• Thread starter McLaren
  • 23 comments

McLaren

Premium
United States
Texas
This car is f'ing awesome looking!

Fast Autos.net
At last, something many M5 fans have long been waiting for is now possible: delimiting the top speed to raise it from 250 to 320 km/h. To this end, HARTGE has developed a supplementary module that (with no driver-training course) enables every M5 driver to experience his or her desire for maximum speed.

To ensure this enormous power reaches the road perfectly and, in particular, with adequate reserves of safety, attention must be paid to the speed index of the tyres and, if necessary, replacements fitted: For example, the HARTGE CLASSIC 2 set of wheels (9.5 x 21'' with 255 / 30 ZR 21 tyres at the front and 10.5 x 21'' with 295 / 25 ZR

21 tyres at the back) coupled with a set of HARTGE sports springs that lower the M5 by 30 mm.

Additional, special new parts for the M5 from HARTGE provide for an enhanced appearance and, in the first case, a better sound: a stainless-steel rear silencer with dual tail pipes (optionally round or oval) and the new front-spoiler lip and rear trim panel in diffuser look.

Moreover, for drivers who also want to have the new and exclusive look within their field of vision, there is the ergonomically designed HARTGE 3-spoke leather steering wheel (with carbon inserts, too), HARTGE carbon interior embellishments for the dashboard, transmission console and door grips or, in aluminium, the two-piece pedal set, handbrake cover, which is also available in leather / aluminium, and a set of HARTGE velour foot mats in black.

General Information
Price: $---,---
Miles Per Gallon: --/-- mpg
Curb Weight: 4050 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 7-Speed SMG
Engine
Type: V10
Displacement: 5000 cc
Horsepower: 507 bhp @ 7750 rpm
Torque: 384 lb-ft @ 6100 rpm
Redline: 8250 rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: 4.5 sec
0-100 mph: 10.0 sec
Quarter Mile: 12.6 sec @ 115 mph
Skidpad: .--g
Top Speed: --- mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: --- ft
Slalom Speed: --.- mph

Source:
2006 Hartge M5 @ Fast-Autos.net

thats what I like to see. Much better than that AC Schnitzer 6-series based solar flare. Suttle yet aggressive looks, those slightly wider guards that dont go over the top. An aftermarket look that doesnt have you stabbing your eyes out........12.6 quarter....it goes too.........thats a plus...I guess :dopey:

I remember reading about that months ago, someone on the M5 boards was talking about Hartge's appearance package.

It is WAY better than anything I've seen out of AC Schnitzer...I don't know what is up with their sense of taste.

I am pretty sure that the 12.6 1/4 isn't much, if anything of an improvement over stock though.

Nice. Those have to be the lowest profile tires I've ever seen. Are tuning companies allowed to change taillights and stuff? Because, that needs to be done.

:drool:

That is sooooo nice, imagine the car in black...

Onikaze
I am pretty sure that the 12.6 1/4 isn't much, if anything of an improvement over stock though.

You are correct. :) The Hartge M5 is nothing more than an M5 with the speed limiter removed, new wheels/tires, new springs, and subtle visual modifications. The engine hasn't been touched, and the weight isn't drastically different.

If you think thats crazy Hartge tuned up a 1 series and put a V8 from an old M3 in it.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
If you think thats crazy Hartge tuned up a 1 series and put a V8 from an old M3 in it.
Do you mean an M5??? The M3 has never had a V8 with which to use. The new one coming in the next year or so is supposed to have a V8. But, so far, the 3 versions of the M3 have had one 4cyl (E30) and two 6cyl (E36, E46) engines.

Hilg

iceburns288
Technically the M3 GTR has a V8 ;)
True. But, there were only 5 made. And, not in real production. Just a limited build to get the V8 racer legal. I don't consider that a normal or production car. So, I still stand by my initial statement. No road going, regular production M3 has ever had a V8.

Hilg

It's quite an amazing looking car. 👍

I was under the impression new M3s had V-8s in them. I don't know where I got the idea....... Perhaps before new M3s came out, they were rumored to? :ouch:

a6m5
I was under the impression new M3s had V-8s in them. I don't know where I got the idea.......
The new M3 that will be coming out in the next year or so is going to supposedly have a V8. But, that isn't out yet. And, I don't think its final yet either. There have been big rumors about the engine, and very valid ones at that, but nothing official. We'll see.

Hilg

So basically, all Hartje did was add an aero kit, custom exhaust, pretty up the interior just a hair and remove any top speed limitations on the car. Am I missing something? I mean, why bother? With the engine that's in the car, the stock exhaust is more than sufficient and I doubt you'll get any performance benefits out of that 'upgrade'. The speed limiter is nice, but that shouldn't be hard to remove anyways.

When Car & Driver had a project Mercedes, they actually had to move multiple speed limiting devices in order to reach higher top speed. At the end of the article, they said they were still looking for more restriction devices.

emad
....I mean, why bother? With the engine that's in the car, the stock exhaust is more than sufficient and I doubt you'll get any performance benefits out of that 'upgrade'.
It wasn't for performance. If you read the little press release, the exhaust was just for a better sound. Yes, the V10 has a great ammount of power. But, giving it a little better sound is never bad.
emad
.....The speed limiter is nice, but that shouldn't be hard to remove anyways.
Yea, no problem there. I guess you have your own hardware and software at home with which to use for ECU reflashing of BMWs, right??? NO!??! Then its not that easy. Almost all "limiters" used in cars these days, be it a rev limit or speed limit, are done in the ECU. You don't just get under the hood and remove something.

Hilg

The next M3 will definitely use a 4.0 Liter V-8, basically an M5 V-10 with two cylinders chopped off, probably 400-420 Hp, I'd bet on 420 just to snub Audi's RS4.

This isn't in debate, what is in debate is whether there will be a 4 Series/M4, if it will be the hardtop convertible version, and if/when there will be an M2 or M1(they are leery of that name because of the original M1) but they will surely drop the old M3's 3.2 I-6 into a 1 series, and a Z4 within a couple years.

Onikaze
The next M3 will definitely use a 4.0 Liter V-8, basically an M5 V-10 with two cylinders chopped off, probably 400-420 Hp, I'd bet on 420 just to snub Audi's RS4.

This isn't in debate, what is in debate is whether there will be a 4 Series/M4, if it will be the hardtop convertible version, and if/when there will be an M2 or M1(they are leery of that name because of the original M1) but they will surely drop the old M3's 3.2 I-6 into a 1 series, and a Z4 within a couple years.

The need for an "M1" has already been quenched by the existence of the 130i. I could see them still throwing the M3's L6 into it, though, as you said.

Also, I just wish the threats of a "4 series" would just go away... :banghead: it's a dumb idea...the 3-series was originally a 2-door car, anyway...the 4-door version didn't appear until the E30.

On the other hand, if they want 2-door/convertible versions of the 1 series to be designated "2-series," I say they should just go for it, if that means that they'll release those versions sooner....I think the 1-series would look much better if it didn't have those useless rear doors (what with rear legroom being so lacking), and BMW is taking forever to get rid of them... :grumpy:

Don't like that at all! 👎

It's not like many people are going to buy it anyway.

Back