2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
Dang, I'm seeing some high scores. And here I felt good with my 1st, 3rd, and 8th...:lol:

Anyway, I think I've picked the race winner something like 5 races in a row. This is crazy.

Damn, I was hoping I could swipe the most points CP from you and Niop
Your 1-3-5 finish did outscore Niop and my 1-2-5 finish, since Harvick (2nd place - 42 points) led no laps and Logano (3rd place - 41 points) led the most laps (+2 points).

Round 23 Results:

dF6WyLL.png

Legend:
GREEN BOX = Race win - gained 1 Consecutive Pick
RED BOX = Driver failed to finish - can be used next week without using CP
(CP) = Consecutive Pick used for selection
(P10) = 10 point penalty for selection, no CP available for this pick

Notes:

No new entries are being allowed at this time, as we are more than halfway through the regular season.

The Consecutive Pick for most points scored in round 23 was won by @seabass who scored a 1-2-3 finish. For the 1-2-3, Seabass earned an extra CP and 15 bonus points.

Three entries received 2 bonus points for picking pole-winner Jeff Gordon before qualifying.

Ten entries received a Consecutive Pick for picking race winner Jeff Gordon.

Five Consecutive Picks were spent this week.

@jmacca did not submit picks this week. All of his picks were scored based on last round's picks, and all three of his available CPs were used.

@Matty was removed from the standings, following his third straight week of not submitting picks.

@Dolph Drago is now leading, or tied for the lead, in race wins, top 5s, and top 10s.

All five players that have 44 top 10s are in the top 5 in points.

Somehow, @Gerarghini has only 3 less top 10s (41) than the leaders, and is 20th in points.

No one picked Paul Menard (4th place) or Denny Hamlin (7th).

One person picked Clint Bowyer (6th).

This week's average score was 111 points.

Please let me know if you see any errors in anyone's score. Scoring errors will only be corrected up until the start of the next race.

Nationwide picks.
#9 Chase Elliot.
#22 Ryan Blaney.

Sprint Cup picks.
#20 Matt Kenseth. #18 Kyle Busch.
#22 Joey Logano.
#24 Jeff Gordon.

Last edited:
Dropping like mad. Welp, gotta rely on gambles at this rate.

NW: 7 & 9
CW: Completely forgot
SC: 4, 5, 18

Truck race bonus points:

1. Keselowski: Not eligible to be picked.
2. Wallace Jr: +4 points (Furinkazen, Blitz24, The Bman, Earth, BKGlover)
3. Hornaday Jr: +3 points (TheBook, BKGlover, UKfan758)
4. Crafton: +2 points (Blitz24, Carbonox, The Bman, Spacegoat, FireEmblem10, Seabass)
5. Sauter: +1 point (TheBook, Furinkazen, Gerarghini, Niop, Seabass)

My picks were 17 and 29, which were terrible.

BKGlover +7 points
Blitz24 +6
The Bman +6
Furinkazen +5
Earth +4
TheBook +4
UKfan758 +3
Seabass +3
Carbonox +2
Spacegoat +2
FireEmblem10 +2
Gerarghini +1
Niop +1

@MustangRyan, I could be wrong, but didn't you discard Cup drivers in earlier Busch/Trucks special events, instead giving 5 points to the highest placing series regular and so forth?

@MustangRyan, I could be wrong, but didn't you discard Cup drivers in earlier Busch/Trucks special events, instead giving 5 points to the highest placing series regular and so forth?
Only would do that if Cup drivers swept the top five, and even then it was usually just 3/2/1 to the top three eligible picks.

Nationwide going with pedigree - Chase Elliot and Jeffry Earnhardt

Sprint Cup - Harvick, Logano and Kurt Busch fingers crossed I can get back in the Chase as I am one spot short after the last 2 weeks of bad luck on pics

Nationwide going with pedigree - Chase Elliot and Jeffry Earnhardt

Sprint Cup - Harvick, Logano and Kurt Busch fingers crossed I can get back in the Chase as I am one spot short after the last 2 weeks of bad luck on pics

If you are wanting to catch up, you should probably lean toward the favorites. If they have a bad day, chances are good that other players will score low as well, and you won't lose much/any ground to the people ahead of you. If the favorites have a good day, and you picked gambles, you're going to lose ground.

To me, the typical Bristol favorites are: 2/11/18/20/22/24/48/99

If you want to go with a non-favorite that might still finish well, then maybe try someone from the 4/5/16/41/42/55/88 group.

If you're wanting a longshot wild gamble, try any of these guys: 1/9/15/17/27/43

I've come up with a new way to choose my picks.

Not going to tell anyone, obviously. :sly:

Back