• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 10 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
I don't have too much time to make an intro, so let me make this quick.

The St. Louis Cardinals lost on Opening Night 5-1 to the New York Mets. My Houston Astros will start a three-game series against the Pittsburgh Pirates on Monday night. So what are you looking for this season?

* What team will most likely make the playoffs?
* What team will greatly improve this season off of last?
* What great team will flounder?
* Who'll be playoff dark horses?
* What will be the surprise player(s)/team(s) this season?
* (any other question you'd like to ask and/or answer)

Have at it! MLB's back in session.

I'm not looking forward to baseball season at all. The Mariners are going to end up last, with about 90 losses. They didn't make any moves in the offseason to give us any hope. It's the same "rebuilding" team we've had for the last four years. And until the weather improves (mid-July), going to the game will be a serious drag. I guess I can still look forward to rooting against the Yankees. That's always fun.

I'm more excited about actually playing some baseball/softball this spring and summer than I am about MLB's return.

The St. Louis Cardinals lost on Opening Night 5-1 to the New York Mets.
Actually, they lost 6 - 1 ;)

Well, it seems the World Champions have not gotten a warm reception by the New York Mets so far, sweeping them in a 3 game series, scoring only 2 runs in 27 innings, and falling 10-0 on the final game.

Mets starters have made a statement: "we don't need Pedro Martinez to be better than we were last year". I'm not only happy, but also confident of this new season.
It should be an exciting one; Why you ask? Because there are at least 5 payers who might reached the 500HR, 1 player striving to tie Hank Aaron, and one pitcher close enough to his 300 Wins.

At least better than last year's season... :indiff:

Astros already in a hole. If we keep this up, our team is probably going to be the National League version of the the Kansas City Royals. It's not going to get better because the 'Stros get the Cards next. Yep, we're dead weight in April.

I'm exicted for this season. :)

The Yankees have that same potent offense, with Jeter, Rodriguez, Giambi, Abreu, Matsui, Posada, Cano, and Damon... Oh Wait! Thats the entire lineup. :D

Too bad our pitching is so sup-par, but we have Petite, Mussina, and Mariano... Oh god we're screwed in the playoffs this year. :indiff:

DAMN YOU ROGER CLEMENS WHY DID YOU LEAVE. WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TRY TO SIGN YOU??? :(

Well, at least we ADVANCED FURTHER in the playoffs, than a team that has a + 200 MILLION PAYROLL full of drama queens and old farts that need to be thrown out to the casket already. Seriously, with all the money the Yankess have spend, you shouldn't be allowed to lose 1 game. Yet you were almost out of the post season, and got beaten badly by a team that was considered the worst at the beginning of the 2006 season.

Yankess are all about show and no go. Joe Torre should be fired now; Baseball has changed and a good manager 7 years ago, is not a good manager NOW. Except for Bobby Cox.

I really cannot wait, for the Subway series against those punks, we are going to murder them so bad.

Ohh!! and one more thing, we almost, if not for one game, SWEPT the yankees AT YANKEE SATADIUM last year so...Good Luck ;)

Back