20% Race Distance

• Thread starter Jamezy10
  • 19 comments
I've run out of fuel before on 20%. The fuel simulation is gauged to the length of a race 20% and up. It was like that with 2010, as well.

It should be but I've always left it on RICH during my first season and I've never run out of fuel.

Sure you can run out of fuel, if you run a 20% race they fuel you just enough to last the race.

If you do Spa/Monza 20% race and you run the standard fuel mode for the whole race you will run out of fuel on the last lap, since they are high fuel usage races. On most other tracks you can get away with standard fuel setting for the whole race.

This is like in real life, only in real life they would almost never just use a medium fuel point for the whole race, they would use high fuel when its needed, then make up for it with a low fuel stint.

I did 20% at Monza and ran out of fuel on the final straightaway a couple hundred metres before the finish line. Coasted over the line.

I ran out of fuel in an online 20% race (Montreal) (standard fuel mix), and safety car was also deployed for 2 laps 👍

Note saftey car setting must be on

Maybe that's why since you're not getting into the highest revs.

Well, I have to switch around in my McLaren. Might be related to the setup as well then since I tend to set the gear ratio different now.

When I started my career and was doing the Montral race on 20%, I remembered seeing somewhere (in the pit garage just before the race?) that the car was fueled for 58 laps, or whatever the full race is. So in the middle of the race I thought "I have fuel for 58 laps but I will only drive 12 laps, so it won't hurt if I go to fuel mix 3" and so I did. With 1½ lap to go I was in 23th position because I was struggling with no aids and proffesional AI, and then I ran out of fuel. I dropped to last and got lapped while crawling to the start/finish line.

I don't have a problem with the fuel simulation being scaled to fit the race length, but If I'm running a 12 lap race then it shouldn't say that the car is fueled for 58 laps.

Its not 58 laps worth of fuel, its scaled as you said to just have enough for whatever distance you're running

Yes, but I think that if the race is 20% (12 laps) the number of laps worth of fuel should also say 12 laps.

DFGT without addon paddles means I have to since I can't reach the buttons properly. :(

Wow, I didn't know the DFGT came out with no paddle/button shifters...

But yes you most certainly can run out of fuel. Even If I leave the mix on 2 the entire race the fuel warning light comes on for the last few laps.

As for the safety car I have never seen it, and I'm half way through the season.

Wow, I didn't know the DFGT came out with no paddle/button shifters...

But yes you most certainly can run out of fuel. Even If I leave the mix on 2 the entire race the fuel warning light comes on for the last few laps.

As for the safety car I have never seen it, and I'm half way through the season.

There are buttons but well, you can't reach them when you're steering - so not an option.

There are buttons but well, you can't reach them when you're steering - so not an option.

Personally I have no problems using the buttons on my DFGT. Sure, I would prefer proper paddles, but since I never change my grip of the wheel, the buttons are always at my fingertips even in a full lock turn.

Back