2 questions about wheels: F430 Compatible and F430 or DFGT?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pleurii
  • 4 comments
  • 1,202 views
Messages
12
Hello guys,

I've finally come to the conclusion that its about time for me to get a wheel to get the full experience of GT5.

Off course, as most people I guess, I also struggle with which wheel I should buy. First of all I was going for Fanatec, but now that my financial situation doesn't really allow me to purchase this wheel, I'm looking for my first wheel to be a rather 'cheap' one.

Anyways, enough with the talking, here are my questions..

My first question is if I should go for the F430 wheel from Thrustmaster or the DFGT(or maybe an alternative that could be classified as 'rather cheap'?). Yes, I've read a lot of reviews and I know their differences : DFGT is offcially supported and has 900 degrees of rotaion but the shifters are 'buttons'....

The F430 Wheel has proper FFB and proper shifter paddles, but 'only' 270 degrees of roation..

If anyone could give help me with my choice, that would be awesome.

Now the 2nd question : Does anyone actually have a F430 wheel by Thrustmaster and does this work with GT5? So far I've only seen one person on another forum that said that it works, but all of the other sources it doesn't.. So still need clarification for this, hopefully I can get that here ;)
 
I have the Driving Force Pro, which is an older version of the DFGT. It is a great wheel and I don't think you can go wrong for the price.
 
I don't have any experience with the F430 wheel, but I use the DFGT. I love my DFGT. I was a little worried at first about the 'button' paddle shifters, but they are more like switches and are a decent size. I drive everything on manual and never use the sequential shifter, only the paddle shifters and it works great! Also, since the DFGT is the official GT wheel all the buttons work perfectly... Lights, windshield wipers and even a horn. Also, the ability to adjust your TCS and other settings with the wheel while driving is nice. You don't want to make those adjustments in the middle of a big race, but works fine for doing hot laps. I'm not sure if you live in the states or not, but Gamestop has the DFGT on sale for $129 right now. If you have any more questions about the DFGT let me know!
 
Thanks for the replies so far guys, really got me more into getting my first wheel!

I'm from Belgium btw, I've seen a DFGT being sold here for 130 € retail, which is about 150 USD I guess. And I'm not saying I'm turning my back to the DFGT, just wanna see if anyone can clear up my F430 'problem',, still haven't a real answer for this..
 
Back