won't be able to access a computer for while yet, so post your times in this thread. I'll be able to log on soon, but my time on the PC will be very limited over the next week or so.
Thanks,
Danisfast
PS AngelCreator, you are eligable to change one of your cars if you wish...Now might be a good time to swap that Suzuki?? Or not??? Cause Citi Di Aria is next....anyway, good luck to everyone who does take part and I will try my very best to see this series through, and keep it updated as often as possible.
 
I was think about changing out my Suzuki but the next track I think my car will
kick some bute:trouble:, because my car is so small it will work great:D.
And what Danisfast said, where is everone?
 
me on olidays so not much goings on from sunny france here - no pc and ps2 and just occasional mail from an 'otel. submitted all rounds early tho.
talk to you all next week.
 
Where is everone:(, PLEASE COME BACK I BEG YOU:bowdown:.
 
Where is everone:(, PLEASE COME BACK I BEG YOU:bowdown:.
This whole thing went defunct. I hate to say it, but it's fallen through. There might be the three of us and that's that. :( Hate to see it go, but, what can you do? A few regulars regulars are gone now, one for accusation and not submitting, one for having his own series to look out for and because he was ticked that he was revoked for his win, yet the other wasn't. Some just left. :indiff:

Sad, yes, but true.


Cheers,
Jetboy
 
Maybe becuase DUNDA is'nt around, live4speed is gone and I had to quit, sorry everyone (for my quitting) :(.
 
Oh well:(, I guess there's nothing that could be done about it.
To think how sad Danisfast will be when he gets back.
And yet another race series dies before the finish:(.
 
i am back.
but as lively as wrs looks, dan's 2.3 is bleeding out apparently ...
already had bob do my laps for 5 and 6 and submitted before my holiday.
maybe someone is still interested in the enduro (i'm not tho, planned to let bob do that one as well).
later!
 
yeah well I'm back now. And this tourney has turned into a right kick in the bollocks. Since I disqualified DUNDA I've not heard from him. I'm sorry to all whose time I've wasted in making this. I thought it'd be fun but it looks like its over before the end. Well to everyone who said they'd race and didn't, to everyone who just disappeared,
KISS-MY-ARSE!!! Because even if everyone else goes, there'll always be me, racing by myself if I have to. I'm still racing whenever I can and this series will NOT be just left to rot, at least not by me.
To all who stuck by this new idea until it's demise, thanks alot. I've been very lucky to even get this off of the ground, so even with the pain of seeing this drop down the forums, I think of times it had at the top, however short. It was all thanks to you.
Danisfast
 
well wtf.
i say: let's finish what we've started. dono exactly what races have been completed, but i suggest dan appoints one final track for a finishing event and then draw the line. in that way we could end this with our heads up.
i would also like to find out what exactly has happened between joe and george. i'll email him and try to find out.
dan, it's up to you now.
 
If you want to finish this then count me in, I can do the last race
in one day if needed. Like Bigracer said, it's up to you Danisfast.
 
OK, lets do it. I'll do the last round, starting tomorrow. People also have 72 hrs to submit a round five qually and race time, at which time I'll post those results. Check the first post for the new dates.

EDIT: Changing the dates...gonna get this over with...dates for round six are now listed (again) in the first post...
Will look forward to how this tourney will end...I'm also cutting the final round, the all-star one, to a much shorter length, its a return to Circuit de La Sarthe II. Not sure on distance yet...probably 6 laps again...you are eligible to do and submit all three final rounds from now until 14th September
Danisfast
 
Ok time to RACE:D, I will drive both my cars tomorrow and get both
qualifier and race times and send them in. WE WILL FINISH THIS:trouble:.
 
SWEET! Peeps the tourney is still close enough so that alotta people can win it!!! So LET'S GET-IT-ON!!
 
I have sent in my qualifier and race times for both cars.
I can't wait to see how this championship ends:D.
 
Right, got one or two times in...we'll finish this no matter what...Anyone else care to join us? If you're new, we might even be able to work something out...perhaps acquiring someone elses points to enable you a shot at the title??
Danisfast
 
The revival is under way!! The 2.3 must live!! And it will as long as I've got something to say about it!
Danisfast
 
who cares about the title? we just wanna finish this good tourney properly.
so dan, what will happen after we submitted for race 6?
thanks!
btw you still have my early submission for citi, right?
 
We'll go back to the All-Star round, which has now been edited to suit the changing climate of this tourney...IT's basically round 7...After that, I'll add up all the points and award the first ever 2.3 Sports Car Championship to the winner...who knows...there MIGHT be something in it for the winner...
Danisfast
 
I will just be glad to finish a championship in stead of it dieing(is that right)
off like a few I have raced in. And I hope to finish even more:).
 
Well fear not!!!! The tournament is very much alive thanks to everyone coming back for one final whack at the tournament's race week!!!
2.3 WILL LIVE!!
Danisfast
 
Two days for people to get their times in to me for both rounds 5 & 6...don't forget!!! It's worth up to 98 points!!
Danisfast
 
funny you say this - i think i submitted about 4 weeks ago just before me hollies. so i wont do any pm'ing to you these days :)
btw this was my 400th post ... for what it's worth.
 
LOL congratualtions, it was used for a worthy cause!!! As for your times...yeah don't bother making any more if you don't wanna, I've got your old ones, or rather, if its still in that thread then I've got 'em...I think everyone's waiting for round 7 now though...
Danisfast
 
if not please say so cos i wouldnt wanna mis any of your rankings.
 
Nah, if its in your thread then I've got 'em...
BTW, times due in tomorrow!!!
Danisfast
 
Back