2009 24hrs of Le Mans Coming Up!

• Thread starter dj4monie
  • 5 comments
I thought about doing the race as I follow the real event. Of course the normal train of thought would be to use the LMP1 or Group C cars littered around the game.

I however am a big fan of the production GT classes and thought I could do a proper GT1 level race and match it to the actual race pace of the leaders.

Magnussen's 2008 pole time was - 3:47.669

I expect them to be around that pace or even slower since the GT1 field this year isn't very deep and a Corvette Racing 1-2-3 finish is very likely.

Has anybody done this before?

EDIT:

Okay I did a test -

Everything turned off, minor TCS setting

Stock Camaro LM recent oil change (592hp) rated at 601hp

Family Cup Event used for Testing (Simulating Race Conditions)

Lap 1 - 3:52.889

Lap 2 - 3:45 (beat Mag's pole time!)

I did have to draft the Zonda a bit as he would blow past me on the run down to Indy

Last edited:
Loathe though I am to disagree with the thread-closer, I see merit here.

He's talking about running the GT4 race alongside the real race (which seems, mafia_boy, to have something to do with GT4).

To answer the question, I believe it has been done before, but there's nothing stopping you doing this year's race. Drag a couple of mates into it so you have 3 drivers and let us know how it goes for you - though I may move it into the Race Reports section.

In that case, I've deleted my original post. I apologise for my misunderstanding of the original comment. I thought he meant just coverage FOR the Le Mans race which I found strange.

Once again dj4monie I apologise. :embarrassed:

Famine, I can't close anyone elses threads, I have to ask you guys. :)

I know you can't - except for your own, as a Premium user.

Sorry I didn't know if it belonged in the Race Reports Thread or not.

Thanks for moving it if it did...

No other drivers I don't think, I might talk to a friend and see..

Looks like B-Spec "Bob" will do it!, guess he'll have to triple stint through the night....

Back