2013 Detroit Autoshow - Corvette GT5 Time Trials

Hi guys. A Michigander here who was at the 2013 Detroit Autoshow today.

Next to the new 2014 Corvette Stingray Final Prototype is a GT5 Time Trials booth setup to use the new Vette in a 3 minute time trial at HSR.

Here is the line in front of me after waiting nearly an hour for my turn!

23uao2a.jpg

If you guys have trouble finding the GT5 time trial event look for the full size red Vette mounted sideways on the wall. It is directly beneath that.

2nupshy.jpg

Not sure of what the settings were, but I scored a time of 1'05.689. The next person on the leaderboard was a 1'10.0xx. The top time in the private autoshow build of GT5 showed a 1'07.2xx as the top time and it was achieved on January 14th (before the autoshow was open to public). I asked who set the 1'07.2xx and the workers at the GT5 booth said it was "the creator of the game" who set the 1'07.2xx. While I highly doubt I beat Kaz's time, it was probably one of the traveling guys who sets up the GT5 booth.

Anyways, here is my time. Can anyone who is going to the autoshow this year beat my time? I hope my time stands but I'm sure if some of you die-hards tries it you will beat me.

Have fun and good luck!

2vv5ibt.jpg

Please keep in mind this is just a fun challenge. I'm not boasting, or saying I'm awesome. it was just a great experience. A lot of the people lingering around the new Vette didn't know why they were cheering, but there was a big applause. It felt great, so I'm just sharing my jubilation. Hope you guys find the booth and set great times!

Last edited:
Well done! 👍 That seems like quite an acheivement to me.

Do you have any other photos of cars from the auto show?

Awesome stuff on the leaderboard bishop!
Seriously awesome stuff. 👍

Congrats Bless!!! I can't wait to give it a shot at the Cincinnati auto show! Hopefully your time will still be up top!

Congrats! I hope they have something like this at the Toronto autoshow this February..

haha, Blessorship, I just added you on PSN because I seen your name up there when I was their today.

When you drove did you have trouble with your wheel? I had NO FFB and it was off balance to the left. I was the leader before you posted your Blistering time, I'm not sure why they got rid of my name all together.

My second lap I was on pace for a 1:07 but had a slight slide and forgot I had to steer right to go straight and lost it :P

Did you do the Ford Focus ST Hydrolic Simulator? When I did that I broke the lap record by 2.1 seconds, (running a 1:01.9)
The guys said "Hell of a lap, give me a minute and I'll put your name on the screen" .. Did you beat that one too? aha
It never happened, :lol:
Oh well.

Last edited:
Congrats on that killer time. :cheers:

I'm kind of hoping that when the Cleveland Auto show rolls around at the end of February that they will have this. I'll give it a shot. :P

Back