2000 Ford Falcon XR8 - Worth buying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter F1Addict
  • 17 comments
  • 2,390 views
Messages
849
This car just came up in my UCD.
http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=204

I dunno if I should buy it. I probably would if I had 1.2m, but only got about 800k. I can't do any race either as its right at the bottom. Only option I have is to sell cars to get the remaining 400k, which I would do if its worth it.

Any help is appreciated. :)
 
I got this car from a trade. I think it's pretty good.
If you haven't done the seasonal events yet then do them.
It's easy money.
 
Not worth selling your cars for it, I've got it but only bought it for trade purposes
 
Yeah, it's a good car but it's one of those 'fill the gaps in the collection' types..
Leave it and crack on I'd say.
 
It's pretty rare, many people want it. You could buy it and trade for a better car.
 
It's ok not great I have one and like most of my cars have only driven it once.
 
I've only driven mine once as well. It's not the best race car by a long stretch, but I was happy enough to win one from a level 21 ticket.
 
Don't. Don't waste your hard earnt money on these collectors' items. But when you are grinding for levels do grab one up.
 
Thanks for the responses guys. Still undecided though. I may just toss a coin tomorrow on whether to buy it or leave it. Its down to fate. :)
 
Australians and New Zealanders are mad for the XR8 because its the only car from the premier touring car series in Australia( look up V8 supercars on you tube).
Because of it rarity most aussies would trade their souls to get it, every time I use it online I get constant offers to trade, so look at it as a virtual blank cheque to trade with.
It also is alot of fun to drive once you get the tune up right(lots of camber and a very tight diff)
 
Australians and New Zealanders are mad for the XR8 because its the only car from the premier touring car series in Australia( look up V8 supercars on you tube).
Because of it rarity most aussies would trade their souls to get it, every time I use it online I get constant offers to trade, so look at it as a virtual blank cheque to trade with.
It also is alot of fun to drive once you get the tune up right(lots of camber and a very tight diff)

Really now? If it is like a virtual bank cheque then that would be pretty sweet.. :sly: I'll do some more thinking later. Thanks.
 
Really now? If it is like a virtual bank cheque then that would be pretty sweet.. :sly: I'll do some more thinking later. Thanks.

Maybe once but certainly not anymore, it now has equal value to every other car.
 
Australians and New Zealanders are mad for the XR8 because its the only car from the premier touring car series in Australia( look up V8 supercars on you tube).
Because of it rarity most aussies would trade their souls to get it, every time I use it online I get constant offers to trade, so look at it as a virtual blank cheque to trade with.
It also is alot of fun to drive once you get the tune up right(lots of camber and a very tight diff)

Exactly this ^^^^

I take this car online more than any other and was constantly getting asked for trades. Bit less now that many more people have it, but so many still don't.

I'm far from being the best driver, but I've beaten quite a few JGTC and DTM racers with it.

If I start a room it's titled "Touring Cars Only" to get a nice cross-section of Touring Cars up against my XR8. 👍

A couple of days ago I joined a room titled "OZSupercars Only". Obviously, the only car that qualifies is the XR8. I had eight or so very enjoyable races with half a dozen others before I left for bed. The fans are out there.
 
Wait till the commodore ss appears, it only cost me 50 grand
 
I check the UCD all the time.
I've seen the XR8 come up twice. I didn't have the cash OR levels the first time, so I made sure I kept the money in reserve the second time, and that was a month ago. i haven't seen it again since.

For rarity, I say grab one when you see it.

The Commodore SS and Monaro CV8, without keeping count, I must have seen over a dozen times each. (And I've bought a couple :))
 
Must be a Holden fan :p

lol, Definitely not a holden fan, I actually had a poster of Seton's XR8 on my wall 10 years ago when I was a teenager. Luckily I grew out of it.
 
It's definitely one of those "just to have it" cars for me. Although it looks really bad (even for a standard car).
 
Back