2006 FGT Race 6 - Catalunya GP (Fuji 2005), May 14 + Results

  • Thread starter Thread starter Soyfu
  • 25 comments
  • 1,201 views
Messages
405
Formula GT Gran Premio De Espana 2006
Circuit: Fuji Speedway 2005
Length: 2.84 miles
Laps: 67






​

GT Mode / Extreme Hall / Formula GT Championship / Fuji Speedway 2005

PM me your times by Sunday, May 14, 11:59pm EST.

Team Name:
Driver:
Race Time:
Fastest lap:


Thanks :)

New drivers are welcome. Please, leave your information in the sign-up thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76267
 
Oh man, my least favourite track in GT4. I hated this track so much, I ran the race on B-spec when I did this championship.
 
:scared: Havn't looked yet, but hope its the one with the twisty parts in the last section of the track. Its the one Fuji track i prefer to run on. Now to go and try and figure out a setup for it. :crazy:
:ouch: no T times or breaking point markers on this track - plus its the one w/ the chicane. Thought it would of been the one w/ the dogleg instead. Must of just been remodeled cause the track is new asphault and is very abrasive on the tires.
After some laps got it down to 1'18.xxx's but is hard to drive because there are no braking point markers and keep under braking for the turns.:yuck:
 
Yeah, it's got all the twisty parts. It's kind of dreary looking, though. The track surface looks strange.
 
this one isnt too bad, its just that silly chicane that was added from fuji 05 to fuji gt 05. (or is it the other way around?)
 
Hey dudes, sorry I didnt turn in a time for the Nurburgring, I ran a clean race to lap 8 then lost interest and stopped. Im about to do my first attempt at this race in a moment or two, I did a few practice laps earlier, the fastest time I did was a 1'16.2xx, I dont normally like this track but its quite fun using the FGT on it.
 
Yeah, it is more fun with the FGT than most other cars b/c of the aerodynamic grip.

One surprise is that the race has a standing start. That makes it a little tricky to get going.
 
Hey dudes, Just finished the race, after doing 60 perfectly clean laps my final 7 laps were an absolute disaster, I just couldnt seem to keep the car on the track :banghead: lol Oh well time submitted 👍:)
 
oi ... boring tracking. 3 laps done and im bored out of mind :(
 
Agreed :(

I just want to get to Monaco.
 
im a bit off pace with a 1.18 best lap.
 
I might not put in a time this round - although it's still up in the air. If I've got some time to use, I'll see if I can get in an entire race.
 
1.15.966 best lap so far (thanks ai! :D ) about half way through the race.

17 laps left ... doesnt seem too bad once i stoped paying attention to amount of laps left, they went by quickly.

im taking 32 units of fuel and pitting with vapours (0 units).
 
time in, hit a 1.15.628 on lap 66. :lol:
 
My time's in - FL is 1'15.812.

Looks like I might be pretty close to you, [empty space].
 
nah, i was averaging mid 16s-18s, too slow to do well. :)
 
Damn, looks like im the slowest this time around, I only managed a 1'15.9xx :(
 


Third win for DRIVEN -USA- and his second win in a row. He's looking unstoppable but it's an interesting race for 2nd!

I don't know how you guys made such quick laps. Drafting? It is fun seeing the car come alive as the fuel burns off.

Updated point standings are in the first post.
 
:) Cool, was a bit faster than i thought. Only had a few minor offs, nice having the asphault areas to catch you instead of the gravel. Only drove it twice this week instead of the normal three times. 2nd place looked like a close fight for which step they were going to be standing on.
Congrats to the podium finishers :cheers: 👍
 
heh. my results are all over the place. i could probably do better if i did more than 1 attempt per race though.
 
Soyfu


Third win for DRIVEN -USA- and his second win in a row. He's looking unstoppable but it's an interesting race for 2nd!

I don't know how you guys made such quick laps. Drafting? It is fun seeing the car come alive as the fuel burns off.

Updated point standings are in the first post.

I couldn't really get a lap that I'd consider perfect - I had very little rear downforce and had problems not spinning the wheels in 3rd gear - when I got it right, it was usually coming out of the hairpin, and I could shift into fourth while still turning. Because of my set-up on the differential, I usually got a huge jump out of the turn.
 
The Internet
I couldn't really get a lap that I'd consider perfect - I had very little rear downforce and had problems not spinning the wheels in 3rd gear - when I got it right, it was usually coming out of the hairpin, and I could shift into fourth while still turning. Because of my set-up on the differential, I usually got a huge jump out of the turn.
Oh! That was the trick! I hadn't even thought of decreasing the downforce. I had both my wings on max which must've slowed me down on that huge straight.

I guess the advantage of max wing is being able to take the double apex left hander (turn 3-4) at full throttle in 5th gear (auto gear at 24). I found that using fewer gears made driving 67 laps a bit less tiring.
 
I only did this race once, my wings were set to the maximum aswell and for a change I decided to do this race with all Driver Aids turned off, im not sure if this made me faster or slower, but I doubt i'll do it again. I pit every 10 laps.
 
:sly: Downforce on mine was high also but not all the way up. Could still run the long right sweeper wide open in 6th gear. Just had to watch the rear end if it broke loose, just let it drift :scared: Think my tranny setting was at auto 17.
 
heh. auto set at 1 :) though 6th, 7th, and final gear were set for nordschliefe but were still too short. toped out about 215
 
Back