200 Point A-spec endurance. Grand Valley 300 Km... Clean

United States
None of your business
For this race, I'm using what might be considered an unusual car to pit against the JGCT race cars... A Lotus Elise 111R

For my setup, I have all of the power upgrades except the racing chip. I'm running on superhard tires, and a setup I found here: http://gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::3974/Lotus-Elise-111R/

The car has the characteristic lift-off oversteer common to MR cars, but the oversteer is so controllable that I can actually use it to my advantage, swinging the rear end around the 2 hairpins to get around the turns a bit quicker.

I'm running this race relatively clean, no more than 2 tires can drift onto the grass for the purposes of gaining an advantage. Car contact is allowed however, due to the incredibly ignorant AI, but it musn't be intentional (e.g., ramming an opponent into a sand trap).

Laps 1-10: Lap 1 is as chaotic as expected, with everyone knocking everyone else around. I try to stay out of the mess, as I round the first hairpin and through the S-curves. At the start of lap 2, I'm doing rather well, but I'm almost forced to start over when more than 2 tires come dangerously close to the grass in the 2 curves before the first tunnel. By lap 4... I'm staring at my television in disbelief... I'm already in second place, breathing down the neck of the first place car, and pass him right before the second hairpin... I'm beginning to wonder if this is really a 200 point race, because it sure in the heck shouldn't be this easy... The Castrol Supra alleviates my concerns however by giving me a nudge which causes me to nearly fishtail into a wall, and puts me back into 4th place. By lap 7, they've pulled out away from me, and this is beginning to actually look like a 200 point race. By lap 10, they are about 15 seconds ahead of me.

Laps 11-20: On lap 13, I make a pit stop for tires, and switch to medium tires. The other cars pit around lap 15, and by lap 17, I've nearly caught back up to the main group, regaining 4th position 1 minute and 15 seconds into lap 17. I regain 2nd place 28 seconds into lap 18, and pit on lap 20.

Laps 21-30: The hard tires yield me no benefit whatsoever, as I cosntantly stay around 45 seconds behind the lead car, until they wear out, which causes me to lose even more time.

Last edited:
Here's a lesson - never post a race report when you've lost. Readers prefer it when the driver WINS. I'm sounding like an absolute jackass, but it's the truth. Well, unless you're doing a story and you make the driver lose to evolve the character.

Here's a lesson - never post a race report when you've lost. Readers prefer it when the driver WINS.

Readers prefer when the race report tells the truth, actually. This is the way everyone should make race reports: updating it as you do the race. Not only readers are interested in the race, but you too, because you don't know how is it going to end, and you can tell that by the way you are writing. If you win the race, and then make a race report about it, it won't have the same flavour as if you were writing it as you go.

Well, unless you're doing a story and you make the driver lose to evolve the character.

Or to do something different, just for a change. To add realism, too: nobody wins all of their races. Even Juan Manuel Fangio had a winning percentage of 47.06%, the best winning percentage in Formula 1's history, which means he lost at least half of his races. It gets pretty boring to know how a race will end in a story before it even begins. I have done predicted race results in stories before, all you need to do is to look at the opponent. If he acts like a 🤬 then there's no doubt the protagonist will win (not my case when writing).

Here's a lesson - never post a race report when you've lost. Readers prefer it when the driver WINS. I'm sounding like an absolute jackass, but it's the truth. Well, unless you're doing a story and you make the driver lose to evolve the character.

Really? I'd beg to differ. ;)

To be honest this is what a GT4 race report should be about, a report of a race in GT4. 👍 The result is a part of the report win or lose.

I love, and indeed have written some of, the GT4 based fan-fiction that's present within this subforum, but I'm hoping that once GT5 finally emerges that we can have both a "purist" race report area where actual GT5 event reports go and a "fan-fic" sub-forum of the race report area where the race-based but utimately fictional stories reside. 💡

Back