2 year, 11 month Anniversary Introduction

• Thread starter ildd
  • 7 comments
United States
Houston, TX
ryandude2448
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
I found GTPlanet while searching Google for GT5-related stuff. I think I needed help on one of the races, however this was not when I joined; that happened to be a week later because I didn't want to buy a Ferrari.​
  • Where are you from?
I was born and raised in Houston, where I still live. Love it here.​
  • When did you start playing the Gran Turismo games?
Christmas of 2001, I received a PS2 and Gran Turismo 3 from Santa; I don't know why, but that and Hot Wheels were the only thing I had on my list. It was, by far, the most fun game I had at the time, even if "It's really hard to drive in!" This was my first own game system, not counting a Gameboy Color my half-brother had given me. I wouldn't be surprised that in my PS2's lifetime (which, by the way, is still fully functional) it has more hours logged than some airplanes or pilots. I remember one night I was playing Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 and my dad came upstairs and made me turn it off. Mind you, this was basically a three-day continuous gameplay and I had just unlocked the SVT Cobra. This was also the week I found out memory cards were a thing.
20141015_143610.jpg
  • Do you play with a steering wheel?
Yes! Last Christmas I had gotten a G27 wheel and made my own wheel stand. It's been a fun learning experience even though I haven't used it as much as I had hoped for. And also due to the fact GT6 has been less than what I thought it would be.​
  • What other games do you enjoy?
I'm definitely not the average gamer. I bought my first FPS game in May of 2014, and that was COD BO2. Basically every game I have ever owned, which the exception of a few, has been Sports or Racing related. Some of my all-time favorite games were NFS HP2, NFSU2, NASCAR Thunder 2003, MVP Baseball 2005, the whole MLB The Show series (with bias towards 2006), the older (2004-2007) Madden's, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, GTAV, and of course GT3, GT4, and GT5. On the PC side, it's rather the opposite. I enjoy The Sims, Civ 5, AUTOMATION, and Baseball Mogul.​
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community, now that you're a part of this site?
Not getting banned. OK, for real, I try and help others out when I can and I do like a good discussion. After all, I've been on active forums since I was nine years old, although GTP is by far the largest. Like the other sites, I've made plenty of new internet friends already and hope that GTP will become my "longest membership" site, which it's already getting close to.​

Hey and welcome and stuff. Nice 20-pack in the picture.

Hey! Hey!! Move over. ildd is my friend, too.

Um . . @ildd . . . what happened to all the Hotwheels? Are you giving them away? :)
I'm sure I still have most of them, probably will keep them for my kid (s) when the time comes. :)

I'm sure I still have most of them, probably will keep them for my kid (s) when the time comes. :)

Heh heh . . . just pulling your leg. @ildd - thought you might want to hand them over all to me. :D

There is a great discussion on in the Rumble Strip about die-cast cars - if you are not familiar with it, you should check it out.

Back