2 user accounts

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jasonnolan
  • 7 comments
  • 774 views
Messages
4
Messages
The Shizzle
Hi all. im a 'noob' to this forum, and had a question for all you experts.

Now while I am very familiar with GT 5 and other GT games, I am unfamiliar with the online gaming world.

When we first got the PS3 my brother had a user account set up (and associated email and password). So we both just used it and were always automatically signed in on this username.

Problem is, recently the password for the account has gone missing, and all the cars/licenses I have aquired are now unaccessible to use online. (I have looked everywhere for the password, it is definately lost).

How do I get the use of these cars with my current user that I have just set up, as I would like to race against gamers online?? I dont want to have to start from the very beginning again!!

If I delete a user does it mean all the licenses and cars are deleted too, or will they magically stay on the system somehow??


Thanks for reading.
 
Okay, I'm slightly confused reading through this. You and you're brother used to share a PSN account together? And now, you've lost the password for that account so you've created a new one, and are wanting to transfer the cars/licenses (gamesave essentially) from your previous account to your new one?
 
1. you can use the same account (incl. saves) on two or more ps3
2. you can not log into PSN with the same account multiple times at once (only one may be online)
3. you can not use your safes on an account they were not created on

Either your Brother shares his online time with you (he or you) or you start over again.
 
Thanks for responding guys.

Yeah we both just used one account. When the PS3 was turned on, it was automatically always on the same user account, and usually only one of us played at a time. So what I wanna do now is use the cars that were aquired on the old account on a new user account...?
McRoflSandwich you are right with what you wrote, how do I get it sorted? I basically want to transfer gamesaves to a new user account.

Cheers
 
Right, okay then. Just wanted to clear that up so I could try to help lol.

Erm... I'm not sure as there is anything you can do to be honest. Because, the gamesave is linked to your PSN ID. So when you try to copy your gamesave across to a new user account it will throw up error message up and it will overwrite the copied save with a fresh one.

I'm guessing you've tried to go through all the recovery steps to reset your password/recover account and all that?
 
Yeah I think I will have to try going through the recovery steps. Only option I fear. Thanks for the advice though. J
 
No problem :)

But yeah, I'm afraid that may be your only option. Hope you manage to sort it anyway, I'd be gutted if I lost my save.
 
Back