2006 NFL Season Preview

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 45 comments
Yo, JFM! Rams got it done against the Colts. How you feeling about this preseason victory?
Been a while :lol:, I've been out playing some Madden.

Well this year's looking great for me and foolkiller's team, cant wait till week 1!

Oh yeah, what about Lelie going to the Falcons?

Which 2006 Rose Bowl starter do you think has looked best this preseason?

A.) Vince Young
B.) Matt Leinart
C.) Reggie Bush
D.) LenDale White

Actually, the 2007 version has quite a few new features in it. You should reant it and check it out, its pretty good 👍.
But is it worth $50?

I actually prefer Madden's gameply and extra features over wht the 2K series offered, but I have never felt that it was worth the money when I can still get a good quality game for much cheaper.

I'll check it out though and judge for myself. It has been a couple of years, it might be time for an update.

Which 2006 Rose Bowl starter do you think has looked best this preseason?

A.) Vince Young
B.) Matt Leinart
C.) Reggie Bush
D.) LenDale White

Vince Young, All I know is that he had a bad start in the preseason.
Matt Leinart, Came late didnt see much and he's not starting this season anyway.
Reggie, looked nice but again I never saw much of him.
White, never seen him at all :lol:

Ok John, I'll take the bait.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will defeat the Pittsburgh Steelers Superbowl XLI.

You obviously don't know Chris Simms like Texas Longhorn fans do. Chris won't take TB to the superbowl, let alone win it. No way, not a chance. Did you see how many passes he had blocked against Jacksonville?

My pick for this year is the Colts. But I expect the Cardinals to have a breakout year as well. Seahawks, Pitt, Denver, NE, and the Bears will continue to do well. Better luck in '07 for the Panthers, they don't look so hot right now. Young, Leinart, and Cutler won't start until '07 unless someone gets hurt.

You obviously don't know Chris Simms like Texas Longhorn fans do. Chris won't take TB to the superbowl, let alone win it. No way, not a chance. Did you see how many passes he had blocked against Jacksonville?

My pick for this year is the Colts. But I expect the Cardinals to have a breakout year as well. Seahawks, Pitt, Denver, NE, and the Bears will continue to do well. Better luck in '07 for the Panthers, they don't look so hot right now. Young, Leinart, and Cutler won't start until '07 unless someone gets hurt.

Danoff, you're comparing a qoute I wrote five weeks ago (I think it was five weeks) to a game played a couple of nights ago! Man! Yeah, Simms did have a bunch of passes blocked! I have to hand it to that Jacksonville D-line--what a murderous bunch of thugs!
But, I'll stick by what I said about the Colts though. There seems to be a lot of pressure (from NFL Netwrok commentators, to ESPN commentators, fans--my sister being one of them . . . etc) that for the Colts to be successfull this season, they not only have to make it to the Super Bowl, but they must win the Super Bowl! Now, if they can humiliate the Bengals, sneak past the Patriots, and power by the Steelers, the Super Bowl could well be there's! I just don't see it happening. The AFC is tough--especially the North. But if it happens, I'll have you AND my sister driving me nuts!

Danoff, you're comparing a qoute I wrote five weeks ago (I think it was five weeks) to a game played a couple of nights ago! Man! Yeah, Simms did have a bunch of passes blocked! I have to hand it to that Jacksonville D-line--what a murderous bunch of thugs!

I'd have told you five weeks ago that Simms is no good and that he gets batted down at the line (see last year's playoffs against Washington). I was just wondering if you caught the game the other day and if that affects your predictions.

I watched the game last night and the Packers did not look very good. It was the first time I saw them and I must say Brett Favre should've retired because sometime during the season he will wish he had. My Panthers have looked ordinary but I think they will tighten up. How about TO in Dallas? I think some of it is the media because Steve Smith has missed a lot of practice with hamstring problems but nobody makes a big deal of it. Because its TO everything is magnified, but i wasn't expecting this till at least next year. Oh one thing Chad Pennington will lead my other team the Jets to a 6 - 10 season. Woohoo

I'd have told you five weeks ago that Simms is no good and that he gets batted down at the line (see last year's playoffs against Washington). I was just wondering if you caught the game the other day and if that affects your predictions.

No disrespect on my part . . . I'm always at work when I get a chance to view GT Planet--so when something upsetting happens here I tend to get a little snappy with the on-line community! No disrespect.

But I did see the 1st and part of the 2nd quarter of the Jacksonville game. And his passes did have an alarming tendency to get batted down. I don't have a copy of the last years Playoff game anymore, so I can't really comment.

From the sound of your post, it sounds like you HATE Chris Simms. Did he really stink-it-up for Texas? I haven't heard or read anything of that nature. Then again, I don't live in Texas or listen to Texas sports-talk radio! Everyone in the Buccaneers camp was like, "yeah, Mr. Simms will be a good fit for our organization."
Last year's playoff against Washington didn't look too good--hence, the reason why I did't keep the tape . . . but if the Buccaneers can have a good season, make it past NFC threats like the Panthers, the Seahawks, the Giants, and make it to the big show--I don't care how many os Simms' passes get knocked down!

Yea Simms stunk it up for Texas. He was always good in the games that didn't matter, but the big games came and he choked. I noticed he's maintained that tendancy to choke by blowing it in the first round of the playoffs to a mediocre-at-best Washington team.

At Texas he had a tendancy to throw low over the D-Line and his passes got batted down. That hasn't changed.

He's accurate when he's not under pressure of any sort - but that doesn't get you to the superbowl.

Yea Simms stunk it up for Texas. He was always good in the games that didn't matter, but the big games came and he choked. I noticed he's maintained that tendancy to choke by blowing it in the first round of the playoffs to a mediocre-at-best Washington team.

At Texas he had a tendancy to throw low over the D-Line and his passes got batted down. That hasn't changed.

He's accurate when he's not under pressure of any sort - but that doesn't get you to the superbowl.

Yeah, and the bad thing is the Tampa Bay O-line has suffered from chronic leakage over the last decade! Brad Johnson got the tar beat out of him in 2002 when they went to the Super Bowl. So let's see how the season unfolds. If they make it to the playoffs and Simms has another game like he did last year against Washington--let me tell ya', I'll be the first one to put up a "For Sale" outside of his house in Tampa!

kjb
I think the most improved team from last year will be either the Ravens or Dolphins. For the dominant team that might take a step is the Steelers.

Hahahaha, the Steelers squished the fish with their backup QB! The Dolphins were a popular pick, but I think Culpepper is going to go back to his old ways of ****ting the bed like he did last season. They should have picked up Brees instead.

Yeah, and the bad thing is the Tampa Bay O-line has suffered from chronic leakage over the last decade! Brad Johnson got the tar beat out of him in 2002 when they went to the Super Bowl. So let's see how the season unfolds. If they make it to the playoffs and Simms has another game like he did last year against Washington--let me tell ya', I'll be the first one to put up a "For Sale" outside of his house in Tampa!

Get your sign ready. That was a horrible blowout against BALTIMORE at TAMPA!

The Falcons are a team to worry about this year. The offense has more speed than any team this season in the NFL.

Back