2013 European General Discussion

• Thread starter R1ch85
  • 7 comments
One_Man_Arsenal
2013 GT Academy is here and the main thread is getting hard to follow for specific regions so I thought this would be a good time to start the Euro specific discussion.

So let's hear how all you Europeans are getting on! :) Personally, I'm struggling to break 2:20 so I'm way off the pace at the moment.

Discuss...

Good idea. Or even better; a UK specific thread? I used Tidgney's 18.0 ghost as a carrot today which helped me to more or less match it. So thanks for that 👍

Getting more comfortable sliding the car now which seems to be key to turning a good lap time. Does anyone else find that the frame rate can get pretty poor in the slower sections? I use the bumper cam if it matters? But it's making it difficult to judge speed and I feel kinda sick when it's really bad :yuck:

I got within 0.8s of Tidgney last year I think but I'm 4 secs off the pace this time around. Either he's got faster and I've stood still, or he's stood still and I've got slower. More likely the former.

The slow corners in Sector 1 are just killing me as is Copse, I just can't find a consistent braking point.

I've been improving as much as I can so far, and are now at a 2:20.6xx. There are still some places I need to pick up time, especially the kink after the old pits, and the final chicane (The kink is just about finding the optimal place to turn in, I usually undershoot it, and the chicane gives me a too shallow turn for the right hander.

Currently at 10th at regional, so with a bit more practice, I should be able to crack top 5 at least.

Sliding is the way to go in some turns, and you gotta find that point where you carry the speed in a slight oversteer, without snapping back. its a hard nut to crack, but highly possible with a wheel

Good idea. Or even better; a UK specific thread? I used Tidgney's 18.0 ghost as a carrot today which helped me to more or less match it. So thanks for that 👍

Getting more comfortable sliding the car now which seems to be key to turning a good lap time. Does anyone else find that the frame rate can get pretty poor in the slower sections? I use the bumper cam if it matters? But it's making it difficult to judge speed and I feel kinda sick when it's really bad :yuck:

Great stuff mate :) & Great time 👍

I got within 0.8s of Tidgney last year I think but I'm 4 secs off the pace this time around. Either he's got faster and I've stood still, or he's stood still and I've got slower. More likely the former.

The slow corners in Sector 1 are just killing me as is Copse, I just can't find a consistent braking point.

I hope I've gotten a little bit quicker ;)! A braking point for copse is just before the barrier colour transition from where you should brake. If you look to the right it will go from white to red, now I brake just before the red. Unlike Ti-tech who trail brakes a bit further in, I go for more of an aggressive brake (Not turn in but solid braking rather than gradual) and then throttle but either should work. You can be a bit patient on copse with a slower apex speed to get a better exit speed!

I've improved my times, started at 2:22:xxx, I'm now at 2:20.624. That 2:20.624 lap was still a very messy lap, and still a lot more time to pick up.
I lose a lot of time in the Brooklands/Luffield section of the track, I really find the entry into Brooklands very tricky. Besides that, you really need to have a clean and straight exit out of Luffield to gain as much top speed as possible down to Copse - A very tricky corner too!

Fortunately there's still a lot of hours to practice!

For the moment 4th in Belgium-Luxembourg with a 02.18.254
I'll probably won't be spending as much time as I did last year. If I'm not in the top 8, well so be it

It looks like the cutoff in Sweden will be a high 17.. And that will be hard for me to pull off..
I'm currently sitting at 2'19.5, but I've only been on for one session, so should be able to at least reach the low 18's, then we'll see.. Fingers crossed I can break in to the 17's and reach the regional final (Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Norway).

Back