2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
BKGlover (Andretti) and Matty (Munoz) still alive for the double-sweep in the open-wheel bonus picks.

EDIT - I guess sweeping the 2nd place finishers isn't too bad. :cool: I almost picked Ryan instead of Helio, too. 🤬

EDIT #2 - NO ONE picked Ryan Hunter-Reay. :lol:

Last edited:
I picked Rosberg for Monaco, so I got 5 points and a CP, and 2 for the 48 winning the pole at Charlotte.

Kanaan didn't last long at Indy, got nothing there.

Resubmitted picks for the 600:

14, 20, 48.

Ditched the 24 after all since he has back issues.

I think I made an error there. I believe I picked the 22, not the 20. Submitted 14, 22, 48 again just to make sure.

FYI - LMSCorvetteGT2 has joined up this week. When calculating his starting points (the sum of the lowest scores from each previous round, minus penalties), I decided to discard a few of the lowest results from the first few weeks that were deemed to be intentionally-poor entries. Because of this adjustment, two players that started after round 1 should have their scores increased to match the points I am awarding to LMSCorvetteGT2 for joining this week.

ukfan758 will gain 30 points (round 2 adjustment).
RedPartyHat will gain 67 points (round 2/3/4 adjustment).
LMSCorvetteGT2 will start with 490 points.

Round 1 - 42 points (BKGlover)
Round 2 - 65 points (Gerarghini) --[ignoring LorenzoEspresso's 35 point result]
Round 3 - 60 points (Justin) --[ignoring Big Lennie's 31 point result]
Round 4 - 52 points (ukfan758/pisaacs) --[ignoring Big Lennie's 44 points result]
Round 5 - 35 points (LorenzoEspresso)
Round 6 - 39 points (pisaacs)
Round 7 - 9 points (BlacqueJacques)
Round 8 - 51 points (RedPartyHat)
Round 9 - 55 points (AdamGP)
Round 10 - 11 points (Patrick)
Round 11 - 71 points (BKGlover)

If anyone sees any errors here, please let me know ASAP. I'm going to update the standings for these changes, and all of the Monaco GP/Indy 500 bonus points before the start of the Coca Cola 600 tonight.

Monaco GP/Indy 500 Bonus Round Results:

bDEuC8C.png

Legend:
GREEN BOX = Race win - gained 1 Consecutive Pick
RED BOX = Driver failed to finish - can be used next week without using CP
(CP) = Consecutive Pick used for selection
(P10) = 10 point penalty for selection, no CP available for this pick

Notes:

LMSCorvetteGT2 joined this week. He starts with 490 points, the sum of the fewest points earned from each previous round. UKFan758 and RedPartyHat had their starting points adjusted, as explained in the previous post.

MustangRyan, FireEmblem10, Furinkazen, and BKGlover scored the most points in this bonus round, with 8 points. There is no prize for most points scored in a bonus round.

There were no pole-winner bonuses offered for either race.

AdamGP, Matty, and BKGlover received a CP for picking GP of Monaco race winner Nico Rosberg.

No one picked Indy 500 winner Ryan Hunter-Reay.

Several players did not enter picks this week. Since it was a bonus round, there is no penalty.

Please let me know if you see any errors in anyone's score. Scoring errors will only be corrected up until the start of next Sunday's Sprint Cup race.

Last edited:
Damn it, I was originally thinking Rosberg for Monaco but decided against it at the last second. :/

Interesting info, if anyone is having any last-minute doubts.

w5r4elR.png

JrFN4lY.png

EYx1keh.png

EDIT - I'm already wishing I had followed my own advice early, as Bowyer runs strong and Kahne can't get into his pit box during his first green flag pit stop. 🤬 Thankfully for Kahne, it's a loooong race.

EDIT #2 - 30% distance, and MartySmith's picks are running 1-2-3. Kahne is 18th and back on the lead lap, after taking the wave-around. Without a caution soon, he's going to have to pit, and will probably be 2 laps down.

Last edited:
LMSCorvetteGT2 joined this week. He starts with 490 points, the sum of the fewest points earned from each previous round. UKFan758 and RedPartyHat had their starting points adjusted, as explained in the previous post.

Welcome to the fantasy league, with a 1/3/4 and most points scored in round 12. Some of the guys hanging around the Chase bubble might be glad that you waited so long to join. :D

Should have let him take the 29. Then he'll learn his lesson about picking numbers and not drivers.
I should start stacking the pick form with multiple entries for drivers. Pick the wrong number, you get nothing!

Imagine if you had Harvick/Kenseth/McMurray in 2nd/3rd/5th, but accidentally selected them as the 29/17/26. :lol:

Should have let him take the 29. Then he'll learn his lesson about picking numbers and not drivers.
Well luckily for me he goes by the picks on the form, which shows the correct numbers for the drivers. I can spout nonsense on here about incorrect driver numbers all day and still be fine. :dopey:

I should start stacking the pick form with multiple entries for drivers. Pick the wrong number, you get nothing!

Imagine if you had Harvick/Kenseth/McMurray in 2nd/3rd/5th, but accidentally selected them as the 29/17/26. :lol:
I'd probably be screwed. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back