2009 Audi A4 - Price revealed.

• Thread starter rollazn
  • 37 comments
I fully expect Audi to run the NA 3.2 V6 for one and a half, perhaps two model years before they switch to a new supercharged 3.0 V6 with ~300ish hp. Maybe something like 307 or 308 just so they can advertise more power than the 335i.

This would be a similar evolution to the 3-Series, where they launched the car with a 255 hp NA motor only to drop it 18 months later for the turbo motor.

BMW is no doubt anticipating this very move and is probably scrambling around in Munich preparing a return salvo. If I were a betting man, I would expect a return of the ZHP Performance Package to the 3-Series --the car's just received its facelift and probably has about 3-4 years left in it's life cycle so the timing is about right.

Competition is good.

M

Seems right... I just saw this and it seems that BMW is supposely going to offer a M-package for the 335i.

BMW_3_Cabrio_M_Pack_MotorAuthority_002.jpg

BMW_3_Cabrio_M_Pack_MotorAuthority_006.jpg

Critics of BMW’s M Sport Packages often lay claim that the accessories range makes the standard models on which they are applied too similar to the actual M cars. A 3-series Convertible has now been spotted with a M Sport Package bodykit and a new M3-style vented bonnet, suggesting that the visual difference between the standard 3-series and M3 is about to get even harder to define.

The basic M Sport Package for the 3-series comprises an aggressive front bumper with gaping intakes, unique side skirts and new rear bumper. The addition of the M3-style vented bonnet suggests that this could potentially be a test car for BMW’s Performance Parts range for the 3-series. Furthermore, the bonnet pictured here is not identical to the one on the M3. This one has a third vent in place of the M3’s distinct bonnet bulge.

BMW first launched its range of factory-backed performance accessories in September last year. Designed initially for the 3-series and Z4 models, the new range included a host of performance upgrades such as engine power kits, suspension and exhaust mods and even interior styling changes.

More serious upgrades borrowed from the M3 could make their way into the 3-series Performance Parts catalog. Rumored to be in the works is a limited slip differential designed for dual-clutch transmission models as well as a more powerful version of the 3.0L twin-turbo.

- http://www.motorauthority.com/news/convertibles/spy-shots-bmw-m-pack-to-get-m3-style-bonnet/

Could I love a car company more than Audi? Merc comes REAL close. This new A4 is sex on wheels. I love it.

If any of you TG fans remember a few episodes ago when the three were talking about a car company that doesn't have an ugly car in their model range? Why'd they forget about Audi? Audi doesn't HAVE an ugly car.

Um, what?

Q7 and Q5, the S8 and S6 are becoming rather "dated" these days. When they give the R8/A5/A4 treatment to the rest of the line, things will likely improve.

Um, what?

Q7 and Q5, the S8 and S6 are becoming rather "dated" these days. When they give the R8/A5/A4 treatment to the rest of the line, things will likely improve.

Dated and ugly are not the same thing.

I never liked the look of the new-ish A6 and A8 to begin with, so along with them being dated, I'd stick them in the "not very attractive" category as well.

But, styling is subjective. I'm just not much of a fan of Audi these days.

Back