June 30 Britain (Silverstone)
July 21 Germany (Hockenheim)
July 28 Hungary (Hungaroring)
September 1 Belgium (Spa)
September 8 Italy (Monza)
September 22 Singapore (Marina Bay) *
October 6 Japan (Suzuka)
October 13 Korea (Yeongam) *
October 27 India (Buddh International Circuit)
November 3 Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)
November 17 United States (Austin)
November 24 Brazil (Interlagos)

* subject to confirmation

No Valencia.

Looks like I know when the first time I go to a F1 race is.

I hope so, as the Port Imperial race is practically in my own back yard, or at least let's say, a 45 minute hop and skip, but I wouldn't necessarily count on it happening. At least not in 2013. I don't have any special insight, but from the outside, looking in, things appear in disarray.

After the huge fanfare surrounding the announcement last October, the race is less than 9 months away and yet:

There's construction in the port imperial area with a paddock and garages but it seems to have stalled. The last time I was there a few weeks ago, it looked no different than it did in the late spring and there didn't seem to be any active work taking place. (This is just my own subjective observation)

It's on the provisional calendar but with an asterisk next to it. And two months ago, Bernie Eccelstone himself made comments to the effect that he didn't think it would happen in 2013. (See here: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100659/

There is no official website for the event, only a few fan made sites and facebook pages. And there hasn't been any sort of announcement or promotion. By now, things should be in full swing.

There is an official twitter feed but it's been silent for almost 10 months.

In August, Grand Prix of America President, Tom Cotter stepped down and there's been no announcement who's replacing him.

I'm familiar with those roads and major repaving work needs to be done if this race has any hope of taking place. Granted that could, and probably should be done next spring. But by now, there should already be a full on marketing campaign in full swing. There should be announcements, news stories, full banner ads, billboards--anything to draw attention to it. It's less than 9 months and that time will fly by.

I was doubtful of this race from the very beginning. I found it nearly inconceivable that they'd be able to properly cordon off the area and be able to push something like this through with the amount of closed minded NIMBYers in the area. Almost half the track is on roads that transverse a residential area. But when I saw the governor on TV last October, giving his stamp of approval, I began to believe it. I revised my opinion and thought it might really happen.

Unfortunately, the utter silence since that announcement, has given rise to little other than doubts. The fact that it's on the provisional calendar does leave me with some hope. But if I had to place a bet today, I'm sad to say, I doubt it's going to happen.

Why the schedule is always a mess like that? I mean after going to the south east asia then going back to the Europe, then to the US and Canada, then back to europe, then to south east asia again! and asia again! then back to the US again???

Why not make it like a A to B trip, from Australia, south east asia, asia, europe, then America?

No Valencia.

No loss.

If I remember correctly, the race there was actually pretty good this year, but it normally isn't. The circuit itself is in a pretty location but the track is an eye sore to look at it. It's like driving down a series of gray hallways.

Street course.

That information might turn stomachs of some folks who weren't up to speed on F1 racing across from Manhattan, but from what I've seen it looks like it might actually be pretty decent.

Back