2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
Making the chase.

...how do you not? Considering there are 11 races to go, and in 4 races I alone nearly doubled where I started at. So why wouldn't you have a chance to close the 100 point gap? Hey if you don't think you can though I wouldn't mind switching you :sly:

...how do you not? Considering there are 11 races to go, and in 4 races I alone nearly doubled where I started at. So why wouldn't you have a chance to close the 100 point gap? Hey if you don't think you can though I wouldn't mind switching you :sly:

I'm just assuming my luck doesn't change, but maybe this week will turn it around.

3rd, 29th, 41st

Me when checking stats on iPhone:
16170812-rage-gif.gif
115203.gif

Round 15 Results:

g4rgDAh.png

Legend:
GREEN BOX = Race win - gained 1 Consecutive Pick
RED BOX = Driver failed to finish - can be used next week without using CP
(CP) = Consecutive Pick used for selection
(P10) = 10 point penalty for selection, no CP available for this pick

Notes:

No new entries are being allowed at this time, as we are more than halfway through the regular season.

The Consecutive Pick for most points scored in round 15 was won by @tbwhhs.

Four players received 2 bonus points for picking pole-winner Kevin Harvick before qualifying.

Four players received a Consecutive Pick for picking race winner Jimmie Johnson.

One Consecutive Pick was spent this week.

One player (@Ganon83) did not submit picks this week. Picks from the previous week were used, and docked 10 points per driver, if a CP was not available. There was no penalty for Joey Logano, who was DNF last week.

Kyle Busch and Brian Vickers were both running at the end of the race, so were not DNF.

This week's average score was 103 points.

Please let me know if you see any errors in anyone's score. Scoring errors will only be corrected up until the start of the next race.

Figures I have my best week when I have no shot.
I totally disagree. You went from being 125 points out of 16th place to just 97 points out in a single week. There are still 11 races to go before the Chase, plus more bonus picks. You need to make up just under 9 points a week on 16th place, and you'll be there by Richmond. Ganon, in 25th place, only needs to make up 12 points per week on 16th place, which isn't totally out of the question.

Last edited:
Not sure who to pick, Ambrose is most likely an obvious choice but the other two not sure and even him I'm a little iffy on based on crew more than anything.

I'm surprised you expect something good from Kurt here...
If Kurt blows up or runs off course, so be it. I'm not looking for good points days. I'm looking for race wins, and I think these three cars are the best bets to win the race.

Kurt won in the 22 a few years back, nearly won in the 51 car two years ago, and finished 4th last year despite 2 speeding penalties. Combine his recent results at Sonoma with the strong performance of the Hendrick-based cars, and you have to like his chances. On the other hand, MWR has won the past two Sonoma races with Bowyer and Truex. Truex's crew chief last year was Rodney Childers, who is now working on Harvick's car.

Other than my picks, I think nearly everyone else will pick between the 14, 15, and 24, with the 47, 55, and 78 as potential dark horses. I've already seen a few people picking Brad Keselowski and Kyle Busch, but I think they are a lot better at Watkins Glen than Sonoma.

If Kurt blows up or runs off course, so be it. I'm not looking for good points days. I'm looking for race wins, and I think these three cars are the best bets to win the race.

Kurt won in the 22 a few years back, nearly won in the 51 car two years ago, and finished 4th last year despite 2 speeding penalties. Combine his recent results at Sonoma with the strong performance of the Hendrick-based cars, and you have to like his chances. On the other hand, MWR has won the past two Sonoma races with Bowyer and Truex. Truex's crew chief last year was Rodney Childers, who is now working on Harvick's car.

Other than my picks, I think nearly everyone else will pick between the 14, 15, and 24, with the 47, 55, and 78 as potential dark horses. I've already seen a few people picking Brad Keselowski and Kyle Busch, but I think they are a lot better at Watkins Glen than Sonoma.

I would agree with you on that, those are Watkins Glen drivers, same with Gordon being a better Glen driver though good at Sonoma.

You've convinced me, though Kurt's bad luck would still worry me. MWR drivers I feel aren't nearly as strong this year as years past, and I'd say JJ or Harvick or Stewart would be the best of the regular chance winners, and then Ambrose as the the road course ace.

Is this some kind of a joke? :lol:

Why would it be some kind of joke, he's won their 4 times. Though he's been horrible ever since the COT took hold and just because of a wreck last year doesn't mean he's poor. Not sure what you see as a joke. I think he's had better race win drivers at Glen compared to Sonoma.

So what, he's finished in the top ten, I mean you can stretch or contract the figures to fit your argument anyway you want but based on his decline in general. I mean even if he did have a top 5 at one point you'd probably have said he hasn't had a top 3 since his last finish and so on and so forth. I would still say he's a good Glen driver just not at his peak anymore. Though when you compare that to Sonoma and him finishing top 10 each year since his last win there 9 years ago that is far more impressive, but I wouldn't slot him for a win.

Though you don't need a win from him just a good finish

Gordon is a nearly sure bet for a top 10 at Sonoma. He's the only guy with 6 top-10 finishes in the last 6 Sonoma races. However, like LMS, I don't see him as a threat to win the race. If I was just looking for a great points day, I would take the 15/24/48.

Great week points week for me, I've gone from +75 points over 17th place to +127.

And picks submitted.
#9 Marcos Ambrose.
#15 Clint Bowyer.
#41 Kurt Busch.

I'm taking a chance this week. RFR killed what momentum I might have had, and Bowyer hasn't shown me much this season. I might be able to handle one more poor showing, but I need to turn it around.

Back