2012 ai speed

Scotland
Edinburgh
Mikeylewis1
Hi , just progressed to professional level on career and I am now unable to keep up with the ai .I am in a red bull and I think I'm average at playing however the ai are now way fast !!!! .i know that practice makes perfect but the difference in speed is quite a lot ,so the question is does it come down to the car set up ????, I also drive with aids (tc medium ,abs on ,auto gears ) ,will switching to manual be quicker in the long run as I'm getting annoyed that I'm now so slow compared to being approx 3 secs a lap faster on lower level ! .i do 25% distance and once the car is setup on q1 I can't change it on the rest of qualy is this normally how the game works ???.
Cheers

Thats how qualifying works in real formula one. I would suggest manual gears but in the end its always down to your driving style.

Why do u need abs on formula 1's u have to floor the brakes for about 3 seconds to lock up? Also use Manuel it helps. I drive with no aids: no driving line, no abs, no tc, and use Manuel but its because I've been driving racing sims for years now.

Why do u need abs on formula 1's u have to floor the brakes for about 3 seconds to lock up? Also use Manuel it helps. I drive with no aids: no driving line, no abs, no tc, and use Manuel but its because I've been driving racing sims for years now.

Who the hell is Manuel? And where does he come from?

The AI on professional difficulty is too fast.. before it got patched it was kinda too easy but now it's almost impossible to even beat my teammate(currently driving for toro rosso)

AI speed is very inconsistent to be honest. I play on Legend and they're too fast in some sectors and too slow in others. Once you get in one of the top teams it gets too easy though. I finished 1st in Silverstone on a McLaren on quick race and the second car was +25s behind!

Hi , just progressed to professional level on career and I am now unable to keep up with the ai .I am in a red bull and I think I'm average at playing however the ai are now way fast !!!!

If you only consider yourself "average" and are playing on a professional level, I expect you to get crushed. I haven't played a Codies F1 game since 2010 and that's been when it first came out so I don't know how fast the AI can be, but I would expect professional AI to put in lap times comparable to the real-world lap times, which an average player won't get anywhere near. Only a small percentage of drivers in the world can compete with lap times set by F1 drivers, so I would expect an average player to get nowhere near that, no matter what car they're driving.

Hi there

I've read all the replys and agree that if I'm average at playing then I won't be competitive on pro ,however on amateur I'm 3 secs faster per lap minimum but on pro I'm 1.5 secs slower than the leaders ,is there differences in the handling ,etc on pro or do I have to get faster ?? .if so does car set up make that much difference as I use the wet/dry quick setup on the menu but still can't compete with the front runners (I'm In redbull) .
Cheers !!!

Hi there

I've read all the replys and agree that if I'm average at playing then I won't be competitive on pro ,however on amateur I'm 3 secs faster per lap minimum but on pro I'm 1.5 secs slower than the leaders ,is there differences in the handling ,etc on pro or do I have to get faster ?? .if so does car set up make that much difference as I use the wet/dry quick setup on the menu but still can't compete with the front runners (I'm In redbull) .
Cheers !!!

There aren't any differences to car performance, besides the normal difference between teams. Car setup is everything in my opinion. If you get the setup wrong you will not have a good race.

Hi there

Read the reply but I'm doing 25% distance and its park ferme after q1 so I'm unable to change the set up .will have to do time trial on circuits to figure out set up .
Cheers !

Mikeylewis1
Hi

I don't think there's any free practice on 25% distance as when you select the track it goes straight onto q1

If you're in regular career mode go to race settings and make it the long weekend full qualifying, you'll have 1 hour of free practice to make setup adjustments then all 3 qualifying rounds before race, and still have a 25% race

Yea the AI is pretty crazy. I was like you, struggling with Professional AI, but after a lot of practice I can now beat them in a top car, such as Mclaren, Redbull or Ferrari. In any other car I can not match them and I can not even beat my teammate. It is weird and not realistic. Even the midfield cars can post lap times equal to the top cars. I wish they would have made it more realistic. I dont' even want to see what it's like to play legend AI.

Yea the AI is pretty crazy. I was like you, struggling with Professional AI, but after a lot of practice I can now beat them in a top car, such as Mclaren, Redbull or Ferrari. In any other car I can not match them and I can not even beat my teammate. It is weird and not realistic. Even the midfield cars can post lap times equal to the top cars. I wish they would have made it more realistic. I dont' even want to see what it's like to play legend AI.

In my current Career Mode, Lotus and Mercedes have proven to be stout contenders, even winning a few races.

braunracing88
In my current Career Mode, Lotus and Mercedes have proven to be stout contenders, even winning a few races.

I started on Professional mode (DS3 user, full traction control) with Force India.
I was coming around 15th in qualifying and around 10th in race.
I was soon getting podiums.
I switched to Mercedes and was coming top 3 in qualifying and 1st most races.
Then i moved to McLaren and was easily getting 1st in qually & race so changed to Legend.
Struggled at first but now i am qualifying top 6 and winning around 7 races in the season which is much better.
Its more realistic, you have great nose to tail fights for lap after lap which look great on replays, it keeps you interested all season and comes down to the last couple of races and best of all you become a better racer from having to step up your game.

I still have to use rewinds in about 70% of races though.
Getting to the point where i can play without using any rewinds, and turning off traction control is going to be very hard.

Last edited:
I only got an offer from Sauber after Germany and won many races. I guess it's because i'm on Amateur. Time to switch to pro after mid way.

I smashed all the competition on pro this season in my RBR (15 poles, 18 wins). I did USA and Brazil on legend and got 1st and 6th (after a terrible pitstop where I didn't get released for 10 seconds) respectively. I've decided to do my last season on legend and 100% race distance. Either I've gotten better or something is up. I hope its the former.

I have got to the point now on my 5th season where i can win on every track on legend difficulty. (In a RedBull)
Time to move to slower cars!

Yeah I found the same problem. On Amateur I was lapping 4 sec faster and winning by a mile. Upped difficulty to pro and I`m 4 sec a lap down on the top few cars, and can only manage mid field placing`s in Qual and the race.

Ridiculous that the AI can jump 8 secs a lap!

Back