2 Hours of Interlagos Team Multi-class Special Event (COMPLETE)

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 25 comments
United Kingdom
Sheffield
LewisBentley6
Hey all, this isn't so much a league or race or anything that's looking for players, but mainly to let you all know of something cool that's happening later on today that you can tune into (Since PD really hate the idea of live streaming superstar races apparently, so we'll do it ourselves :lol:)

At 8PM BST (If you aren't British click) we are trying something a bit... different. We are gonna do a 2 Hour Multi-class Team based Endurance race at Interlagos, fully casted and commentated by @Tidgney, Involving very many talented drivers (Full A+/S Grid, with like 6 75k guys I think?)

The idea is that each team consists of 1 Group 1, 1 Group 3 and 1 Group 4 driver, there will be up to 5 teams in total (4 right now but we'll get to that in a minute) and each team will receive points for their finishing position in each class, as per this points table:

HAVkDjJ.png

The winning team will of course be the one with the most points at the end of the race, in the result of a tie, the team with the highest Group 1 position wins.

There's going to be different strategies on offer, Softs, Mediums and Hards are all enabled, with a x4 Tyre multiplier to help balance out the pace advantage vs. wear rate of the 3 tyres. The fuel will be x1, because quite honestly we are all sick of fuel saving and want to drive flat for a change :lol: The three classes are also restricted to One Make, Porsche 919 for Group 1, Vantage GT3 for Group 3, Toyota 86 for Group 4 to ensure a fair race.

The teams?

F4H Motorsport
mthomas_95 (Gr.1)
jamie-995 (Gr.3)
Calster25 (Gr.4)

VP Gaming
VP_Marcolah (Gr.1)
VP_Patohm (Gr.3)
VP_TobiThunder (Gr.4)

KFC Racing (yeah, don't ask)
cubertom (Gr.1)
kallum-jones (Gr.3)
force_ewerby (Gr.4)

Team MEME (Matty Elite Mclaren Endurance, Because we are more creative than that other team of British free agent plebs)
mclaren6 (Gr.1)
Matty278 (Gr.3)
eliteforce212 (Gr.4)

Team GTP
OvrD_Lightning (Gr.1)
Oscaro_SkyPikmin (Gr.3)
gianludeagt (Gr.4)

That Team GTP is where you guys can come in if you want, I originally had a 5th team lined up, but they dropped out on short notice so this is my desperate attempt to fill it back up. I know its super short notice, but rest assured literally none of us have practised this up until now, I do recommend that you be at least 50k DR if you want to jump in, because the pace is very fast, but its not a requirement. However in the case where I get multiple GTP drivers wanting the 3 slots, I will take the 3 fastest drivers.

So yeah, 8pm, check Tidgney's stream out (you all know it by now :lol:), or, if you wanna come try your luck, that's cool too, express your interest below and I'll see what I can do. 👍

Last edited:
Would love to watch this! :D
I'd want to join myself as some sort of backfield fodder, but given how I always get stuck on the league races I join in I don't think this would be the best idea... :banghead:

Hey, would like to be competing in gr3 for team GTP if possible ;)

Edit: Nevermind i think you should receive a message soon mclaren, (i think the team in wich i was supposed to be will finally be able to compete :lol: (Ovrd_lightning, me and gianludeagt)

Last edited:
Hey, would like to be competing in gr3 for team GTP if possible ;)

Edit: Nevermind i think you should receive a message soon mclaren, (i think the team in wich i was supposed to be will finally be able to compete :lol: (Ovrd_lightning, me and gianludeagt)

Yep, I've got it, I'll update the OP ;)

KFC Racing (yeah, don't ask)
cubertom (Gr.1)
kallum-jones (Gr.3)
force_ewerby (Gr.4)

Team MEME (Matty Elite Mclaren Endurance, Because we are more creative than that other team of British free agent plebs)
Our team name is exactly as creative as yours. Kallum Force Cuber Racing or KFC Racing

I hope you all enjoyed that, was bloody brilliant! Love commentating as well as racing and the fact we had such a fantastic race which was close all the way until the end was unbelievable! Really great job for the quick organisation @mclarenLB. Great racing from all the drivers, really well done! Apologies for anyone who was watching when the stream died, that was actually my internet for 1 of my ISPs. Not sure what happened it took 2 router restarts and 2 socket restarts as well as a stream restart to solve but we got it back and managed the end of the race! We only missed 10 minutes and literally was the middle of the race. Believe it or not every time I ran back in the room I continued commentating while flicking plugs and all sorts haha!

Part 1:

Part 2:

No probs, glad I could do it :)
Was a great watch so congrats to everyone involved.

Ask @syntex123 to do a livery competition for any future races that have a gt planet team and you'll have something truly awesome :)

Bugger... Appears youtube has botched the VoD slightly towards the end of the 2nd part.. skips a couple of times... Might look to try get a new version uploaded for you.

Edit: Or according to chat it did actually skip, bloody hell! My Video on the PC got it all

👍
Ask @syntex123 to do a livery competition for any future races that have a gt planet team and you'll have something truly awesome :)

I’m just the host, I don’t decide the themes. :) (unless I win myself)

What I’d suggest (without reading what all this was about) is to enter the competition yourselves, if you win you’ll decide the theme. 👍

(Apologies for delay but I felt pretty down today and decided I didn't want to go anywhere near GT Sport for a day :lol:)

OFFICIAL RESULTS

Group 1

1. mclaren6 (MEME) 24 Points
  2. mthomas_95 (F4H) 18 Points
  3. cubertom (KFC) 12 Points
  4. VP_Marcolah (VP) 6 Points
  5. OvrD_Lightning (GTP) 1 Point

Group 3
  1. jamie-995 (F4H) 20 Points
  2. VP_Raceface (VP) 15 Points
  3. Matty278 (MEME) 10 Points
  4. kallum-jones (KFC) 5 Points