• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 13 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
With all kinds of news tidbits including player trades and such, this is a chance to preview the next season of NBA hoops.

I'll begin with my own content. Yao Ming's foot injury may prevent him from competing most of next season. That's why it's so hard for the Rockets to look for some quality talent. Ron Artest signed with the Lakers, and I think we're getting Trevor Ariza. Then there's still all kinds of talk on Tracy McGrady.

Offseason notes, team previews... that's the order here. So contribute at will!

A lot of Summer League games are taking place, so feel free to chat about how your teams are doing. It seems like the Rockets will hold on to Tracy McGrady because T-Mac will have his jersey number changed from #1 to #3.

Is the off-season usually this busy trade and free agents-signing-with-other-teams wise? I feel like so many players have changed homes since the draft. And that there is much more activity now than last year. But the NBA season is so long i probably just forgot all the changes that happened last year. :lol:

And to think next year is going to be even crazier, potentially.

In just under a month from now, preseason action will take place. I'm curious as to how the inclusion of Trevor(?) Ariza will help out in place of Rocket-turned-Laker Ron Artest.

A few teams are playing in the preseason right now. There was a preseason match between the Miami Heat at the Detroit Pistons. The margin of victory was 2 with scoring in the low '80s. I THINK Detroit won.

So people, this is our first chance to see some of the new and old NBA 'ballers hit the court.

My Rockets begin preseason play tonight! It's Rockets and Spurs. I'm guessing this game may or may not be at Toyota Center or in San Antonio. It will be the first look at the new-look Rockets. I'm still skeptical about this season's Rockets as opposed to the Rockets team that took the Lakers to seven games in the 2nd Round of the playoffs.

I predict my Wolves will win 30 games this year. I think we have a steadily improving team, however we still need a good player to build around. Currently we have Jefferson who is good but not leader material.

Rockets won 99-85 at the Spurs for their Preseason opener. Tomorrow night, we hook up against the Boston Celtics.

Right now, it's 32-23, Boston... as the Rockets are playing against the Boston Celtics at the Rockets' NBDL affiliate in Hidalgo, Texas (Rio Grande Valley Vipers). It's 8:19 left in the first half (2nd Quarter).

I heard something about a new Aussie in the NBA from the rookie draft, what team did he get on? Is there a list of the entire rookie draft?

Edit: It's Patrick Mills on the Trailblazers.👍

Last edited:
I found out the Rockets won 96-90 against Boston in a late rally. These games don't mean anything, but it's nice to win and keep winning. I kind of like this new "We Are Red Nation" campaign the Rockets have come along with. The only real tough opponents we take on the rest of this preseason are Orlando and Dallas.

[UPDATE] I was looking on Wikipedia, and we do have an Australian bloke on our team. His name is David Andersen. He's 7'0" and weighs 245 lbs (111 kg). He's a Center. I also didn't know that Pops Mensah-Bonsu is British.

Last edited:
Andersen? Mustn't get much game time. He's a giant though.:eek: There's always Andrew Bogut too.:lol:

I didn't see it, but the Rockets lost 113-104 (or something like that) in Orlando against the Magic. Now the Andersen fellow... he's the only other Australian I really know of in the NBA than former University of Utah Ute, Andrew Bogut.

I just can't wait to see the regular season with the Rockets hopefully returning to the playoffs and going farther than last season. I'm still very skeptical they'll even put up a serious fight if we do make the playoffs. All I know is... Rockets fans would love to win another NBA title, like they did in the 1993-1994 and 1994-1995 seasons.

Back