2 Questions

• Thread starter SpeedRaca
  • 9 comments
Just 2 questions about 2 things I find annoying in GT1

1. What is it with 4WD cars doing doughnuts and spinouts? If weight is shifted to the rear during acceleration and all four wheels are being driven, doesnt that mean the car will understeer rather that oversteer?

2. What is it with cars with Spec 4 Turbine Kits taking off slower than my grandma's electric wheelchair? I dont know much about Turbos, is this something to do with turbo lag? On trial mountain I got stuck on one of the hilly bits and I couldnt take off coz the road was rising a bit and my car couldnt accelerate for sh**. Other times you forget to rev your engine at the start of a race and coz it takes like 5 mins just to hit the redline you sit there with other cars smacking into your arse while your waiting for your engine to rev. Its bloody annoying. :mad:

Does anyone have answers to these troubles? Does anyone else HAVE these troubles??? :confused:

What is it with cars with Spec 4 Turbine Kits taking off slower than my grandma's electric wheelchair? I dont know much about Turbos, is this something to do with turbo lag?

I dont know much about turbos either, but I think its just pd's poor attempt at turbo lag.

#1 You might have understeer ,I don't know, but I do know this,The front wheels are pulling, therefore the rear wheels don't want to over-run the front. Could it be that the front wheels are pulling the car out of position,and or during accelleration weight is shifted more to the rear thus the front loses traction #2 You got it right ,Turbo lag, not enough rpms of the turbo to put any air in the cylinders. If you get stalled try power braking to get the rpms up then drive like a mad man and play catch-up.

Its probably something to do with weight distribution - engine and driver over front axle, therefore rear has less weight, downforce, and grip

Grand turismo aint entirely acurate with things like engine tuning and other things.
this is a run-down on turbo tech:

Lets just say that a single Stage 4 turbo is a huge 30psi monster... the single turbo will take a while to spool up, because it has to move a lot of air to get a high-horsepower point of say 700+. Some people who run a single turbo often have a shot of nitrous oxide (lets say a 150hp shot) to effectively make a high horse power reading while the turbo is spooling up.

Now a twin turbo car can use two 15psi turbos to get 700+, but will not suffer has much, or at all turbo lag, because the amount of air is split between to turbos. Twin turbo cars can also have one turbo start up before the next turbo to create smooth powerbands meaning, you can use two 30psi turbos in a car and get HUGE power out puts and still suffer little turbo lag.

alternatively, punch dow the throttle on a supercharged car and you will be pinned back into your seat immideatly.

to rap this up lets just say that GT has not got real, life like tuning opitons.

If you get stuck with the revs just not rising hold the brake and throttle on simultaneously till revs build up then release the brakes and away you go, also for the starts press the accelerator button as soon as the start sequence begins on screen.

Back