2 min wait to get to menu after ending race???

  • Thread starter Thread starter andvil13
  • 12 comments
  • 1,660 views
Messages
11
Messages
andvil13
Hello all

Since the PSN has come back up i am finding that i am waiting 2 mins ( i timed it) after finishing a race to get back to the main menu. Is anyone else getting this?

I am in the UK with 30mb virgin media broadband using the virgin media super hub. I got the hub when the PSN was down so not sure if the hub need extra configuring or if its still PSN where everyone is getting back on?

Anyone else getting this?
 
I found out, because I used to get long loading times often, that if you sign out of the playstation network, things load a heck of a lot faster. sometimes i'll just sign out before I even start the game just so it loads quicker.

Yesterday I bought a car in the used car dealership, went to give it an oil change, and then it was taking forever to go back the the GT Life menu, so I quickly signed out of the PSN, and boom, the GT Life menu instantly appeared.

I think they haven't optimized the coding for loading while you are signed into the PSN, or something like that. I'm sure there is something they can do to optimize the load times even if you are connected to the PSN.

anyone else test this? if you sign out of PSN everything loads quicker?
 
Thanks for that.

I will test it when i get back home later :-)
 
Try deleting the online game cache in the settings menu. Worked for me, but i had this problem while playing online.
 
I think I have had this issue since I started playing the game, but do you guys notice when moving around sometimes through the menus, the cursor kind of gets "stuck" on things? It seems like it will sit on a selected item for awhile no matter how much input I use on my DS3 and then it rights itself a few seconds later.

I think it is something to do with all the constant loading, but I'm not sure.

Also I asked this before, but will post again. When first starting up GT5 from the main menu before going into GT Home, does the noise confirming your selection into GT Home sound kind of muffled from time to time?
 
Since psn has returned the game loads ages, it shows gt logo and you wait till it connects to server or something, and you wait long time, it just piss me off.

Is anybody having this problem now?
 
Last edited:
looks like its the crappy virgin media super hub! There have been loads of complaints when using it wireless with the ps3. I have hooked it up using an ethernet lead and its working fine!

Guess i will be ringing VM tomorrow and getting my old modem and router hooked up.
 
Dude that superhub thing is so annoying we got it when psn was down and it seems pretty crap to be honest.
 
Dude that superhub thing is so annoying we got it when psn was down and it seems pretty crap to be honest.

Avoid the superhub. It's not exactly the most stable bit of kit.

I dont think you can retrograde back to 20mb and a cable modem, so you are in a word 'foooked'.
 
I had this problem but it fixed when i got an internet cable and not wireless still PSN and no long loading times!
 
I've always had this problem. But I think it's my router. Thing is so damn old. I seriously think its one of the first ones ever made. Anyway, I find that if I hook the PS3 directly to the modem everything goes by much faster.
 
Avoid the superhub. It's not exactly the most stable bit of kit.

I dont think you can retrograde back to 20mb and a cable modem, so you are in a word 'foooked'.

I'd keep the 30mb and just wire up a normal modem/router. It should work as long as the superhub doesn't use a special fitting.
 
I'd keep the 30mb and just wire up a normal modem/router. It should work as long as the superhub doesn't use a special fitting.


You cant as the superhub can only be (currently) used in NAT mode.

So all you will end up is with double natting and more problems.
 
Back