2 Questions in 1 thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raptor65
  • 10 comments
  • 544 views
Messages
658
Question #1- I've noticed that RUF cars (like the RGT is the same as the Carrera? W- W- Wha?!?) are exactly the same as Porsche. What's with that? Explain

Question #2- I've also been wondering, as i've been playing all day, How many of the Tracks on GT3 are real or imaginary. I know that Laguna Seca is real but what about the others? Are the circuits real circuits that they set up and race on. And what about Special Stages Route 5 and Route 11.?:confused: :confused: :confused:
 
1. RUF is a company that modifies Porsches (but they do so to such a great extent that the German gov't considers them a fully-fledged car company). Polyphony Digital couldn't get a hand with Porsche on a license, so they made do with RUF.

2. Laguna Seca and Monaco (Cote d' Azur) are real, and that's it. Tracks like Seatte are loosely based on the actual city and what not, but aren't actual tracks nor necessarily based on a real track.
 
#1 - look up RUF in google or whatever search engine you use. You will see that RUF take a Porsche and modify it. Each model is based on a specific Porsche model.

#2 - Super Speedway looks very much like Twin Ring Motegi even when viewing video footage. Look here

R246 uses the roads outside the Polyphony headquarters. These roads are not normally raced on but are real roads.
 
aw....only 2 tracks are real...i thought there would be more...
 
Originally posted by gumpy
R246 uses the roads outside the Polyphony headquarters. These roads are not normally raced on but are real roads.

Yep, R246 (Tokio) also exists.

Check the following link to see a movie some guy made when following the the Tokio GT3 track in real life

http://www.scei.co.jp/ps/r246/ [you need real player]
 
RUF's is kinda a company that buys porsche bodies does them up and sell them as RUF's
 
haha tim gibb called them ruffs like the sound a dog makes.lololol.
 
places like the Test Track and Super SPeedway are probably real.
lots of 'em.
 
Test track is longer than most test tracks. it is 6.426 miles. or 10.282km. I am trying to find a test track that I found before (I think it was Toyota or Honda - will post when I find it)

Daytona is 2.5 miles whereas Super Speedway is 1.5 miles.

I would actually like to have a 2.5 mile oval in the game.
 
Back