2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
The man, the prophet, you all know @ukfan758

You're original votes with a change to Harvick only would have been a massive points haul. Also as I said, you're now a prophet because Junior actually finished top 3 in a race that I don't think he ever has prior...

So I will make sure to copy your first predictions next week, or Ryans. Since I basically decided to to trust Ryan's revised choices and picked the same drivers.:grumpy:

I might switch to edwards because he's good here and usually a high start from him means good things for the race.

I should have listened to this guy ^, but I was to full of Pride to make a revised pick...

The man, the prophet, you all know @ukfan758

You're original votes with a change to Harvick only would have been a massive points haul. Also as I said, you're now a prophet because Junior actually finished top 3 in a race that I don't think he ever has prior...

So I will make sure to copy your first predictions next week, or Ryans. Since I basically decided to to trust Ryan's revised choices and picked the same drivers.:grumpy:

I should have listened to this guy ^, but I was to full of Pride to make a revised pick...
I use a cycle for the other 34 races, I only use special choices for road courses and special events. Prophet mode off. 8th, 10th, 22nd, oh the joy! :banghead:

I use a cycle for the other 34 races, I only use special choices for road courses and special events. Prophet mode off. 8th, 10th, 22nd, oh the joy! :banghead:

Yeah I clearly turned off my inner prohphet too I was going to switch to either 99/9/41

OR 99/41/27

I knew Bowyer would be a gamble, he's either on or he isn't and like I said MWR hasn't been the ticket so far this year so why would they be here or future tracks they've done well in in the past? I think I'll stick to my way of predictions after this race.

Glad I didn't listen to myself yesterday, was seriously considering switching out Bowyer for Allmendinger. Good thing I stuck to my original picks, despite Clint's spin it worked out pretty well.
I knew Bowyer would be a gamble, he's either on or he isn't and like I said MWR hasn't been the ticket so far this year

Yeah only picked Bowyer today because of his past record at Sonoma, same goes for Kurt too. Unlikely to pick either for the rest of the season. Both are too inconsistent for my liking.

Last edited:
I knew Bowyer would be a gamble, he's either on or he isn't and like I said MWR hasn't been the ticket so far this year so why would they be here or future tracks they've done well in in the past? I think I'll stick to my way of predictions after this race.
At one point in the race, Bowyer and Vickers were both in the top 3 or 4 spots. I think they both just had bad luck, vs bad equipment.

At one point in the race, Bowyer and Vickers were both in the top 3 or 4 spots. I think they both just had bad luck, vs bad equipment.

Yeah I can understand that but to me that's been the story of MWR this year bad luck and bad equipment at times. It's as if they're being punished by the race gods karma for last seasons shenanigans.

Round 16 Results:

PNdcGxn.png

Legend:
GREEN BOX = Race win - gained 1 Consecutive Pick
RED BOX = Driver failed to finish - can be used next week without using CP
(CP) = Consecutive Pick used for selection
(P10) = 10 point penalty for selection, no CP available for this pick

Notes:

No new entries are being allowed at this time, as we are more than halfway through the regular season.

The Consecutive Pick for most points scored in round 16 was won by @Chqr.

No one received 2 bonus points for picking pole-winner Jamie McMurray before qualifying.

One player (@Chqr) received a Consecutive Pick for picking race winner Carl Edwards.

Three Consecutive Picks were spent this week.

Every player submitted picks this week.

No one selected Earnhardt (3rd), Menard (5th), Kahne (6th), Biffle (9th), Newman (11th), Mears (13th), Vickers (14th), or Truex (15th).

22 of 28 entries selected Ambrose (8th). That's probably the highest percentage of players to pick any single driver for any race this season.

This week's average score was 97 points.

Please let me know if you see any errors in anyone's score. Scoring errors will only be corrected up until the start of the next race.

Super safe picks: 15/24/48

Race to win: 9/41/48

Gambling to make up points: 41/47/78

For those curious:

My super-safe picks would have netted 116 points. No one chose the 15/24/48 combo.

The 9/41/48 scored 107 points, and only Ambrose really had a chance to win, though his tires faded late.

The gambling line only scored 70 points, but Allmendinger led a LOT of laps, and only finished poorly because Dale Jr. damaged his car. Truex also had a very good car, but lost a ton of track position because of a very early tire issue.

Just wait until Watkins Glen
I think some people will pick against Ambrose on road courses, just on the hope that if he has a bad day, they can totally kill the field. Had Ambrose wrecked and finished 35th, you would only need to beat 5 other people to score the most points for the week.

FYI, this is a triple-header weekend, so prepare to enter some Truck/NW bonus picks for Kentucky.

Back