2 Things I do not understand..

  • Thread starter Thread starter AbsolonP
  • 8 comments
  • 1,018 views
Messages
22
Messages
AbsolonP
Hi all, first of all, this is my first post on this forum.

I 'noticed' 2 weird things (that have probably allready been posted) but ..

1. How come PD can turn the lights on when driving a non-premium model on the nurnburgring but we don't have the option to 'flicker' our lights when driving other tracks?

2. For those who played GT4, what ever happened with 'holding' the gear you were in even though you drive automatic and not manual. I know this helped me A LOT doing the licenses in GT4, not that I'm having a problem with them in GT5 (golded all) but I liked it because you could advantage from it. Is it lost or do you have to add it at the controller setup?

Thanks in advance !

AbsolonP
 
Not sure what you mean in question 1, but as for 2, no you can't hold gears like that in GT5.
 
Not sure what you mean in question 1, but as for 2, no you can't hold gears like that in GT5.

Ever noticed when you drive the nurnburgring track with a non-premium car, the lights are automaticly switched on, but when you drive a normal racetrack (not the nurnburg) the lights are switched off and you can't use them to 'flicker' etc. I hope this makes my question clear.
 
The lights on the car? Perhaps you have the controls set up wrong? I don't mess with the lights much though. They seem to work at night and that's all I care about. Maybe someone else has more input for that question.
 
Yes man it's :odd:...It would be cool to turn on standart car light while doing day races...well, it's :odd:
 
Well the thing about the lights is when passing slower cars you can use this to let them know you're there. Mostly online since I don't think AI respond to that (though it would be a cool addition...PD hint hint...)

Though as far as I know the flicker lights does work on standards? At least when I go to 3rd person view and look at my front it seems to, even during day. I dunno maybe I'm mistaken though.
 
Well the thing about the lights is when passing slower cars you can use this to let them know you're there. Mostly online since I don't think AI respond to that (though it would be a cool addition...PD hint hint...)

Though as far as I know the flicker lights does work on standards? At least when I go to 3rd person view and look at my front it seems to, even during day. I dunno maybe I'm mistaken though.

You are mistaken :P It doesn't work on Standards. I would love to see a working windshield wiper. :sly:
 
I suppose most people do not understand my problem, eg with the new seasonal events I race a non-premium truck, in all the races (except nurnburg) my lights are turned OFF, and normaly I can control them with my R1 trigger, but they do not respond, when you play Nurnburgring the lights are AUTOMATICLY switched on, propably because it's a rule when you drive the ring (and you can't turn them off using the R1 trigger) so my question is, why can't PD make all cars with usable lights :)
 
I have noticed the same thing and it only applies to the ring. Lights on standard cars are off and cannot be turned on on any track. BUT on the ring they are on and cannot be switched off. 👎

I want operational lights and changeable wheels on standard cars! 👍
 
Back