2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
2nd, 4th and 14th. I'll take that considering my 42nd last week. Glad I avoided the 22, 99, and 5 this week. And I strongly considered the 22, but for some reason didn't pick him. :scared:

2nd, 4th and 14th. I'll take that considering my 42nd last week. Glad I avoided the 22, 99, and 5 this week. And I strongly considered the 22, but for some reason didn't pick him. :scared:

Same reason I avoid the 5 every weekend even before joining. Cause on paper he looks good but then the forces of natural luck in the world say otherwise.

Round 14 Results:

lmOEMNH.png

Legend:
GREEN BOX = Race win - gained 1 Consecutive Pick
RED BOX = Driver failed to finish - can be used next week without using CP
(CP) = Consecutive Pick used for selection
(P10) = 10 point penalty for selection, no CP available for this pick

Notes:

No new entries were made this week.

The Consecutive Pick for most points scored in round 14 was won by @BKGlover, with a 1-2-4 finish worth 132 points.

Five players received 2 bonus points for picking pole-winner Denny Hamlin before qualifying.

Seven players received a Consecutive Pick for picking race winner Dale Earnhardt, Jr.

Six Consecutive Picks were spent this week.

Two players (@Patrick and @Wilbur) did not submit picks this week. Picks from the previous week were used, and docked 10 points per driver, if a CP was not available. There was no penalty for Kyle Busch, who was DNF last week.

@RedPartyhat was removed, after missing three consecutive weeks.

No one picked Kyle Larson (5th), Martin Truex, Jr. (9th), or Jamie McMurray (10th).

One person picked Ryan Newman (7th).

Three people picked Kurt Busch (3rd).

Kasey Kahne, Joey Logano, and Carl Edwards can be picked again next week without penalty, since they were DNF this week.

@Gerarghini, in 15th place, is tied for the most top-5 and top-10 selections for the season.

Every single player between 3rd and 25th changed positions, except for me.

This week's average score was 95 points.

Please let me know if you see any errors in anyone's score. Scoring errors will only be corrected up until the start of the next race.

Considering I'm sitting 13th in points, one slip away from falling out of the Chase again, I'm amazed I'm tied for the most top 5's on the season.

Considering I'm sitting 13th in points, one slip away from falling out of the Chase again, I'm amazed I'm tied for the most top 5's on the season.
Most of the standings are reflective of who has had the fewest 35th+ finishes. A few of those can really drop you down the list in a hurry.

Yeah, I'm surprised that I only dropped one spot with picking Logano. Probably the only damage control was that I picked Juneyah and so many other people picked Logano.

Looks like all the bad things are just starting to happen to me. Pick Johnson and Harvick, one gets hit in the pits the other gets a flat tire. I cant stand wasting quality picks like that.

2, 15 and 88 for Michigan.

I noticed Juan Pablo Montoya was on the pick list-is he back?
He's driving a third Penske car at Michigan this weekend, mostly as a tune-up for the Brickyard 400 next month. Roger Penske still hasn't won the Brickyard 400 yet, and is attempting to maximize his chances of doing so this season.

Back